Friend's betrayal - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #31
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friend's betrayal

I guess this may be a different case, but I'm of afraid of stabbing one of my friends in the back, a guy who was my college roommate for the last 3 years. He's liked this girl for like over 2 years and she has shown no interest in him and last year I even told him not to invest his time in perusing her. I thought it was good advice because it was going nowhere with him and this girl. He was just obsessing over her for way too long, even though there are plenty of fish in the sea.

This year him and I live in different apartments, but the irony is that I've started to get very close to his former crush. I know she also likes me, but one of the few things that's holding me back from starting a relationship with her is the fear of stabbing him in the back. Furthermore, he may think that I purposely tried to talk him out of perusing this girl and then stole her from him.

...But the point is that I still feel that I gave him good advise and my actions toward this girl are not out of spite towards my friend. Me and her are simply more compatible. So in this situation it may look like I'm stabbing him in the back but I'm genuinely not trying to. I don't know your exact situation but oftentimes these cases of betrayal are just misunderstandings. There may be more to the situation than your are seeing.

If you are for some reason upset about the popularity contest just remember that you are going up against another really good poster. I definitely would have voted for you in other match-ups. And on top of that it is just a contest on an internet forum. It may sound harsh, but worry more about maintaining good relationships in real life and staying popular among those group of friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #32
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

If its really eating you up inside so much, v-money, just talk to your friend about getting with that girl. Don't ask, just announce. "I am with so and so."

And see how he reacts. And then react to his reaction.

In the end, all will work out fine. Most likely, he'll be fine with it. May even help him get over her.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #33
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Groove can you copy what v-money wrote ? can't see, he is on ignore list
Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #34
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, mate, remove him from your ignore list. v-money is quality, even if he voted against you.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #35
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

business first, then joy
Old 12-14-2011, 01:46 AM   #36
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

v-money, it sounds like the best thing to do is to have an honest conversation with your friend. Talking about things is always the best way to approach a potentially thorny situation. Good luck.

Samanosuke - . Even though you probably won't see this as I'm on your ignore list.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #37
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Your first mistake is trusting anyone in the first place - true friends don't exist, only people with similar interests, who sometimes help each other.

Betrayal? Only because you thought of someone as your "friend", does not mean the person harbored similar thoughts, it was a deception all alone for some benefit.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #38
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice folks. I was definitely going to talk to my friend about it but I didn't want to stress him out before his standardized exams.

Betrayal is really an interesting subject because it depends what perspective you view it from. Hopefully samanosuke will realize that us voting against him is not betrayal. I really didn't think that he would be the poster to get dramatic over this contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #39
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Have you ever been betrayed from someone who you considered as best buddy ? All the time, he was acting like everything is great but at the same time he was ambushing you behind your back . Have you ever been really disappointed in someone and how did you react on that betrayal ? Did you forgive him/her , if you did, have you ever again had full confidence in him/her like before betrayal ?
Dude, you are getting screwed over all over the place lately. First this, just a few days later that unbelievable popcon series of betrayals, life does suck, eh?
gaitare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #40
country flag samanosuke

yes, specially if one is connected with the other
Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #41
Future ATP Star

Don't worry, sama. You will find a good woman soon and she will repair you.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #42
country flag samanosuke

eh my Johnny, women will always be there, friends won't
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #43
Future ATP Star

Real friends are diamonds, man, I know, believe me.

It ain't easy, the only thing you need is time.

Maybe a time transplant.

Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #44
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
eh my Johnny, women will always be there, friends won't
Too right.

Add to the roll-call of shame:

Commander Data,
& Pirata.

Now I know how Julius Caesar felt. Cassius in this case was Jolan Gago, with his false propaganda (out-of-context quotation in his sig), poisoning Brutus/CD's mind.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #45
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

I think my sig appropriately reflects the context.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote