Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #31
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Reason Why Religion Is A Joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
There is actually no such thing as Islamic law, but of course the Western media which wants only a convenient term to characterise one very extreme interpretation of the Koran doesn't understand this - or more likely, doesn't really give a shit.
''Tripwires.'' Good choice of name it seems. You tripped up badly here.
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peribsen View Post
That is simply not true.
It was a question, not a statement. So true or not true is not applicable.

It also was an irreverent reference to habibko's irreverence.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #33
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
My problem, though, with the way the phrase "Islamic law" is used in the media is that it implies a fixed interpretation of the rules that applies to Muslims which is a very narrow view of the Islamic legal tradition. I wish they'd say Islamic law instead of Shari'a law too, because the latter phrase is quite inaccurate. But I realise this is just a question of semantics.
Still tripping.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #34
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It was a question, not a statement. So true or not true is not applicable.

It also was an irreverent reference to habibko's irreverence.
you talking about irreverence

no idea how the point of my post escaped your head but I'm not taking the assault against the poor woman lightly, if the British courts aren't competent enough to punish these savages for their actions might as well leave them to the more inhumane Sharia as even that would punish them more appropriately, that's the sarcastic point I made and it doesn't mean that I believe flogging for drinking alcohol is a just punishment or that I think it's more significant than gang assaulting a helpless girl, seems that's too much for you to figure out on your own
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #35
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
''Tripwires.'' Good choice of name it seems. You tripped up badly here.
You're so witty.

Quote:
Still tripping.
Care to elaborate?

Oh, is it because my username is TRIPwires?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)

Last edited by tripwires : 12-11-2011 at 02:01 PM.
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #36
country flag wee

wee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond repute

beyond stupidity, and can only be cured by the end of the world...
Old 12-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #37
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

The judge is allowing religion to be used as an excuse to hurt people without consequence.

There's nothing special about religion, it's just another set of man made laws but because belief of god's involved it's called religion.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #38
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Dumb judge.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #39
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
you talking about irreverence

no idea how the point of my post escaped your head but I'm not taking the assault against the poor woman lightly, if the British courts aren't competent enough to punish these savages for their actions might as well leave them to the more inhumane Sharia as even that would punish them more appropriately, that's the sarcastic point I made and it doesn't mean that I believe flogging for drinking alcohol is a just punishment or that I think it's more significant than gang assaulting a helpless girl, seems that's too much for you to figure out on your own
This one escaped my notice. I knew you were being irreverent, but I was not sure if your statement about Sharia law coming down hard on people who drink, but looking the other way when people beat up women might have some truth.

If I had used the term ''sarcastic'' instead of ''irreverent'' maybe the misunderstanding would not have occurred.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #40
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

the story is being misinterpreted which isn't surprising because the trashy right win press has deliberately misled people with the headlines (helped by the pussy left wing press pretending the incident never happened)

There is no evidence the judge took the "not used to alcohol" bollocks into account. That was an argument used by the shameless defence team. Good fodder for the press but ultimately irrelevant.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #41
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

This story doesn't make it more of a joke, or less of a joke. Religion is a joke anyway. Always has, always will be.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 16 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 456-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote