Kim Jong-Il is dead - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #151
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kim Jong-Il is dead

zimbabwe, easily. compared to north korea life in zimbabwe seems fun. plus there's a way out.
Stensland is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #152
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

It's not as easy as you think. Many get killed crossing a river of crocodiles trying to escape to South Africa.

But I meant which would you rather live in if you couldn't flee? Very hypothetical but just curious.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #153
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #154
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
So because there have been massive mistakes made in the past by 'westerns', we should condone a terrible dictatorship?
you're starting to sound like BH with all these baseless accusations. at no point have i defended kim's dictatorship nor i have said westerners should condone it (whatever the hell you mean with that anyhow)

Quote:
BTW, I am NOT a yank. I wouldn't be surprised if "yanks" would consider me a commie, to be honest. So keep those "yank" accusations away from me, thanks.
i'm well aware you're a dutch. hell, you have talked about your country with so much pride in other threads that it would be impossible not to know you're dutch.

anyhow, at not point have i ever even implied you're a yank. i dont know where you're getting these ideas from but you're obviously discussing against an idea of me that doesn't relate in any way to reality. i suggest you read my posts again. thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #155
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I totally addressed your clownish ''reciprocity'' statements but you don't want to go there now.
oh, dear. are you always this literal?

Quote:
You said that N. Korea is a ''completely sovereign state'' compared to ''S. Korea which is under the military control of the US''. Maybe you want to parse words now and separate the people from the nation by saying that N. Korea is a free and independent sovereign state, it's just that the citizens inside the state are slaves. But whether you are referring to the sovereignty of the state or the freedom of the people, no rational person would say N. Korea is in a better position than S. Korea.
there are you're fighting with your own inner ghosts again, BH.

again, at no point have i said NK is in a better position than SK.

people in MTF really need to learn how to read properly...
Old 12-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #156
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
You conveniently forget that it's the North who invaded the South and triggered the war.
i don't forget it. i just said that the little US intervention in which hundreds of thousands of innocent north koreans got killed just because the yanks and the soviets were in a pissing contest might have had something to do with the fact that the northern koreans are in a terrible and long dictatorship now.

but of course, to the ones blind to reality those must be 2 totally separated incidents that are in no way related to each other
Old 12-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #157
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i don't forget it. i just said that the little US intervention in which hundreds of thousands of innocent north koreans got killed just because the yanks and the soviets were in a pissing contest might have had something to do with the fact that the northern koreans are in a terrible and long dictatorship now.

but of course, to the ones blind to reality those must be 2 totally separated incidents that are in no way related to each other
Newsflash, a lot of innocent South Koreans died as well, and they are not in a terrible and long dictatorship now (though they were in some kind of during 60s/70s/80s).
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #158
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Newsflash, a lot of innocent South Koreans died as well, and they are not in a terrible and long dictatorship now (though they were in some kind of during 60s/70s/80s).
newsflash to you: does that change in any way the point i made?

if not then better stay quiet, son.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #159
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you're starting to sound like BH with all these baseless accusations. at no point have i defended kim's dictatorship nor i have said westerners should condone it (whatever the hell you mean with that anyhow)
Accusations?

Quote:
i'm well aware you're a dutch. hell, you have talked about your country with so much pride in other threads that it would be impossible not to know you're dutch.
"Pride" about my country? Don't make me laugh.
I don't do nationalism, mate. Far from it, I've despised the route my country is taking in politics for quite some many years already. The Netherlands, in contrary to popular belief, is well on its way to become the most harsh right-wing country in the entirety of Europe right now, and NO I do not like it at all.

You must have mixed me up with another Dutchie poster.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #160
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Accusations?

"Pride" about my country? Don't make me laugh.
I don't do nationalism, mate. Far from it, I've despised the route my country is taking in politics for quite some many years already. The Netherlands, in contrary to popular belief, is well on its way to become the most harsh right-wing country in the entirety of Europe right now, and NO I do not like it at all.

You must have mixed me up with another Dutchie poster.
way to change topics, eh...

with regards to national pride, yes, i think you indeed have a lot of it. not that there's anything wrong with that. in point of fact, i personally think nationalism -understood as having a special love for your own culture, places and people- is great and going by your posts i'd say your personal brand of nationalism falls under my criteria. i actually meant no offense or sarcasm at all with that comment.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #161
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
You get more demented each day. I am surprised you didn't just go all the way and suggest that the North Koreans are lucky not to have to decide what to have for dinner each day.

Oh, that reminds me of what a Cuban employee said when I took him to a supermarket in Toronto and he saw the ice cream freezer. "Why do they have all those choices? Ice cream is just ice cream.''
Maybe this Cuban is not a spoiled arsehole such as yourself. Ever thought about that

I remember watching a documentary about Cuba, and some young girl told the American camera man, that she could careless about $70 high quality Nike shoes, as long as Cuba meets her basic needs, in which she felt the Cuban govt. did meet those needs. There was also countless highly talented Cuban baseball players who refused to leave Cuba out of national pride even though they could have signed million dollar contracts with the MLB. The thing is buddyholly, not everyone around the world, is obsessed with the best shoes, the best cars, the best food, the best phones, the best income, the best weather, the best everything! If these people support their leaders/govt., that's their problem, not yours.

But when you try to impose your ethnocentric racist view of what is "right" and what is "wrong", that's just stupid. Because every country around the world is ran differently, and if the people want to change it, believe me, they will change it (that is what revolutions, reforms, etc are for). But if they want to keep things the way they are, they will keep it. This is common sense.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #162
country flag wee

wee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Bin Laden and Gadaffi as well this year. That's the hat trick.
check your computer keyboard, in the year of 2011, we've lost L(Laden), K(Kaddhafi), J(Jong Il), who's next?
Old 12-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #163
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee View Post
check your computer keyboard, in the year of 2011, we've lost L(Laden), K(Kaddhafi), J(Jong Il), who's next?
Hugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #164
country flag abraxas21

a friend of mine recently was arguing that the unification of the 2 koreas was against the interests of the western hegemony. his argument was that South Korean wealth and new technology combined with North Korean nuclear bomb would turn a unified korea into a world superpower overnight. korean society seems to have both the labour national-orientation of the Japanese and the family-orientation of china.

i think he has a point and that would explain why the westerners seem so keen to keep the current status quo.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #165
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a friend of mine recently was arguing that the unification of the 2 koreas was against the interests of the western hegemony. his argument was that South Korean wealth and new technology combined with North Korean nuclear bomb would turn a unified korea into a world superpower overnight. korean society seems to have both the labour national-orientation of the Japanese and the family-orientation of china.

i think he has a point and that would explain why the westerners seem so keen to keep the current status quo.
Actually, I've heard a couple of times before, and even read yesterday in some article (CNN maybe? can't find it now) that South is horrified about possible costs of the unification. From the example of West and East Germany, where huge money was spent and the result not exactly what they expected. In case of North Korea it would've been even worse, since they need more help.

Of course, once it clicks it would make one bad-ass country, but it would need a lot of time and a lot of cash, who knows
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote