Gael Monfils - Stockholm - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #31
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gael Monfils - Rogers Cup

Is there any chance he might take a WC into Washington? I think it was a good choice to skip the olympics but Washington could be a great opportunity. Surface is better for him, he gets some match practice before the US hard court season and the field is terrible. Plus he has some points to defend.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gael Monfils - Winston-Salem

Gael withdraws from Toronto and Cincinnati, but Gael gets WC in Winston-Salem. In North Carolina, he plans return on tour.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He plans to come back in Metz now

Strange he announces his comeback so many times to change it few weeks after
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #34
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad, I hope he return in Asia tour.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #35
country flag Monfils

Monfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

Patrice Hagelauer,french national technical director, said Gaël was in good shape and his knee doesn't hurt him anymore. He hopes to be back in Metz (in 2 weeks).
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #36
country flag Ausie

Default Re: Gael Monfils - Metz

http://www.sport24.com/tennis/atp/ac...-tennis-584287

Monfils: "I realized that there was not the tennis"

After four months of absence, the Parisian circuit should return next week. With a desire tenfold. And mental "reboosté."

Unless unforeseen last minute, Gael Monfils should play the Open de Moselle in Metz next week. Nice his first tournament since last May. Arriving finally at the end of the recovery of the bipartite patella in his right knee which he suffers, the 26-year-old told the BBC his impatience. Meeting last Monday in Geneva Country Club.

Le Figaro: Are you ready?

Gael Monfils: I'm only back, I played one hour Saturday and Monday a little more, and I got a hole in your hand. I did not tested yet.

Competition did she miss?

I super want to play, I miss it bad. But I try not to be too eager not to overdo it and put pressure on me. Because I took a big blow to morale not to play the U.S. Open. I was well prepared, so it hurt me.

Almost four months away, you fell to 67 th ​​place in the world, is it hard to manage?

That's life. These are things that happen. I'll try to get back to my level, which is, I think, a little better than my current ranking.

Return you different?

I took a step back from a lot. Compared to my injury, for example, I do not panic. The return will be hard, but I'm getting ready. I am ready to go down more if I can not play well input. I saw other things and it made ​​me a slap. I realized that there was not the tennis. This is what we love, but compared to the pressure that we put ourselves, to take the lead on trivia, this is not real life.

Outside the rehabilitation and physical preparation, what did you do during this long parenthesis?

I doubted a little, I asked questions, I need to see something else. So I did a little tour of the world, two months photo essay, video editing. I spent weeks in music studios. I have traveled throughout Europe by car with friends, sleeping in tents, to take pictures of crazy getting up at impossible hours. This allowed me to be in other trips to discover lots of countries. And it made ​​me feel good mentally. It sometimes takes pity on his plight and I tended to lead me like a robot. I was reboosté.

Parveniez you work physically during these trips?

I've never worked since my injury. When traveling, I did my two hours a day of physical preparation program following Marc Raquil, my friends thought I was crazy. I remember a time when I returned to swimming: we had no hotel, no tent - and there was no shower nearby. It was horrible.

Your collaboration with former athlete Marc Raquil seems to have had a significant impact, how do you see the future?

I met with my coach, Patrick Chamagne, and it was a revelation. I would like to continue to work with him. I find it amazing as a person and as a fitness trainer. His work is outstanding and he has done much good. In addition, it is a challenge for me, because I have not had a lot of people running faster than me. There is one thing that is certain, however, is that I jump higher and farther than him ...

We can find images of your work together in a documentary inside Monf The webcast. How is the project born?

I did not express my package after Roland Garros, I wanted to show my fans that I thought of them. Compared to journalists too, I wanted to explain that my silence might have his reasons, sadness, disappointment ... I wanted to show that it was not because I was hurt that I would enjoy to n ' anything. I wanted to show that I was working, I was alive. There are many serious film, and I wanted to include some more relaxed and intimate scenes. But I let the director choose what he wanted to show. He wanted to emphasize the fact that I worked.

In the film, we also see a nutritionist you provide wise counsel. Have you followed?

I tidy. Now, I would like a little more variation. The nutritionist also told me not to forget the notion of pleasure. But I lost a lot of weight, I'm dry.

Your lifestyle has improved, ...

I've always had a healthy life, it is the people who are in a frenzy. It makes me laugh, but I have an image of someone who stays up late, eat sausage, canned will ...

And ... play poker online ...

So yes, I do poker night (smile).

This is the case, right?

After a while I wanted to say, "I'm a thief in this case!" My career is based on improbable things, whereas before to hurt me, it was a moment that I was in the top 15. I want players to succeed in doing all this next.

This may be because you have a lot of talent ...

talent is not enough to that level. Spend nights playing poker, this is my dream.

So this is a legend ...

If this were really the case, I would be ruined or billionaire. In fact, when you do something once, people conclude that the fact that all the time ...

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #37
country flag Stronga23

Stronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond repute

La Monf keeping it real as always. Cant wait to see you back Gael we all know you are Top 8 material when healthy especially when your at your best you match up with Nole, Rafa, and Andy better than anyone. Allez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #38
country flag Ausie

[7] Monfils vs Rochus
Mahut vs Qualifier [Q]
Malisse vs Paire
Bye vs Kohlschreiber [2]

Probably tough first match after come back.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #39
country flag Monfils

Monfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

He could have worst, i find his draw fine, no?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #40
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfils View Post
He could have worst, i find his draw fine, no?
hard to say, he don't played 4.5 months.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #41
country flag integral

integral is on a distinguished road

Le Figaro: Are you ready?

Gael Monfils: I'm only back, I played one hour Saturday and Monday a little more, and I got a hole in your hand. I did not tested yet.

I don't quite get that sentence. Did I make a right sum up-he hasn't played almost for 4 months, only on saturday and monday? And what means that he has got a hole in his hand?
integral is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #42
country flag Ausie

Just had a good practise with Younes :-)

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #43
country flag Ausie

Livestream - http://www.hahasport.com/v-4/4/104/v-450598.html

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #44
country flag Ausie

1st set - 6-3. W/U 15/10.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 09-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #45
country flag Ausie

Gael wins 6-3 6-2

Lleyton Hewitt