Kim Jong-Il is dead - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #136
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kim Jong-Il is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
+1.
I'm afraid abraxas has no clue about what a dictatorship can do to ruin a complete country and its inhabitants. An estimated three million people may have perished from famine due to this freak & his mob's 'reign' - and I'm not even starting about the hundred's of thousands of people suffering in working camps over there, folks perhaps being convicted because of laughing about the Great Leader's hairdo, as rumour has it.

Not to mention the horrendous brainwashing. Did you watch the video that was posted earlier in this thread of N Koreans weeping in supposed devastation at Kim's death? Creeped the hell out of me. I don't think there's another group of people in the world that I feel more sorry for than the N Koreans. Even Burma's started to start to open up, sort of.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #137
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Not to mention the horrendous brainwashing. Did you watch the video that was posted earlier in this thread of N Koreans weeping in supposed devastation at Kim's death? Creeped the hell out of me. I don't think there's another group of people in the world that I feel more sorry for than the N Koreans. Even Burma's started to start to open up, sort of.
abraxas will go to any length to justify his dislike of the West. Even to the ridiculous point of asserting that the N. Koreans are the free society whereas the South Koreans are just the ''occupied'' dupes of the US. This thread has confirmed my conclusion reached after years of study of Cuban Castrospeak. That is: someone who knows he is truly a clown has only one recourse - to call everyone else a clown.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #138
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
abraxas will go to any length to justify his dislike of the West. Even to the ridiculous point of asserting that the N. Koreans are the free society whereas the South Koreans are just the ''occupied'' dupes of the US. This thread has confirmed my conclusion reached after years of study of Cuban Castrospeak. That is: someone who knows he is truly a clown has only one recourse - to call everyone else a clown.
where have i even remotely implied that? you make things up and then have the guts to say i'm the clown. hilarious...

fact of the matter is that if NK had been a US ally we would have seen notes of condolescences from the western leaders and the acts of terror he did would have been ignored or forgotten.

funny thing is that north koreans were taught that so called capitalist countries were miserable and awful for their inhabitants. the reciprocity in this situation is uncanny.

Last edited by abraxas21 : 12-22-2011 at 03:34 PM.
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #139
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I disagree with the rest of your post. What Kim did to his people was inexcusable. I don't like to state things in black and white terms but there's not a single cell in my body that's inclined to making excuses for him.
why is that?

im not an apologist for kim's dictatorship but i do try to understand the history behind it, as uncomfortable as that might be for most westerners. in that sense, who knows, maybe if the USA hadn't bombed Korea to the stone age, right now we wouldnt be scratching our heads thinking such an opressive man like kim could have ruled a country for so long.

but of course, no-one wants to take any degree of responsibility. esp. not the yanks
Old 12-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #140
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
+1.
I'm afraid abraxas has no clue about what a dictatorship can do to ruin a complete country and its inhabitants.
right... unlike you, having born at the time of a dictatorship in my own country must make me totally clueless.

not that i would compare kim to pinochet (the latter, even though he was awful man, wasn't as bad as the former) but westerners from rich countries like you should be the least of the bunch to start lecturing others on life in the third world under a dictatorship.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #141
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
where have i even remotely implied that? you make things up and then have the guts to say i'm the clown. hilarious...

fact of the matter is that if NK had been a US ally we would have seen notes of condolescences from the western leaders and the acts of terror he did would have been ignored or forgotten.

funny thing is that north koreans were taught that so called capitalist countries were miserable and awful for their inhabitants. the reciprocity in this situation is uncanny.
You called N Korea a ''completely sovereign'' state. That is: a state that is not dependent on any other state. N. Korea is totally dependent on China and other countries, yes even the US, to keep its population alive through donations of food. Its citizens are dependent on foreign powers for life itself.

