last year down under, 2012 :sad: - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: last year down under, 2012 :sad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Maybe he prefers other ways to keep in touch with his family/friends which aren't suitable to keep in touch with all his fans.
phone? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Someone wants a bit of news He lost to Burquier 62/46/57 and that's not the worst

He was 4-1 up in the third set with BP to lead 5-1. When he served for the match at 5-3 he was 40-00 up even had a fourth MP on Ad to finally be broken on first BP . I can't hardly remember him losing after 4 MP on serve . The stats are very good the result a nightmare for him. I don't know what's happened on those points Maybe more news in newspaper as i was not awake.

I'm sure the post match was very tough that's cruel to lose a match like that. The last season can't be a nightmare losing in those ways vs a nobodody in first round of a challenger . Next must be Melbourne qualies and i'm already worried . Poor boy doesn't deserve this kind of losses

I think the doubles list for Melbourne must be out this week not sure but I hope he found someone to play with him and make the cut cos coming down under to play 2 matches
let's hope it's not to do with any injury.

i've been checking the melbourne forum every day hoping to see the doubles entry. if arno's not playing, i may leave melbourne very quickly too the fact that he doesn't play doubles in noumea does not give me a lot of hope.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
phone? lol

let's hope it's not to do with any injury.

i've been checking the melbourne forum every day hoping to see the doubles entry. if arno's not playing, i may leave melbourne very quickly too the fact that he doesn't play doubles in noumea does not give me a lot of hope.
I was more thinking of Skype or something more private. And yes, maybe phone, who knows.

I also hope it's not an injury. Let's hope there's news for a reason why he lost with these stats.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I also hope it's not an injury. Let's hope there's news for a reason why he lost with these stats.
Don't know the reason but the match was in his hands 40-00 up I mean he should have never lose that. His serve stats are very good so very strange Start the year by that is near the worst start and the draw was open good way to win points The quarter finalist are all winnable. from official site
Quote:
Arnaud Clément ( tête de série N6) a manqué 4 balles de matchs sur son service, perdant 7/5 dans le 3ème sets face au jeune Grégoire Burquier ( 248 ème), offensif et opportuniste
From the local newspaper we learn that Arno was palying well in first set that in the second set Arno was broken at 4-4 and that the heat was very important and it had impact on the game. And i nust notice that Arno already lost to Burquier in Interclub in November.

Well I think he should be seeds in AO qualies but it will be tough and tricky and that loss not help . For double he has not a good ranking so not easy and does he really want to play it ? Maybe he will give us news on Facebook
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nouvellescaledonniennes.jpg (322.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by soulage : 01-04-2012 at 07:35 PM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #19
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

yes yes yes doubles in melbourne with lukas dlouhy (sp?) too lazy to check again gotta go!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #20
country flag Via

qualies draw is also out, he gets bjorn phau 1st round, as he's seeded the draw does not look too demanding, but hey he can't win a match in challengers so what do i know. i'm ready to come back if he loses first round qualies
Old 01-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #21
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Phau is also a veteran and no H2H Well I would have prefer another guy you know someone you doesn't know he exists before you see his name in the draw Phau can be tricky of course he's not as fast as he was but he has a bit the same kind of game plan than Arno. Anyway Arno has bad loss in the head and misses matches to be ready We can't know what will happen. I looked at the schedule and not before 2 am for us in France so not easy to follow but maybe it's better

Dlouhy was a bit injured in Auckland qualies and got trashed in first round of Brisbane and Auckland in doubles with Melo Well if Arno lost early they will have time to work the doubles together
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #22
country flag Via

since when does the men's 1st round play on wednesday??? serious sh!! i haven't flown yet

ok. rain and hail forecasted for tomorrow, all hope not lost.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
since when does the men's 1st round play on wednesday??? serious sh!! i haven't flown yet

ok. rain and hail forecasted for tomorrow, all hope not lost.
It was not Wednesday last year ? Well rain but maybe good for you.

I found on the twitter of a journalist of L'equipe that Arno would arrived only yesterday in Melbourne. he's with Nolwenn So he must have stayed all week in Nouméa and if he's with Nolwenn he's surely not played only tennis It's maybe not the best preparation but he's not alone and was as we said surely at the beach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg romlef.jpg (16.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by soulage : 01-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Good choice, this year, it was her last chance to go to Australia ! She will know all the grand slams. Lucky Nolwenn !!!

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
country flag soulage

57/26

I was woke up a littler bit earlier today around 6 am. With the rain delay Arno was still on court and when I opened the scoreboard it was 75/*10 for Phau just check some infos on twitter and so Arno was up a break in the first set as he lost four games in a row to lost it according a tweet I think it's official he can't no more close out a set The beggining of second set was an exchange of breaks until 2-2 then Arno collapsed. It appears if i understand well that arno doesnt' hold a service game from 5-3 in first set Poor way to play his last AO I know that Phau was not a good draw due to too similar game as he can't take the power of his opponent. Extract from a report http://www.thenextpoint.com/?p=1575
Quote:
I suppose we could make a similar case for Clement, although admittedly on a more modest scale. In any case, he falls to Bjorn Phau, another veteran, who has made long career out of qualifying. Based on the set I watch, it is a phenomenally dull encounter, with both players looking under-powered and error-pron
It seems according that scenario that he's down mentally no confidence at all; puting pression on himself as usual in GS qualies and with an average physic he can't do a lot of damage on court. The off season and the exhibitions matches was nice but ATP tour is another story and old Arno is out of the business For doubles I don't have too much expectations due to this results and bad form of Dlouhy but tennis can be crazy They have some days to train or maybe Arno will do tourism not sure to come back in australia one day .

Arno doesn't enter Heilbronn so he could be back for Montpellier qualies I'm wondering how many single matches he will play until the end now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 493615772.jpg (27.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #26
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

If I was him, I'd stay the whole month down under, to enjoy the country and the sun ... one last time !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
country flag Via

Thanks for such detailed report, I have nothing to add cos I was boarding plane when the match started, by the time I was collecting my luggage, he had lost. I never feel so stupid doing a trip. I thought my research showed the men started qualies on thurs before I booked

Anyway if his purpose downunder is holiday not play, he now has plenty of time he and nolwenn should take me with them lol

Just sad that his last singles match here was such a....... I dunno
Old 01-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #28
country flag soulage

What a bad luck Via. Many matches has been cancelled with bad weather Arno could have play tomorrow but I think bad luck is going with him and us

I don't think the goal of going down under was holidays but I hope he can take pleasure off court since he only play 2 matches in 2 weeks

Last edited by soulage : 01-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #29
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no I hope he and Dlouhy do well in doubles then.

Ps. Do you all want to vote for my friend Duncan in mr mtf? Link & username in my sig
Old 01-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
country flag Kezzi

I've found this in general messages: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...39&postcount=1
Is this true?!