The 2012 season is here! Chat Thread. - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #436
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2012 season is here! Chat Thread.

Ugh... Rycka played like crap all week.. it almost would have better off to lose in the first round then choke today. Well, it could be a turning point for the next few months, lets see how he recovers.

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #437
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Disgusting is charitable. He's a waste of space and talent on a tennis court. Even Gulbis would be impressed. I've never seen a player in US Open qualies take such a winnable match and play so disinterested and horribly. Overrated is a generous description of Berankis. Its too bad - he could amount to a lot if he decided to - its up in the air at this point if that ever happens looking at what I saw today.
thank you for your report and brutal honesty coffee. It wasnt easy to read but also everything you say is true

its very frustrating to hear this and i know i want to see him in the draw but he honestly doesnt deserve if after reading your report
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #438
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

I think its frustrating in the sense that he was playing well before the open, beating players he can (like all his opponents this week.) He wasn't in any pain and you expected him to qualify. I don't think anyone expected him to go far in the main draw but not making it? It pretty much erases all the good things.

I still think he'll rebound, get stronger and play better but disappointing for sure.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #439
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

its tricky bceuase he played alot of tennis so te risk was getting burned out. On the other hand it was probably a mistake not to try and keep going because he should be beating everyone he had in his section easily
Old 08-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #440
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Disgusting is charitable. He's a waste of space and talent on a tennis court. Even Gulbis would be impressed. I've never seen a player in US Open qualies take such a winnable match and play so disinterested and horribly. Overrated is a generous description of Berankis. Its too bad - he could amount to a lot if he decided to - its up in the air at this point if that ever happens looking at what I saw today.
I must say, I agree with you. His progress has stagnated for a while now, bar the LA run, which was a nice suprise to be honest. He's a hard worker and has talent to do well, but his instability remains his main obstacle, separating him from taking the next step. Maybe it's the mental things - he's ought to be tired of constant injuries and the need to play qualifying. I still believe he has the hunger to succeed and break through, but for now, it's smart for him gather himself, think things through for a while and play in the Challenger Tour, which he'll do. These couple of months will be crucial for him, if he wants to maintain his ranking for next year. I hope he finishes this year in a decent position and starts a fresh year, gets his rhytm going early and solidifies his place in the Tour.
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #441
country flag Zambanas

Zambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond reputeZambanas has a reputation beyond repute

He was doing a lot of physical work to charge the batteries for the end of the season, but it's not an excuse for him, since all the guys he faced, Rycka has to beat these days...
Zambanas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #442
country flag Lazyking

We do have to kinda put it in perspective. Rycka with his good run and staying healthy the rest of the year, he can earn enough points where he won't need to qualify for the Aussie open. This next few months are huge for his career.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #443
country flag misty1
Banned!

true but this just feels like such a lost oppertunity. He had a great draw to qualify and there are some spots in the mian draw where a 3rd round would have been possible and now its all lost
Old 08-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #444
country flag Lazyking

true I really do see it as lost opportunity but hopefully it's a learning experience for him. If nothing else, it will show him that you can't just show up and expect to win. gotta earn it even in qualifying.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #445
country flag Domis

Domis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond repute

Pétange CH draw is out, first Kenny de Schepper.

Full draw:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/6592/mds.pdf

GL Rycka!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #446
country flag Domis

Domis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond repute

Berankis def. De Schepper 6:4, 6:2 Next Hernych
Old 09-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #447
country flag misty1
Banned!

good win rycka, keep going
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #448
country flag Lazyking

He's making a solid choice playing challengers after St. Petersburg. Take the Kilzan route, earn enough points, get top 60 and be set for the Aussie open and a big 2013.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #449
country flag Lazyking

Rycka Broke Hernych at 6-5 to win first set 7-5

Needs to get to semis here to defend his points.. this is a big month for defending points, course in St. Petersburg, he only needs one win to defend points.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #450
country flag Domis

Rycka breaks in second *4:2