A Very Good Year this 2012 - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #196
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Schedule Next Up : Marseilles Feb 20-26

At least he has some time to relax.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #197
country flag misst89

misst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want him to play well. If he has his forehand, he can beat anyone but against Fed he didn't have his forehand. I don't know, I'm thinking if he has a tough first match, it will give him confidence to power through. Idk, let's hope! I might be on at the same time to post during the match.

Quote:
q. what was the joke? we couldn’t understand on the tv.

jmdp: no, i did with the towel his face. what, you was watching the tomic match?
misst89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #198
country flag Juan Ma Del Pony

Juan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
At least he has some time to relax.
True, but I think winning this tournament with the way Denko and Tsonga are playing is a big ask right now, regardless of how much rest he gets. Then again, I never root against my boy, so we'll see what he looks like tomorrow I guess! Hoping for a good stream here in the U.S. at least....
Juan Ma Del Pony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #199

Juan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Theresa, I think his serve let him down more than his forehand on Sunday. He was clearly very nervous, and usually the first thing to go when you're nervous is your first serve.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #200
country flag misst89

misst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond repute

That's also true, sweetie. I find his nerves are the worst against Roger. Against Rafa and Nole, he usually keeps his cool, poor thing.

Quote:

jmdp: no, i did with the towel his face. what, you was watching the tomic match?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #201

That's why I say that he needs to cut out the buddy-buddy, practicing with Roger, showing deference to him b/c he's the GOAT, nonsense. Like what Lendl did with Murray this year, stopping the "futbol" matches with Nole during the AO fortnight...Davin's gotta come up with some mental defenses like that for our boy, or the H2H will only explode further in The Arrogant One's favor.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #202
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Schedule Next Up : Rotterdam 13-19 Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
to Fed for coming to play today.
And to JM for making the final! Good start to his year so far imo.

Lost 1-6 4-6. Better play in the second but just could not convert on Bp's. As I said prior- the Gods were not with him today.

Oh and btw- he has made it to last 8 or better every tournament this year to date.
Unfortunately the match thread is closed on GM so that's why I comment on the match in here:

Who knows what would have happened if JM would have broken already in the 1st game? But Roger was really excellent in the first set whilst JM was able to raise his level during the match. I was always afraid he would break Roger in the 2nd set and we would get an open match then

It was a great week for JM and the crowd really loved him. It was the first time I got to see him play live and I hope to be able to see him again one day

There's a lot of respect between Roger and JM.

Good luck to your man for this season

Carlita, it was so nice to see you again Hope you enjoyed the final despite the outcome
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #203
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Unfortunately the match thread is closed on GM so that's why I comment on the match in here:

Who knows what would have happened if JM would have broken already in the 1st game? But Roger was really excellent in the first set whilst JM was able to raise his level during the match. I was always afraid he would break Roger in the 2nd set and we would get an open match then

It was a great week for JM and the crowd really loved him. It was the first time I got to see him play live and I hope to be able to see him again one day

Carlita, it was so nice to see you again Hope you enjoyed the final despite the outcome
All I have to say is just this: +1

It was fantastic to witness how much loved Juan Martin was in Rotterdam, and how much he appreciated the crowd's appreciation for him.
Hope he'll come back next year.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #204
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

2 of my favorite people posting here Thanks you 2 for the info. I had forgotten that you both were going.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #205
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
2 of my favorite people posting here Thanks you 2 for the info. I had forgotten that you both were going.

Oh man, I only just noticed Doris has uploaded that picture of her signed foot cast as an avvy...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #206
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post

Oh man, I only just noticed Doris has uploaded that picture of her signed foot cast as an avvy...
WHAT!! On no Doris And of course when they cut it off they had better make sure they go around the autograph
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #207
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Ma Del Pony View Post
Delpo is playing at 6:30PM local time tomorrow, which is 6 hours ahead of East Coast time and 9 hours ahead of West Coast time.
Good to know. I have my *supposedly* last training session tomorrow morning, so I hope I am DONE by the time his match starts. Since I am doing these by myself, we'll see how long it takes me, I'm hoping an hour per patient and there are 4 patients scheduled, IF they show up on time. I want this training to be OVER! I want my life back!
smitty8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #208
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
All I have to say is just this: +1

It was fantastic to witness how much loved Juan Martin was in Rotterdam, and how much he appreciated the crowd's appreciation for him.
Hope he'll come back next year.
Eden and Karin
Old 02-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #209
country flag misst89

Hey to everyone Gasquet is also through so he is the potential next round if delpo gets through.

Quote:

Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #210
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

In Federer's half in Dubai. 2-10 coming
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote