2012 FITD Management Thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:14 AM   #106
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 FITD Management Thread

Opening thread now sorry i forgot it was this week.
Chris. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #107
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

I've gotten recent requests about doing a US Olympus Series kind of like the two previous series that I ran in the last 12 months. Unfortunately I am far too busy to manage any one tournament + people have already volunteered.

What I can do is keep a running leaderboard for the series. All I need is the manager's permission. Since I do not really have a spreadsheet for this, I have to manually input scores so there is no need to send me your spreadsheets. As long as you post at least every round, I will be able to keep a running leaderboard.

And just like the Eurasian Autumn Series and the US Spring Streak I will create a similar post that would need to be copy and pasted in post 2 of each thread.

Its totally up to you guys, but if you're all down for it, then I'm willing to keep the series leaderboard while you guys manage your individual tournaments.

Tournament List would be...
Atlanta
Los Angeles
Washington
Toronto
Cincinnati
Winsten Salem
U.S. Open

Obviously the open is not included in the real life us open bonus olympus series but it would be pointless to end with winston salem since the two masters 1000 tournaments would have probably already decided the top winners.

So whaddaya guys think?

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #108
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfish8 View Post
I've gotten recent requests about doing a US Olympus Series kind of like the two previous series that I ran in the last 12 months. Unfortunately I am far too busy to manage any one tournament + people have already volunteered.

What I can do is keep a running leaderboard for the series. All I need is the manager's permission. Since I do not really have a spreadsheet for this, I have to manually input scores so there is no need to send me your spreadsheets. As long as you post at least every round, I will be able to keep a running leaderboard.

And just like the Eurasian Autumn Series and the US Spring Streak I will create a similar post that would need to be copy and pasted in post 2 of each thread.

Its totally up to you guys, but if you're all down for it, then I'm willing to keep the series leaderboard while you guys manage your individual tournaments.

Tournament List would be...
Atlanta
Los Angeles
Washington
Toronto
Cincinnati
Winsten Salem
U.S. Open

Obviously the open is not included in the real life us open bonus olympus series but it would be pointless to end with winston salem since the two masters 1000 tournaments would have probably already decided the top winners.

So whaddaya guys think?
YAY! I suggested it, so I'm definitely on board

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #109
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to start managing FITD so i would like to start with St.Petersburg . I know it's maybe too early but there aren't any vacant manager places in earlier tournaments .

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
2013: Winner of Burnie CH w/Sonja1989
The Rocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #110

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, when I'm managing the Olympics should I count the bronze medal match? If so, for how many points ?

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:36 AM   #111
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Hey, when I'm managing the Olympics should I count the bronze medal match? If so, for how many points ?
For me, its very cool. =)
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direnan View Post
For me, its very cool. =)
Good to know someone else likes the idea . I just need to know how many points it should be worth !

Quote:

Old 07-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #113
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good to know someone else likes the idea . I just need to know how many points it should be worth !
between semi and champion, no?
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #114

Quote:
between semi and champion, no?
You're right, but I have no clue which scoring points to use since the Olympics don't fall under any of those categories . And I can't figure it out from the 2008 FITD Olympics

Quote:

Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #115

Quote:
You're right, but I have no clue which scoring points to use since the Olympics don't fall under any of those categories . And I can't figure it out from the 2008 FITD Olympics
d_s you managed the 2008 olympics so do you remember? And should I the count bronze medal match ?

Quote:

Old 07-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #116
country flag chowdahead25

chowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll do Metz!

USA

TT '12

Singles (182) -- QF: Cordenons CH, Orleans CH

Doubles (80) -- Winner: Newport, Washington D.C., Genova CH
F: Dallas-2 CH, Khaosiung CH, Aptos CH,
chowdahead25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #117

I'll take Kitzbühel.

Quote:

Old 07-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
I can manage Los Angeles, Toronto, and Winston Salem
Thread please ?

Quote:

Old 07-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #119
country flag Direnan

Quote:
Thread please ?
You need help for next week?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #120

Quote:
You need help for next week?
For the Olympics? I don't know tbh. I just need to get the info about the scoring points, and bronze medal match. Just waiting for d_s to respond. I guess if there's no definitive answer, then I could need a little help making up a scoring system for the Olympics

Quote: