Kim Jong-Il is dead - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #106
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kim Jong-Il is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
it's hilarious how the names of bin laden, gaddafi, castro, jong-il and even chávez (even though that one was democratically elected) are thrown in together whereas mubarak, who was overtrown by his own people this year after a cruel 17 years old dictatorship, isn't even mentioned. why? well, the former were also contanstly criticized by the 'free media' and the latter was the west's darling.

as usual, the double standards and the brainwashing are clear in the minds of most here in MTF...
We have also been brainwashed into believing that ''brainwashing'' means a choice can be made.
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #107
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it's hilarious how the names of bin laden, gaddafi, castro, jong-il and even chávez (even though that one was democratically elected) are thrown in together whereas mubarak, who was overtrown by his own people this year after a cruel 17 years old dictatorship, isn't even mentioned. why? well, the former were also contanstly criticized by the 'free media' and the latter was the west's darling.

as usual, the double standards and the brainwashing are clear in the minds of most here in MTF...
I think most people were glad to see the arab spring, but it seems clear that it still has a long way to go.

Sharia law looks like the probable outcome.
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #108
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
mubarak, who was overtrown by his own people this year after a cruel 17 years old dictatorship, isn't even mentioned. why? well, the former were also contanstly criticized by the 'free media' and the latter was the west's darling.
At least the camel trains ran on time!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #109
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKSTREMISTA View Post
Well said, man.

With you it is hard to tell why you posted all those great pics. I especially like the one where he introduces a new hygiene product for the privy, thus solving the problem of all the excess corn the country produces.
And the nightly changing of the guards of the boudoir is always a palace attraction.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #110
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKSTREMISTA View Post
Well said, man.

Great images. What a modest man this dear leader.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #111
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

And even myself ! 'It's virtuous to be poor' IS Christian, but not Communist. And correct me if I'm wrong, you seem to imply that poverty and happiness are incompatible. Poverty is not Misery. "The humiliation of the Poor creates Misery" said Bernanos. You can be happy and poor (you even gave your personal experience as example, if I understood correctly).
I would say that you can be virtuous and poor, but I would not say that being poor is a virtue and therefore something to be desired, as you seem to think Christianity maintains: that aspect of Christianity that seems to say ''don't worry, if you are poor, you will reap the rewards by being favoured in the afterlife.''
I suspect that was just a ruse by the church to keep the poor and miserable from complaining.

Oh, and no, you did not understand correctly.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #112
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
'It's virtuous to be poor' IS Christian
i haven't read the Bible in a long time but my interpretation of it is that material poverty by itself isn't a virtue but a a life of material wealth isn't compatible with a life of virtue.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #113
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Both Koreas have plenty of issues to tackle.

I remember during the Park Chung Hee government (South Korea), this regime prostituted South Korean women to bring money to the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/wo...pagewanted=all

South Korea also has one of the largest poverty rates for old people over the age of 65. About 50% of elderly over the age of 65 are in relative poverty.

Neither Korea is perfect. And just because South Korea has a "democratic" label on it doesn't mean things are going great for them.

Hopefully both countries take the right steps when it comes to approaching reforms and maybe one day they will be unified. But until then, both have to fix their own problems gradually before they can point fingers at each other.

And imperialist intervention/harassment will not improve situations anytime soon. The U.S. should also close down their army posts in South Korea, as this is an obvious violation of South Korea's sovereignty and only provokes hostility in the region among South and North Koreans.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #114
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post

I remember during the Park Chung Hee government (South Korea), this regime prostituted South Korean women to bring money to the country.

South Korea also has one of the largest poverty rates for old people over the age of 65. About 50% of elderly over the age of 65 are in relative poverty.

Neither Korea is perfect. And just because South Korea has a "democratic" label on it doesn't mean things are going great for them.

Hopefully both countries take the right steps when it comes to approaching reforms and maybe one day they will be unified. But until then, both have to fix their own problems gradually before they can point fingers at each other.

And imperialist intervention/harassment will not improve situations anytime soon. The U.S. should also close down their army posts in South Korea, as this is an obvious violation of South Korea's sovereignty and only provokes hostility in the region among South and North Koreans.
couldn't have said it better myself.

you're one of the finest political posters of this website
Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #115
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
I think most people were glad to see the arab spring, but it seems clear that it still has a long way to go.

Sharia law looks like the probable outcome.
as opposed to the positive outcomes derived from the western interventions?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #116
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Exactly. The fact that South Korea has its flaws and problems means there isn't really a major difference between both Koreas.

I mean, it's simple logic.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #117
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Couldn't have said it any worse than abraxas but still mostly illogical.

Comparing the South (one of the richest most advanced economies) to the North (one of the poorest and most oppressed) is like discussing who's the better grass court player between Federer and Oscar Hernandez. The South doesn't have satellite TV and high-speed internet in every home nor does Roger have the serve of Karlovic and volleys of Sampras.

You can refer to US involvement as "imperialist harassment" all you want but free trade and military aid is the kind of harassment South Korean victims will be happy to cope with.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #118
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:

abraxas thinks you are a fine poster, but that is not surprising considering you don't know what you are talking about. Or perhaps you might well know what you are talking - which is Castroese. Calling the US presence in South Korea a violation of South Korea's sovereignty is just twaddle. But most of your posts consist of twaddle.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #119
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Couldn't have said it any worse than abraxas but still mostly illogical.
coming from you, i'll take it as a compliment

Quote:
Comparing the South (one of the richest most advanced economies) to the North (one of the poorest and most oppressed) is like discussing who's the better grass court player between Roger Federer and Oscar Hernandez.
apt comparison except that... well, no-one is camparing north korea with south korea. i don't know how your 'logic' works but the simple mention of south korea's faults doesn't mean their population are worse off than in the south.

Quote:
You can refer to US involvement as "imperialist harassment" all you want but free trade and military aid is the kind of harassment South Korean victims will be happy to cope with.
it takes a high degree of delusion to talk about 'free trade' with a straight face as if it really existed.

as for military aid, it always comes with strings attached. no country should accept it but then again south korea has whore itself out so much to the yanks that it hardly makes any difference at this point. they can have military aid while they play baseball with chinese imported bats. what a joke.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #120
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
abraxas thinks you are a fine poster, but that is not surprising considering you don't know what you are talking about. Or perhaps you might well know what you are talking - which is Castroese.

your obsession with castro is cute