Should Tennis Australia change the name of the Margaret Court show court @ the AO - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Tennis Australia change the name of the Margaret Court show court @ the Austra

Yes – bigotry is simply unacceptable 37 41.57%
No – Court has the freedom of expression 52 58.43%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #61
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should Tennis Australia change the name of the Margaret Court show court @ the AO

Why are Topspindoctor and his 6 other accounts of Failerko, tard da fail and clay fail still here? Clay fail and tard da fail are banned, so continue on with his other accounts.
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #62
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should Tennis Australia change the name of the Margaret Court show court @ the AO

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
true but at the time their images were not tainted by controversial opinions that defied the common establishment.

to use a rather common but inexact analogy, i can assure you that uncle laver wouldnt have a court named after him if he had been pro-nazi, regardless of how many Grand Slams he would have won.
I'm not sure about "controversial opinion" because she'll probably get an equal number of supporters as she does detractors – that's why it hasn't been passed as law yet. It may be a "controversial" in NYC but not so much in Texas; maybe yes in America but not so much in Asia. I'm certain if Rod Laver came out and opposed Margaret Court's opinions, you'd have a lot conservatives yelling for his name to be removed from his stadium.

I believe you have to look at Court and her age, upbringing… etc. It's not uncommon to have this opinion for someone in her age bracket.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #63
country flag safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

mtf homophobes out in force....NID.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #64
country flag safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
If they are so weak they they commit sucides because of comments someone made, they probably don't deserve to be here anyway. This planet has over 7 billion people already. I doubt they'll be missed.
One of the most disgusting posts I have read on any forum. I'm sorry I mistook you for a decent poster.

BURN.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #65
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Well perhaps it should indeed be renamed... I'd suggest "Martina Navratilova Court".
A much better player than M.C. was anyways. Oh, wait...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #66
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't care less. I mean it's just the name of a fucking court.

Would be interesting if they puts guys like Lopez, Verdasco etc. to play on it though.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #67
country flag Guy Haines

Guy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond repute

Navaratilova Arena has a good ring to it, not that it'll ever happen.

It would have extra meaning because Martina was singled out by Court when Court first began making phobic comments to the press years ago. Regardless of what one thinks of her personality, Martina is a hero for being out at a time when it was much harder to be, especially when her chief opponents -- Evert Lloyd and Austin -- were seen as representatives of all-American wholesomeness. It's wild to see some of her major finals, at the USO in particular. The stadium is packed beyond anything we see these days yet she really seems alone out there.

Goolagong Arena would be great too, like Verd says.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a pro-LGBT presence at Margaret Court Arena this year -- off and on court -- and if there is, to what degree the media acknowledges it.

Last edited by Guy Haines : 12-20-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Guy Haines is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #68
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine them would name it after Martina, she's not Australian If they want to name it for an Aussie woman, they have Evonne Goolagong--Goolagong Arena sounds much cooler than Margaret Court Arena anyway.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:14 AM   #69
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Haines View Post
Navaratilova Arena has a good ring to it, not that it'll ever happen.
Uhm no. She's a foreigner, so how does she deserve an AUSTRALIAN tennis court named after her? What has she done for this country? I'd rather it be called Jullia Gillard arena than Navratilova arena.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:16 AM   #70
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Atomic Tomic Cauldron

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #71
country flag Guy Haines

Guy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uhm no. She's a foreigner, so how does she deserve an AUSTRALIAN tennis court named after her? What has she done for this country? I'd rather it be called Jullia Gillard arena than Navratilova arena.
Uh, I realize this. I said, 'Not that it'll ever happen.' I know you're angry in this thread, but do I have to spell it out?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #72
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Haines View Post
Uh, I realize this. I said, 'Not that it'll ever happen.' I know you're angry in this thread, but do I have to spell it out?

May it happen again, again, again, again, and oh, again. Preferably at the Goolagong Court coming January.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 12-20-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #73
country flag Guy Haines

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Atomic Tomic Cauldron
Still one of the best.

It's unlikely the name will be changed unless she keeps on with the commentary. But I'm hoping there will be some responses to what she's said at this year's tournament.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #74
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Did you lose your pacifier? Mommy will buy you a new one, don't you worry.
okay failerko/clay fail/tard da fail
Old 12-20-2011, 12:50 AM   #75
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
okay failerko/clay fail/tard da fail
Is that all? Double account accusation? I'd expect something more from the local tennis "expert", but I guess your comebacks are as limited as your tennis knowledge
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote