Robby in 2012 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
What is the deal with Robby anyway? The sports psychologist is working so he quits going. He has done nothing much since, but he doesn't go back I don't think we need to worry about Robby winning two matches in a row I thought he was in the Qs? I have has internet connection problems, emails problems, and was silly enough to try to be a cheerleader in the Mr. MTF Contest. The guy I was cheering for didn't win a Match in that either, but he was only 16 plus only known in that game they play on here called T.T. I barely feel like tennis has ever started maybe I need a psychologist? BTW it is so nice to see a post from you Oh I thought I saw where Robby had finally gotten engaged, but then I could never find anything else about it after that. I don't know if it was a rumor or I misread something or what happened
BTW thanks for answering the question about Robby being engaged in the thread about the players' pictures with their wives or g/fs. That was a truly lovely picture of them! I think you missed me asking about this as you were busy posting about Robby's tennis, but I finally found your post elsewhere

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

^ yeah, I forgot that was even asked, but, I honestly don't know how long they've been engaged or when the date to get married is... there's even a chance they tied the knot already and just haven't been public about it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Well Robby should be hitting the CH tournaments then, but will he do it?
It appears as though Robby will start his first challenger of the year in a couple days in Hawaii, and then 2 weeks later he'll be in the Dallas challenger... these are good opportunities for him to get his ranking back up. I won't say anymore than that right now...

This is a video of Robby last December prior to the wildcard final... his elbow is being iced, but he answers questions from reporters:

idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 AM   #18
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Robby indeed went to the Honolulu CH and actually won his 1st Rd Match against an S. Johnson 6-2 and 6-4

Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #19
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Next Robby plays his friend Bobby Reynolds.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Robby had won the 1st Set and it was 3-2 Robby in the 2nd Set, but play was stopped for some reason maybe darkness

Old 01-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
country flag dusb2p

dusb2p is on a distinguished road

The match was halted due to rain
dusb2p is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Robby won 6-2 6-2.

SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #23

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay for Robby closing out the match without a hiccup this morning, and then going out a few hours later and winning his quarterfinal match

Shubert was there to see the first day of the Reynolds match, and wrote this about it:
Quote:
The encounter between these two has produced the best tennis in the tournament so far at this year’s Honolulu Challenger. Ginepri is a beast when it comes to returning, stamina, and grinding. Bobby seems faster out on the court but Ginepri had him on a string the entire first set, winning it 6-2. The match is currently suspended due to rain and will continue the next day. Here’s some insight into the match so far:

Ginepri has a world class backhand. He takes it early, doesn’t miss a single return of serve, and can take it cross court and up the line with ease. His forehand is able to absorb pace and pin Reynolds to a corner or keep him guessing side to side. Tonight, the Ginepri serve was on, hitting second serve aces at times. This coupled with his returns makes for really high level tennis. The rallies would last 20 or 30 balls of just side to side, corner to corner, finally ending with an error because no man was willing to give up court.

Reynolds has top 100 level movement. Unfortunately all of this was on display in the first set and not much of else. His recovery steps and his ability to push through his shots despite being on the run make him able to hang with Ginepri, but the balls are never really there for the taking. Reynolds looks stretched all the time whereas Ginepri is just “there”, striking and hitting where he wants to instead of reacting to Reynolds’ shots.

Reynolds is able to pop his serve in there for aces, but more often than not he’s forced to play long points and low percentage shots due to the Ginepri return.

It was really exciting stuff tonight, the crowd at the Kailua Racquet Club was large and enjoyed every point these two USA veterans played.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #24
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Well I found out Robby's QF was defeating A. Delic 6-4 and 6-4. Too bad what Shubert said about Robby in the CH doesn't seem to apply to Robby now at the ATP level May be there could still be hope for him, if he could ever get his head together, but age wise he is running out of time to turn things around

Old 01-29-2012, 01:37 AM   #25

Robby did well to make a comeback in his semifinals match to win it! His opponent was serving for the match, and Robby was able to break and eventually win the 2nd set, and then convincingly win the deciding set. I didn't see any of the match, so I can't say if his opponent just melting away or if Robby was just giving it all he had, but either way, I'm happy Robby is in the finals!

Hopefully he feels good tomorrow and can give it all he has to win and keeping his unforced errors down!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #26
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Yes it took him 3 Sets to win against Sugita. It is nice for Robby to get to a Final I hope now he can win a Final

Old 01-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #27
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in the final.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Soeda, Ginepri into Honolulu Challenger Finals
Quote:
Prior to the Honolulu Challenger, Soeda competed in the qualifying rounds of the Australian Open and was a semifinalist at the Aircel Chennai Open, an ATP World Tour event where he beat No. 22 Stanislas Wawrinka in the quarterfinals.
En route to tomorrow’s finals, Robby Ginepri beat his third seed of the tournament, No. 7 Yuichi Sugita of Japan, 2-6, 7-5, 6-2.

“Yuichi was playing well in the beginning and outplayed me in the first set and a half. He had a chance to serve out the match so he was right there,” said Ginepri about being down a set and 4-5 against Sugita, No. 209 and is also on the Japan Davis Cup team. “He has a bright career and this guy is going to be a great player so look out for him.”

Ginepri has won three career ATP singles titles. In addition, he has reached the fourth round or better at all four Grand Slam events, peaked at No. 15 in the world rankings in 2006 and competed for the U.S. Davis Cup team in 2004 and 2009.

“A match is really never over until you shake a guy’s hand,” said Ginepri who holds a current rank of No. 313. “I kept that in the back of my mind and fought hard. I wasn’t playing great tennis but I found a way to win today.”

Ginepri returned to the USTA Pro Circuit in 2011, working to regain form after an arm injury kept him out of action from October 2010 through the middle of last year. In his first tournament back, Ginepri reached the quarterfinals at the $50,000 Challenger in Winnetka, Illinois and he later advanced to the final of the $100,000 Challenger in Vancouver.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #29
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Robby lost in the Final to Soeda 6-3 and 7-6

Old 01-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #30
country flag dusb2p

dusb2p is on a distinguished road

expect he could force & win the tie-breaker.
Good to be into final, anyway
dusb2p is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote