Off Topic Chat Thread - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #331
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

RIP Stompin' Tom

Hockey night won't be the same with his hockey song
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #332
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

They'll play that song in 3rd periods forever!
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #333
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Frickin Homan, best team there but can't get it together, could miss the playoffs now, 4 games left and all are must wins, when are the women finally going to win something, it's been 5 years.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #334
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Give rachel a break

there are alot of really good teams there . personally i dont think they are the best, i'd rate both sweden and scotland above them and so far thats proving to hold true
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #335
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
Give rachel a break

there are alot of really good teams there . personally i dont think they are the best, i'd rate both sweden and scotland above them and so far thats proving to hold true
I really like the team I really do, just Canadian womens curling has been failing for too long now, it's time we got the gold back.

Yeah they are the best team, they are ranked higher than all the teams there, plus Homan is the best womens curler I've ever seen, her 10 best shots in the Scotties are about what the men do, the other womens curlers can only dream of making 1 of those per tourney, if they are lucky.

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #336
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I really like the team I really do, just Canadian womens curling has been failing for too long now, it's time we got the gold back.

Yeah they are the best team, they are ranked higher than all the teams there, plus Homan is the best womens curler I've ever seen, her 10 best shots in the Scotties are about what the men do, the other womens curlers can only dream of making 1 of those per tourney, if they are lucky.
The problem with womens curling is nothing to do with canada. the rest of the world has just gotten better. Gone are the days when we can expect to walk in and get a bye to the final

and ill dispute rachel homan being the best curler you ave ever seen all day. i can name a few curlers right now who are better, not least of all sandra schmirler. I dont know anyone who would rate rachel ahead of sandra..unless of course you've never seen sandra curl in which case thats a great shame.

they arent really the best team overall. technically they are the best team yes but this sport is about so much more than technical skill. Its about handling difficult conditions and managing your emotions over the week as well as straegy. throw all these together and scotland and sweden catch up to her. russia is also very close to her

everyone was all excited, they had this team head and shoulders above the field and thats not the case

keep in mind as well that this team is young so if they struggle here dont write them off
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #337
country flag J99

Quote:
The problem with womens curling is nothing to do with canada. the rest of the world has just gotten better. Gone are the days when we can expect to walk in and get a bye to the final

and ill dispute rachel homan being the best curler you ave ever seen all day. i can name a few curlers right now who are better, not least of all sandra schmirler. I dont know anyone who would rate rachel ahead of sandra..unless of course you've never seen sandra curl in which case thats a great shame.

they arent really the best team overall. technically they are the best team yes but this sport is about so much more than technical skill. Its about handling difficult conditions and managing your emotions over the week as well as straegy. throw all these together and scotland and sweden catch up to her. russia is also very close to her

everyone was all excited, they had this team head and shoulders above the field and thats not the case

keep in mind as well that this team is young so if they struggle here dont write them off
The rest of the world might be catching up, but they aren't there yet, Canada still has the top 4 teams in the world, plus the other teams only seem to look good cause they get most of their points on the weaker Euro tour.

She made one pretty good shot, Homan can do those in her sleep, she was alright for her time, all 10 of Homan's best shots at the TOH are better, see video:

Homan has been curling since she was 4, she's been beating these teams on a regular basis on the tour, so don't tell me she's not ready or not experienced enough or whatever, cause she is.

They are the best team, it's a fact, just cause you don't know much about Homan and know more about the other teams doesn't mean Homan isn't the best, guess you don't follow curling much if you think they aren't, go look at the results from the world curling tour, you'll see I'm telling it like it is.

Last edited by J99 : 03-20-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #338
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
The rest of the world might be catching up, but they aren't there yet, Canada still has the top 4 teams in the world, plus the other teams only seem to look good cause they get most of their points on the weaker Euro tour.

She made one pretty good shot, Homan can do those in her sleep, she was alright for her time, all 10 of Homan's best shots at the TOH are better, see video:

Homan has been curling since she was 4, she's been beating these teams on a regular basis on the tour, so don't tell me she's not ready or not experienced enough or whatever, cause she is.

They are the best team, it's a fact, just cause you don't know much about Homan and know more about the other teams doesn't mean Homan isn't the best, guess you don't follow curling much if you think they aren't, go look at the results from the world curling tour, you'll see I'm telling it like it is.
yeah, i have been following curling since i was about 3 years old so i definately know what im talking about

if you followed it at all you;d realize how rediculous your statement is. Stating that all the european teams get their points on the euro circuit is plain wrong. Alot of them come over to canada and do extremely well. Mirjam ott for example won an event with jenniffer jones, tracy horgan and stefanie lawton in it(just to name a few) and several other top teams this past weekend.

Just because she beats these teams on tour does not mean that she will beat them here,asnd beating these teams on tour has nothing to do with the experience im talking about. Worlds is a totally different thing.Bigger stage, better ice, completely different atmosphere and the pressure is ramped up. But hey, if you want to use thats as your defense that she's better..

well she's never beaten sigfridsson or brown (0-2 against both) and is 2-3 against muirhead. So i guess that means those 3 teams are better than her

the fact that you speak like sandra like that proves to me you never saw her play. schmirler would blow homan out of the water if they ever had met.she was 10x the shot maker and strategist that rachel is or will ever be

Last edited by misty1 : 03-20-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #339
country flag J99

Quote:
yeah, i have been following curling since i was about 3 years old so i definately know what im talking about

if you followed it at all you;d realize how rediculous your statement is. Stating that all the european teams get their points on the euro circuit is plain wrong. Alot of them come over to canada and do extremely well. Mirjam ott for example won an event with jenniffer jones, tracy horgan and stefanie lawton in it(just to name a few) and several other top teams this past weekend.

Just because she beats these teams on tour does not mean that she will beat them here,asnd beating these teams on tour has nothing to do with the experience im talking about. Worlds is a totally different thing.Bigger stage, better ice, completely different atmosphere and the pressure is ramped up. But hey, if you want to use thats as your defense that she's better..

well she's never beaten sigfridsson or brown (0-2 against both) and is 2-3 against muirhead. So i guess that means those 3 teams are better than her

the fact that you speak like sandra like that proves to me you never saw her play. schmirler would blow homan out of the water if they ever had met.she was 10x the shot maker and strategist that rachel is or will ever be
It's not ridiculous, yeah they sometimes do well in Canada, but rarely, and never at the major events, only the small ones, Ott I would say is really the only team who can really compete with Canada's best, these other countries have just 1, maybe 2 if they are really lucky decent teams, so they are still very far behind Canada, Canada has plenty of great teams, also to say that Canada hasn't gotten better at curling and these other countries have is just plain wrong.

The tour is a big deal though, if you don't think so you are deluded, you said before that it was, the ice in Riga sucks, no one is there to watch it either, so it's not an intense atmosphere, but hey if you want to keep thinking that then fine.

Yeah you got me there a bit, but she beats Canada's best alot, she has won a major, which is something no non Canadian curler can say.

I get that you sympathize with Sandra, fact is though you have to separate her curling skill from her situation, she was pretty good like I said for her time, but during her time you have to remember that the world field was even weaker than it is now, teams like Jones and Homan would have her for lunch today, there is also a fair argument that Coleen Jones is Canada's best female curler.

Homan just killed the supposedly good Swiss team, which they aren't that good obviously, which proves my point that Canada always has the best team, it's just their execution that may be lacking, but if they can play at their best, the rest of the world minus Ott pales in comparison, Ott is better than this team for sure, don't know why they aren't there, it's weird not having the champs in it.

Now that Homan has her game going she can win the gold and prove you wrong, I hope you would like her to do that, unless you have something against her, which it seems like maybe you do.

Last edited by J99 : 03-20-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #340
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
It's not ridiculous, yeah they sometimes do well in Canada, but rarely, and never at the major events, only the small ones, Ott I would say is really the only team who can really compete with Canada's best, these other countries have just 1, maybe 2 if they are really lucky decent teams, so they are still very far behind Canada, Canada has plenty of great teams, also to say that Canada hasn't gotten better at curling and these other countries have is just plain wrong.

The tour is a big deal though, if you don't think so you are deluded, you said before that it was, the ice in Riga sucks, no one is there to watch it either, so it's not an intense atmosphere, but hey if you want to keep thinking that then fine.

Yeah you got me there a bit, but she beats Canada's best alot, she has won a major, which is something no non Canadian curler can say.

I get that you sympathize with Sandra, fact is though you have to separate her curling skill from her situation, she was pretty good like I said for her time, but during her time you have to remember that the world field was even weaker than it is now, teams like Jones and Homan would have her for lunch today, there is also a fair argument that Coleen Jones is Canada's best female curler.

Homan just killed the supposedly good Swiss team, which they aren't that good obviously, which proves my point that Canada always has the best team, it's just their execution that may be lacking, but if they can play at their best, the rest of the world minus Ott pales in comparison, Ott is better than this team for sure, don't know why they aren't there, it's weird not having the champs in it.

Now that Homan has her game going she can win the gold and prove you wrong, I hope you would like her to do that, unless you have something against her, which it seems like maybe you do.
Look, i dont waqnt to sargue. Suffice it to say that i disagree 100% with everything you've said especially that part about sandra competing in an easier field but its quite obvious neither of us will bend to the other so lets just stop

i will say though that i have nothing against team homan. I never did . While i am not a fan of this team by any stretch i wont sit here and actiely root against them either. I always said they had a shot wo win because they are good. I do not however think they are a level above everyone else like some would say
i will

Last edited by misty1 : 03-21-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #341
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really enjoying watching the parts of the worlds that I can, cheering for an Eve, Rachel Homan final.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #342
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I'm really enjoying watching the parts of the worlds that I can, cheering for an Eve, Rachel Homan final.
I know you like eve so i know you must be happy she won

As for me...after the russians melted down i couldnt have cared less who won. I was heartbroken for the swedes though

Now i look to the mens worlds. Anyone have any thoughts on how they think jacobs will do?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #343
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know you like eve so i know you must be happy she won

As for me...after the russians melted down i couldnt have cared less who won. I was heartbroken for the swedes though

Now i look to the mens worlds. Anyone have any thoughts on how they think jacobs will do?

He'll win. Canadian mens curling is miles ahead of the rest of the world unlike the womens where it's much more equal. Canadian men have won 8 out of the last 11 tournaments.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #344
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that Jacobs can win, I was really happy to see him win the Brier.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #345
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
He'll win. Canadian mens curling is miles ahead of the rest of the world unlike the womens where it's much more equal. Canadian men have won 8 out of the last 11 tournaments.
I dont really think jacobs is the type of team that can dominate like stoughton, howard, martin or evein koe did. I also dont think he's as sure a bet to win as would usually be the case. I think that he's so inconsistent and that the international teams like ulsrud, edon, brewster and michel can definately compete with and beat him.