North Koreans are not allowed out to see for themselves what capitalist countries are like. On the other hand, westerners are not allowed into N. Korea to see what it is like. But even the official video shows it is hell.
For you to see ''reciprocity'' in that situation once again confirms your clown credentials.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #142
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
You called N Korea a ''completely sovereign'' state. That is: a state that is not dependent on any other state. N. Korea is totally dependent on China and other countries, yes even the US, to keep its population alive through donations of food. It's citizens are dependent on foreign powers for life itself.

North Koreans are not allowed out to see for themselves what capitalist countries are like. On the other hand, westerners are not allowed into N. Korea to see what it is like. But even the official video shows it is hell.
For you to see ''reciprocity'' in that situation once again confirms your clown credentials.
so much useless blah blah that doesn't address to any of my points.

but i'll ask again, when have i ever even implied that N Koreans are a free society?

if i'm such a big clown, as you like to repeat time and time again, i'd guess you'd have grounds to make the things you say...
Old 12-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #143
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
so much useless blah blah that doesn't address to any of my points.

but i'll ask again, when have i ever even implied that N Koreans are a free society?

if i'm such a big clown, as you like to repeat time and time again, i'd guess you'd have grounds to make the things you say...
I totally addressed your clownish ''reciprocity'' statements but you don't want to go there now.

You said that N. Korea is a ''completely sovereign state'' compared to ''S. Korea which is under the military control of the US''. Maybe you want to parse words now and separate the people from the nation by saying that N. Korea is a free and independent sovereign state, it's just that the citizens inside the state are slaves. But whether you are referring to the sovereignty of the state or the freedom of the people, no rational person would say N. Korea is in a better position than S. Korea.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #144
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
N Korea is the most terrifying nation on earth. One word or action that doesn't indicate full 100% support and satisfaction to the regime and you, your family, your friends will spend the rest of your lives getting tortured, r@ped, experimented on, murdered and dissected.

At least stability and structure exist so, unlike many unstable African nations, you won't die of AIDS, malaria, polio or starvation as long as you grovel and worship the dear leader. But food, energy and hygiene are very basic and only barely adequate to survive.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #145
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep. Do realize that a lot of those crying stints are commedia del'arte, as those folks would most probably get deported to concentration camps immediately if they do not show enough "grief".

Quote:
why is that?

im not an apologist for kim's dictatorship but i do try to understand the history behind it, as uncomfortable as that might be for most westerners. in that sense, who knows, maybe if the USA hadn't bombed Korea to the stone age, right now we wouldnt be scratching our heads thinking such an opressive man like kim could have ruled a country for so long.

but of course, no-one wants to take any degree of responsibility. esp. not the yanks
So because there have been massive mistakes made in the past by 'westerns', we should condone a terrible dictatorship?
BTW, I am NOT a yank. I wouldn't be surprised if "yanks" would consider me a commie, to be honest. So keep those "yank" accusations away from me, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
N Korea is the most terrifying nation on earth. One word or action that doesn't indicate full 100% support and satisfaction to the regime and you, your family, your friends will spend the rest of your lives getting tortured, r@ped, experimented on, murdered and dissected.

At least stability and structure exist so, unlike many unstable African nations, you won't die of AIDS, malaria, polio or starvation as long as you grovel and worship the dear leader. But food, energy and hygiene are very basic and only barely adequate to survive.
Well, you can wonder what is "better", die of starvation, get beaten to death in a concentration camp, or of AIDS...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #146
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why is that?

You conveniently forget that it's the North who invaded the South and triggered the war.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #147
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
You conveniently forget that it's the North who invaded the South and triggered the war.
Ah, now that is just a minor detail, isn't it?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #148
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:

Recently you have taken to using terms like ''huge clown'' ad nauseum, without a word of explanation. It is not a phrase I would normally trivialize my posts with, but I just thought for once I would see how you would take it being thrown back at you. Not very well, it seems.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #149
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
He didn't forget. He just revised history.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #150
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, you can wonder what is "better", die of starvation, get beaten to death in a concentration camp, or of AIDS...
Wonderful world isn't it.

Interesting question: Would you rather live in Zimbabwe or North Korea?

Honestly I don't know.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote