Robby in 2012 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #46
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby in 2012

Yeah I saw the R. Williams and Robby's Match was 7-6, 6-7, and 6-0. Well the 6-0 looked good anyway I don't know if the other guy was hurt or tired or what happen to him in that last Set Because Robby isn't the type to serve up too many tasty bagels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #47
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Robby at Dallas Challenger

I didn't know that he was sponsored by Underamour.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #48
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby at Dallas Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post

I didn't know that he was sponsored by Underamour.
Yeah, he's been sponsored by UnderArmor since July 2005. The company has really grown since then!

I need to upload the video he did before the 2005 US Open where he talks about signing with them after his Nike contract ended in mid-2005.
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #49
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I have a live stream of the Dallas CH, but Robby's Match isn't on yet and it isn't a very good live stream. It will freeze for a few moments even now and then. When it isn't freezing the picture is really good! I remember when I had that stupid MSNTV2 I wanted to have a computer for things like tennis streaming, but after I got the computer for the longest time I forgot about the streaming
Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #50

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the video of Robby's interview in August 2005 talking about his deal with UnderArmour:

Robby's match today seemed a bit aggrivating for him. Up to the very last three points of the match, Robby had won more points than his opponent, and his opponent served 16 aces and won points mainly on his serve. Not once did his opponent reach a break point. Robby had 9 break points (4 in 1st set, 5 in 2nd set), and he failed to convert on any of them, mainly because his opponent served his way out of trouble, and Robby just couldn't return the 130+ mph bombs. It was unforced errors from Robby in the tie-breaks that made it go his opponents' way. Robby's serve was just not helping him out at the right times in the tie-break, and just a few points made the difference between a straight sets loss and a straight sets win...
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #51
country flag dusb2p

dusb2p is on a distinguished road

Wish he can get a WC in forthcoming Indian Wells
dusb2p is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #52
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Well the streaming site got to working very well, but it was time for the evening meal here so I didn't even get to watch quite all the 1st Set and when Robby dropped the TB in the 1st Set I knew it was all over so at that point I just stopped watching. Two Sets each ending in a TB that both went to the other guy (C. Ball) and Robby is out of this CH
Also a commentator made the comment that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. I only knew of one was there actually two And where does Robby go from here?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Also a commentator made the comment that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. I only knew of one was there actually two And where does Robby go from here?
I think it's very possible that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. It's not too uncommon if the first surgery doesn't completely help 100% to have another. That may have been what happened and why it took him longer than previously expected for him to come back last year. Not totally sure, but just speculating.

Robby received a wild card for next week's San Jose tournament. This will be Robby's first main tour tournament since the US Open last year for him to play a main draw match. Good luck to him, but he could easily draw a top seed in his first round...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #54
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby at Dallas Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by idolwatcher1 View Post
Yeah, he's been sponsored by UnderArmor since July 2005. The company has really grown since then!

I need to upload the video he did before the 2005 US Open where he talks about signing with them after his Nike contract ended in mid-2005.
I was kinda surprised b/c there are not a lot of tennis players signed with Underamour (mostly football players). Yeah, the company is growing fast. I like their commericals, especially the ones with the Ray Lewis' narration.

Last edited by SapELee : 02-09-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #55
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Here's the video of Robby's interview in August 2005 talking about his deal with UnderArmour:

Robby's match today seemed a bit aggrivating for him. Up to the very last three points of the match, Robby had won more points than his opponent, and his opponent served 16 aces and won points mainly on his serve. Not once did his opponent reach a break point. Robby had 9 break points (4 in 1st set, 5 in 2nd set), and he failed to convert on any of them, mainly because his opponent served his way out of trouble, and Robby just couldn't return the 130+ mph bombs. It was unforced errors from Robby in the tie-breaks that made it go his opponents' way. Robby's serve was just not helping him out at the right times in the tie-break, and just a few points made the difference between a straight sets loss and a straight sets win...
Thanks for the summary, missed his match yesterday. Hopefully, he gets back in the top 100 soon.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #56
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
I think it's very possible that Robby had two surgeries on his elbow. It's not too uncommon if the first surgery doesn't completely help 100% to have another. That may have been what happened and why it took him longer than previously expected for him to come back last year. Not totally sure, but just speculating.

Robby received a wild card for next week's San Jose tournament. This will be Robby's first main tour tournament since the US Open last year for him to play a main draw match. Good luck to him, but he could easily draw a top seed in his first round...
What is it about two surgeries and tennis players? I remember when Fish broke his wrist and he had to have two surgeries. And poor Jennifer Capriati had to have so many surgeries that she never could play tennis again

Well Good Luck to Robby in San Jose, but a W/C usually means he will be facing a top player right away So I doubt that Robby will even get a chance to get going in that Tournament
Old 02-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #57

Yeah, the chances are good that he could face a top seed right away, but Robby did make the semifinals of San Jose in 2008 as a wild card , so he proved that it's possible to go far. I'm just not convinced of what form he's in right now... It's so important to serve well at the indoor hardcourt tournaments, and I'm not sure Robby's serve is much of an asset right now. Hopefully, he works on that in practice!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #58
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Robby's section at San Jose

(1) Gael Monfils FRA - Bye
Qualifier - Qualifer
(WC) Robby Ginepri USA - Xavier Malisse BEL
Ryan Harrison USA - (8) Olivier Rochus BEL
Old 02-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #59
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Robby's section at San Jose

(1) Gael Monfils FRA - Bye
Qualifier - Qualifer
(WC) Robby Ginepri USA - Xavier Malisse BEL
Ryan Harrison USA - (8) Olivier Rochus BEL
Interesting Robby playing a guy like Xavier because you never know if the XMan is going to show up or if the ZeroMan is going to show up Actually it is really sad because Xavier has/had a lot of natural talent, but he never did anything with it. All he has basically done is change coaches all the time!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #60

Robby in San Jose:

Robby won the coin toss but elected to receive. This match could go either way. I don't want either to lose, but I really want Robby to win! Whatever happens, happens...