Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Roddick 48 67.61%
Tipsarevic 23 32.39%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #46
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
Tipsy has a much more impressive all around game and more impressive to watch then Roddick is IMO.. And seems like an alright guy..Unlike Roddick.

Sure... Tipsy IMO deserves more respect

Pathetic.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 05:31 AM   #47
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tipsy has a much more impressive all around game and more impressive to watch then Roddick is IMO.. And seems like an alright guy..Unlike Roddick.

Sure... Tipsy IMO deserves more respect
This is what I've been trying to convey.

What part of this is so hard to understand for some Fedtards? (Or Roddicktards) for that matter...

People here pretend as if Roddick has quality comparable to Sampras, Agassi, and McEnroe (maybe to defend their argument that Fed had "tough" competition). Unfortunately, Roddick is one of the most one dimensional players, even during his prime, unfortunately not a good all around player. Tipsarevic has a good all around game, just a mentally weak and inconsistent player.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #48
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post

What part of this is so hard to understand for some Fedtards? (Or Roddicktards) for that matter...

People here pretend as if Roddick has quality comparable to Sampras, Agassi, and McEnroe (maybe to defend their argument that Fed had "tough" competition). Unfortunately, Roddick is one of the most one dimensional players, even during his prime, unfortunately not a good all around player. Tipsarevic has a good all around game, just a mentally weak and inconsistent player.

Roddick was pretty much a 2 weapon guy.. Big Serve, big FH (Then his FH went bye and bye and all he became was just a serve). He never improved the BH, was absolutely pathetic at the net, especially his transition game, and never worked on that despite it being a good strategy to follow his big serve, never really improved the aggressive overrall baseline game and resorted to pushing.. It was horrible to watch.. Horribly one dimensional.. You broke through his serve, he had nothing to fall back on really.. his on and off court antics only further damaged his credibility IMO.

Of course the fards will try until the end of time to make Roddick into a Mac, Courier, Pete Andre, Connors type rival to further their agenda and try to make Fed's main rival during a 4 year time span more impressive then he really was ( despite getting destroyed by OLD Sampras at the USO, and Agassi destroying him just about every time they met), most fans knew better.

Roddick was a good player.. Never a great player.. Not to say Tipsy is a great player but certainly you can argue he has more game then A-Rod does.
SetSampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #49
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Even if that's true (which is debatable) - being "weak and inconsistent" is part of what makes Tipsarevic not a great player. So ergo, even if he has the weapons you speak of, he has not been able to consolidate and therefore only has 2 titles to his name and is therefore a lesser player than Roddick.

There are a lot of players more talented than Djokovic and Nadal but because Djokovic and Nadal are more mentally strong, they have been able to make more of their careers - and who's to say these guys do not deserve respect for that? One can say that Nalbandian has better talent than Nadal but who's the bigger threat? It's always going to be Nadal because he is more mentally strong and consistent.

Actually you guys want to keep on demeaning Roddick to stress that Federer had a weak competition but if Roddick is such a slouch, he wouldn't have made it to 4 other grandslam finals aside from the one he won. You can fluke your way to one slam win but reaching 5 GS finals is no small feat and requires a tough player. Roddick has been able to do way more than Tipsarevic will probably be able to do in his entire career.

You can speak of so called weapons and talents if you want, but if Tipsarevic does not know how to use this supposedly great weapons he has - he is a weak player and Roddick's achievements will prove that he is better.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:44 AM   #50
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsarevic does have a lot of talent, but that makes him no different than the dozens of other talented players that never did jack at the professional level.

Roddick, for all his faults, has a slam to his resume, other finals appearances, a year end number one and in the top 8 of the world for nearly a decade. He's had an accomplished career. This thread is so stupid on so many levels.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #51
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

BigJohn, change the question to who is the more talented player. This will be a more interesting question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #52
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsy is easily the more talented player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #53
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsy of course. He won KL and Moscow.

He is also overweight but is in the top 10.

Nishikori, Berankis, Raonic, Kuznetsov, Dimitrov

thegreendestiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #54
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Off-season in full force.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #55
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Have you been reading the responses in this thread? Fedtards aren't the only ones laughing at your claim that Tipsy is a bigger threat/better player/whatever you wanna call him than Roddick.

Roddick, with his one dimensional skills, managed to make more slam finals than Tips would probably make in his entire career. It's the results that matter. You can say that someone like Dimitrov or whomever has more talent than Roddick, but so what? Is he more dangerous? Obviously not. What has Tips done in his career to make him better or more dangerous than Roddick? Taking Fed to 5 sets in AO 2008? He didn't win that match, did he?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #56
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahaha.. US Open >>>>>> Moscow/Kuala Lumpur. But there are few other viewpoint for compare them, any of them would be for Roddick.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #57
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Right now or in general?

Right now there is no doubt about it... Janko of course
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #58
country flag grishotarian

grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian

Based on current performance/form Janko.

Based on achievement Roddick.
grishotarian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #59
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have no agenda..

/credibility
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #60
country flag Amukinado

Amukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond reputeAmukinado has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Right now or in general?

Right now there is no doubt about it... Janko of course

And in general there is? :/
Amukinado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote