Playing On the Dirt - On to Monte Carlo - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #301
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian 2012 Hard court season - Tearing it up at the Australian open

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, honestly I was surprised it finished. I watched the score, finish 6‑1, 6‑1 and he retired.
Andy, we played last year, end of last year. He kind of destroy me. But, you know, I have no pressure now. He's one of the players I have to play like him. I learn a lot of things from him.
Yeah, it's going to be tough, but I try to do my best tennis.

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, honestly there's a lot of good players in Asia. But, yeah, I'm happy to get to the top from Asia, and hopefully I can be like Li Na for the men.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
I like his choice of using the word "destroy" to describe that defeat.
And nice to see the recognition for Na Li, I hope Kei can achieve this if not more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafkei View Post
I am so thrilled with that win from Kei! Good thing today is a holiday because of Chinese New Year so i was able to see the match. I was really nervous definitely in every point and was shouting everytime Kei wins a point especially during break points. I never really feel that passionate towards a tennis player since Paradorn, and that seeing Kei and all his achievements makes me really proud to be an Asian.

I really feel he has a great chance against Murray, i am just a bit concerned that he has to play Mixed doubles tomorrow, i hope he won't get too tired.

Again congrats Kei, and congrats to all of us here! I think the number of frustrations that we got due to Kei's injury is really being rewarded right now.
I wish I had a day off, but I watched parts of it muted in the office. Trying hard not to cheer out loud, nothing like a good tennis match to distract me from work.
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #302
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian 2012 Hard court season - Tearing it up at the Australian open

Congrats, Kei! In the top 8!

It was a good match...Tsonga's sportsmanship really impressed me.
I hope Kei have a good rest.
Good luck in the next match against Murray!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #303
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I hate that Kei has to play Andy! And Kei has been playing Doubles also! Wow I'm more impressed by him than ever! And he seems so very nice
Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #304
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

im so happy for kei!

makes his grand slam QF debut and cracks the top 20
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #305
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafkei View Post
I am so thrilled with that win from Kei! Good thing today is a holiday because of Chinese New Year so i was able to see the match. I was really nervous definitely in every point and was shouting everytime Kei wins a point especially during break points. I never really feel that passionate towards a tennis player since Paradorn, and that seeing Kei and all his achievements makes me really proud to be an Asian.

I really feel he has a great chance against Murray, i am just a bit concerned that he has to play Mixed doubles tomorrow, i hope he won't get too tired.

Again congrats Kei, and congrats to all of us here! I think the number of frustrations that we got due to Kei's injury is really being rewarded right now.
Well said Rafkei!
Now the time we spent moaning about when he'd be back on court is completely behind us!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #306
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Kei and Kimiko are scheduled to play the fourth match on Show Court 2.
Am still not sure if it's a good idea for him to go on playing mixed doubles after the tough day yesterday...
But good luck to both if they decide to play!

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 01-24-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #307
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I wish I had a day off, but I watched parts of it muted in the office. Trying hard not to cheer out loud, nothing like a good tennis match to distract me from work.
Yeah i know how you feel, trying to restraint your self from cheering out loud. I usually do that at the office as well, even if i only watch live scores, i still quietly say "yeah or cmon" everytime Kei wins a point. I wonder how would i react if i get to watch him play live, i guess i'll go nuts hahaha
Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #308
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
Well said Rafkei!
Now the time we spent moaning about when he'd be back on court is completely behind us!
Thanks Bunny! Yeah your right.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #309
country flag *bunny*

Rod Laver Arena

11:00 AM
Sara Errani(ITA) vs. Petra Kvitova(CZE)[2]

Not Before:12:30 PM
Ekaterina Makarova(RUS) vs. Maria Sharapova(RUS)[4]

Not Before:2:30 PM
Andy Murray(GBR)[4] vs. Kei Nishikori(JPN)[24]

Finally Kei's debut on RLA. Play your best tennis Kei and it will be different from Shanghai SF!

He and Kimiko lost mixed doubles in straight sets today. After the match Kei told the Japanese TV that he was happy with his serving and hoped to continue serving well tomorrow too. He didn't look all that tired, but his tank can't be as full as Murray's. Still, I wish him all the best of luck!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #310
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck kei, Wish you all the best of luck
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #311
country flag *bunny*

For the past several years in Japan, tennis has been broadcast by either WOWOW (GS, Davis Cup, Japan Open etc) or GAORA (masters series and some ATP tournaments), both paid channels for subscribers only.

But today NHK, Japan's public broadcaster (equivalent to BBC in UK), suddenly decided to air Kei's QF match live. That alone speaks volumes about what Kei's progess at AO means in Japan. While I'm glad many people get a chanes to see Kei play, I hope it won't be a drubbing like in Shanghai last year.

#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 01-25-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #312
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Kei he just looks tired and no wonder with all the playing he has been doing! 1st Set is 4-1 Murray.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #313
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

5-2 Murray. Kei will get a lead in Murray's service games 0-30, but Murray so far has come back and won his service games.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #314
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

5-3 Murray and he is serving for the 1st Set.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #315
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Murray won the 1st Set 6-3.