Attention Seekers 23 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #151
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MariaV is NOT an arse clown but a great chick - Attention Seekers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Belgium was artificially made in XIX century, no wonder they have kept the bitching about separation for a long time. But probably these days it's really close...
Yup, basically, Belgium (the territory) has always had an excellent position in Europe, was pretty much always at or near the centre of power and wealth, positioning itself in between big nations such as France, Germany and the UK.
Our little piece of land was invaded so often that in 1830, we decided to form a country anyway (even though that was never really the intention) and go our own way. The problem is that different communities were thrown together and if this was a marriage, we would have divorced a long time ago.

Quote:
But first we need to kick them in football Euro quallies
Won't be a problem at all since Belgian football sucks big time currently.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #152
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The so-called solidarity between communities, yes. The community with the better economy contributes to the community with the worse economy. In Germany, money flows from W-Germany to E-Germany. In Belgium, it goes from N-Belgium to S-Belgium. The discussion is that too much money indeed is going from Flanders to Wallonia and the Walloon economy is not really improving all that much so it feels like a waste of tax money. The thing is that even when Flanders had the weaker economy a couple of decades ago, the average Fleming was still paying more than the average Walloon.
Solidarity is good and as a Fleming, I agree to the principle, but the average Fleming has been overtaxed.

Het Vlaams Belang is a far-right extremist political party. Not really the person I would like to see talk about the situation abroad.

No doubt about it.

Today is in particular a tense day. I would find it hilarious if it wasn't so serious.
Apparently what has caused such a stagnation in the East Germany after the regime of course (which was still more "westernly civilised" comparing to what we had in PL, and especially USSR) - was the overdonating those people. Big social security for doing nothing, perfect school of being passive and falling into marasm. This is why so many people emigrate to the West and some towns in East Germany consist of lots of empty buildings.

I think that at least internal migrations aren't the case in Belgium, however I might be wrong of course.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #153
country flag maldini

maldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The so-called solidarity between communities, yes. The community with the better economy contributes to the community with the worse economy. In Germany, money flows from W-Germany to E-Germany. In Belgium, it goes from N-Belgium to S-Belgium. The discussion is that too much money indeed is going from Flanders to Wallonia and the Walloon economy is not really improving all that much so it feels like a waste of tax money. The thing is that even when Flanders had the weaker economy a couple of decades ago, the average Fleming was still paying more than the average Walloon.
Solidarity is good and as a Fleming, I agree to the principle, but the average Fleming has been overtaxed.

Het Vlaams Belang is a far-right extremist political party. Not really the person I would like to see talk about the situation abroad.

No doubt about it.

Today is in particular a tense day. I would find it hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

Yeah this guy said that the current situation is much worse with the payments from Flanders to Wallonia than it ever was in Belgium...they said he was right-wing so I know how to classify this
Anyway if he says it is that grave, then there must be something about it
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #154
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post

Murat is now co-manager of Grasshoppers Zurich
Hakan plays for Young Boys Berne after an odyssey via Paris, Stuttgart etc. They didn't want him here in Basel anymore, so he plays for Berne now They just go trashed by Basel 4-0 2 weeks ago....the same goes for Murat and Grasshoppers. 0-2 vs. Basel last sunday
FC Basel keeps owning the league, and you look like a fan. What known players are there contracted for now?

(mhh I used to be much into football but not anymore when spending 30 h a day posting in here )

I've heard something of Stoichkov starting a club in Spain named FC Hristo but I think he didn't do in the end...

Old 11-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #155
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently what has caused such a stagnation in the East Germany after the regime of course (which was still more "westernly civilised" comparing to what we had in PL, and especially USSR) - was the overdonating those people. Big social security for doing nothing, perfect school of being passive and falling into marasm.
It's a bit extreme to say that it's the same in Belgium because the situation in Germany is a bit different but this sort of criticism has been given here as well, yes. Money flowing from N to S without an actual improvement and the S getting very used to the help fro the N to cope.

