USTA: Bogomolov Must Repay Us, Exploring Options - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USTA: Bogomolov Must Repay Us, Exploring Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Did they repay Czechoslovakia bringing up Lendl or Navratilova? Did they repay Yugoslavia for bringing up Seles?

No? Then stfu USTA mugs, go bellyache elsewhere, not on my computer screen please.

And yes, Bogomolov has played under USA flag for several years, represented them long enough paying debts by that. I didn't see whining when Cecil Mamiit switched to Philippines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
This x1000
I wonder what the difference in payment given to Bogomolov and Mamiit. Would be interesting to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

the USTA has more millions than the FFT and Spanish federations combined probably and they are going after some journeyman for some peanut?
no fucking wonder they aren't winning shit.They never cared for this guy but the "help" he got and never asked him to play DC and now that he is playing well and deservedly so wants to play for a country that needs his help considering Kolya is worthless;Andreev is worthless and there is nofuckingbody else around?
I hope Karma follows Roddick;Isner;Querrey;Fish and that Harrison boy and that they have a horrible year in the slams and MS no matter the surface and I hope Alex whoops their asses
Conservative Media Cooks Up Outlandish Claim That Obama Admin. Is Racially Profiling Gun Owners.Fox Asks "What Exactly Does Stand Down Mean?"Fox News Continues To Revive Stand Down Order Myth To Promote New Benghazi Special. [/b][/size]Right-Wing Media Cherry-Pick Labor Dept.Emails To Create "Bombshell" White House "Cover-Up" http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...d-on-ev/200756 http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...to-keep/200669 http://mediamatters.org/research/201...-emails/200757http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...laim-th/200808
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #18
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Of course he does, the provided him training facilities and coaches for years. He cannoy just leave when he becomes an okay player when he has always had monetary support from the USA.
if that's so then how comes the USTA refuses to pay any money to the Argentinian Tennis Federation over Andrea Collarini who decided to become a yank when he was 18? The argies invested thousands of dollars on that kid and when he decided to head north they were left with nothing but a thank you note from both collarini and the USTA.

double standards... double standards everywhere....
Old 12-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I wonder what the difference in payment given to Bogomolov and Mamiit. Would be interesting to see.
Bogomolov's rise has begun when he found cooperation with an Israeli coach, formerly on tour with Dudi Sela; Mamiit rise has never started.

Surely would be interesting to see it all.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #20
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gomez said his federation made a "huge economic effort'' with Collarini. He then sent me a copy of another letter the Argentine federation wrote to the USTA asking for compensation. Gomez said the federation knew it wouldn't get any money, that this was sent only in protest.

"This is why we are calling upon your good judgment for the USTA to consider, on the basis of these facts, a goodwill economic compensation that allows us, within our budget limitations, to continue the development of young players in a country with a situation that is on the opposite side regarding the facilities on which relies your federation.''

McEnroe said the USTA had no intention of sending money to Argentina.
so now the yanks should better make quiet with regards to bogo
Old 12-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Have they sent money to Bahamas while taking USO junior champion Ryan Sweeting?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #22
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Have they sent money to Bahamas while taking USO junior champion Ryan Sweeting?
sweeting was a bad investment. if anything, the usta should return him back to bahamas and demand the invested money back
Old 12-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #23
country flag PiggyGotRoasted

PiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond repute

Typical double standards from the yanks
PiggyGotRoasted is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #24
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

They care because it's Russia.

Bunch of old suits stuck in a cold war mentality.

I don't remember any fuss when Delic started playing for Bosnia.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
They care because it's Russia.

Bunch of old suits stuck in a cold war mentality.

I don't remember any fuss when Delic started playing for Bosnia.
nah, I think it's more the issue of his high ranking. Majority of players switch nationality when they're really regressing from career high, it seems. Bogo is an unusual case in that sense.
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #26
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a crap about the USTA. The USTA has enough good players already as it is and they got the gall to harp on Alex, those bastards! What? Fish, Roddick, Young, Isner and all those clowns are not enough for them, huh? Alex wasn't gonna get a chance to play for the American Davis Cup team anyways. Besides even if Alex had to pay it back, he can get the Russian Federation to pay it all back for him since they're taking him. I wonder if Alex is good clubbing mates with Kolya and the gang? or if he drinks vodka like every real russian should.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #27
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
Who gives a crap about the USTA. The USTA has enough good players already as it is and they got the gall to harp on Alex, those bastards! What? Fish, Roddick, Young, Isner and all those clowns are not enough for them, huh? Alex wasn't gonna get a chance to play for the American Davis Cup team anyways. Besides even if Alex had to pay it back, he can get the Russian Federation to pay it all back for him since they're taking him. I wonder if Alex is good clubbing mates with Kolya and the gang? or if he drinks vodka like every real russian should.
You're overestimating Russian Tennis Federation
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #28
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

He could hide in Russia. It's not like the Americans can catch him there and make him pay, am I right?
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #29
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if that's so then how comes the USTA refuses to pay any money to the Argentinian Tennis Federation over Andrea Collarini who decided to become a yank when he was 18? The argies invested thousands of dollars on that kid and when he decided to head north they were left with nothing but a thank you note from both collarini and the USTA.

double standards... double standards everywhere....
Quote:
Yes, they should here to be paying something I think. I'm not advocating double standards at all my good sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixer View Post
You're overestimating Russian Tennis Federation
Haha he will get less monetary support in Russia, one would expect.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #30
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

If they want financial compensation then it should be the Russians who pay it, as with transfer fees between teams in football. It would make a lot more sense.

But you can see from the examples in this thread why that is a precedent the USTA does not want to set.

Of course if it's true that Bogey signed some sort of contract then all this is moot. Highly unfair, but moot.