Quote:
I think that at least internal migrations aren't the case in Belgium, however I might be wrong of course.
It's not really a major problem now, no.
Decades ago, there were internal migrations from Flanders to Wallonia for quite a long time when the Flemish economy was struggling and Wallonia had the steel industry, coal mines, etc. to keep them going.
Because Flanders has since then managed to build up their own economy (which is now one of the best in Europe and even on a world level), tapping into modern needs of society while Wallonia is a bit struggling to climb out of the industrial age. It's OK to give them money to help them make the next step because Belgium (and Flanders) needs Wallonia to have a strong economy but what's the use if there's not much change and they keep sticking their hand out whenever they see a financial hole that needs filling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini
they said he was right-wing so I know how to classify this
Sorry, I didn't want to imply that you don't know how to classify him. It's just that I don't have much love for that man.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #156
country flag maldini

maldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FC Basel keeps owning the league, and you look like a fan. What known players are there contracted for now?

(mhh I used to be much into football but not anymore when spending 30 h a day posting in here )

I've heard something of Stoichkov starting a club in Spain named FC Hristo but I think he didn't do in the end...
Of course I am....the football stadium is just next to the place where the Swiss Indoors are held, so I also live 10 minutes away from the stadium

Zurich was champion the last 2 years
In 2006 they won the championship because they scored a goal in 93rd minute against us. Basel had 6 points advantage two games before the end and they lost it in the end This wasn't nice and riots followed that game..ON the pitch just after the match...
Last year, Zurich had 1 point advantage

This time we are stronger... We don't have so many big names, but a good team with some great young players.

You may still know Chipperfield & Ergic, they already played here in 2002 (when Basel did well in Champions League)...Huggel, Streller and D. Degen, all three went to Germany but came back for this season.
Then there are Majstorovic, Koji Nakata...you might know some of the names

Coach is still Christian Gross..Adam's favourite manager
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007

Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #157
country flag maldini

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't want to imply that you don't know how to classify him. It's just that I don't have much love for that man.
Yeah i see
But they're now third-strongest party or something, right?

Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #158
country flag Nathaliia

I wouldn't have thought I was gonna spend an afternoon talking about Belgian politics and Swiss football, though it's nice.

But I must go to the restaurant now and for a walk to catch some fresh air

Old 11-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #159
country flag maldini

Quote:
I wouldn't have thought I was gonna spend an afternoon talking about Belgian politics and Swiss football, though it's nice.

But I must go to the restaurant now and for a walk to catch some fresh air
Have a nice afternoon & evening

Old 11-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #160
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Yeah i see
But they're now third-strongest party or something, right?
In Flanders, I think that they're the second-strongest party and they would be the strongest if there wasn't a coalition between two other parties (CD&V and NVA) to form one political block against Vlaams Belang.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #161
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Flanders, I think that they're the second-strongest party and they would be the strongest if there wasn't a coalition between two other parties (CD&V and NVA) to form one political block against Vlaams Belang.
Casta, as you're here, do you want to make a prediction - will Belgium break up or not?
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #162
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Casta, as you're here, do you want to make a prediction - will Belgium break up or not?
This very day, (it's "make or break" day) the situation looks bleak. I've never know it to be this bad.

But in the end, I think that we will get through this together somehow because I still think that Flanders and Wallonia with the power centre Brussels is a stronger combination together than seperate.

There was talk of Flanders going back to The Netherlands. No offence to the lovely Dutchies on this forum but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
That's a good solution on paper but it won't work in reality.

Then there's Brussels: in theory, it's a Flemish city in its origin. (I even think that the name has an old Flemish/Dutch meaning, referring to the marsh it used to be) and it's situated in Flanders. However, most inhabitants speak French and feel that they belong more to Wallonia.

Breaking up won't be that easy either. Neither side of the country is going to be willing to give up Brussels.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #163
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Casta!
Ehh, politics seem to be the same :retard: everywhere.
And school shooting in Finland today, 8 dead, what has the world come to?!?!
Anyway, take care!
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #164
country flag Castafiore

Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #165
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
really?
That's great....I'm also doing some mini-tennis courses here

We also got a manual from Swiss Tennis federation but that one is rather crap
are you planning to be a coach?

Quote:
Will it also be distributed to Swiss mini-tennis teachers?!
I can send you one but you should learn albanian
this is actually for the School Tennis Initiative that exists in many countries. So this is not mainly for tennis coaches but for school teachers that work in the schools that are part of this program

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Best album cover ever:

no, this is

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread