Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Roddick 48 67.61%
Tipsarevic 23 32.39%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 AM   #31
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex View Post
Yes, the guy with 2 career titles and a couple QF appearances in slams was always more dangerous and better than a guy with 30 titles, a former world number one with a slam and 4 other finals appearances.

Great stuff.
It's amazing how low people would stoop down in their logic just to make their weak era arguments. Tipsarevic a bigger threat than the guy who would have 5 slams by now and God knows how many other titles if it wasn't for Federer... you think you've heard everything and then people just outdo themselves Must be the off season blues.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 03:43 AM   #32
country flag bishi

bishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond reputebishi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex View Post
Yes, the guy with 2 career titles and a couple QF appearances in slams was always more dangerous and better than a guy with 30 titles, a former world number one with a slam and 4 other finals appearances.

Great stuff.
Yea this...What a dumb question. Why not Hewitt v Fish for that matter. In both the answers are obvious. As much as Roddick annoys me, most players would love the chance to have that career.
bishi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:56 AM   #33
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

this cannot be a serious question??

Roddick by leaps and bounds. he is more talented, has a better head on his shoulders, has weapons, has accomplishments, etc, etc.

Tips has underachieved, sure, but the problem is he doesn't have anything really REMARKABLE about his game. Andy Roddick has (or had) one of the best serves the sport has ever seen and could hit big with his groundstrokes. on his best day he can beat anyone. the same can't be said about Janko.

this is a really dumb question honestly, it is embrassing how close the poll is. one of these players will make the Hall of Fame, has a Grand Slam and 30 titles, and the other player has a few ATP 250's. just insulting and disgraceful, all of you, demeaning Roddick like this.

apparently a player who is like 3-11 in ATP 250 finals is as good as a Grand Slam winner and like 4/5? time runner up who has won countless tournaments from masters to 500's to 250's and has held the #1 ranking.

embrassing question and poll

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:58 AM   #34

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Tipsarevic at the moment is the better player just like I've stated in the other thread. He's got a decent forehand and backhand. His return of serve was good enough to help him go the distance against tough opponents. He's not afraid of going for big winners against big opponents. He's better than Roddick at the moment. Roddick's serve is crumbling, weak backhand again, forehand is mediocre, clearly at this point in time, Tipsarevic is the better player and the ranking doesn't lie. If I were a top 8 player, I'd rather face Roddick, than Tipsarevic, since Tipsy's game is more dangerous since he's got more weapons in the bag.
the day i heard someone say Tipsarevic has lots of 'weapons' in his game................

Rafael Nadal
Old 12-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #35
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
this is a really dumb question honestly, it is embrassing how close the poll is. one of these players will make the Hall of Fame, has a Grand Slam and 30 titles, and the other player has a few ATP 250's. just insulting and disgraceful, all of you, demeaning Roddick like this.
Exactly. It's kind of disgusting. I'm sure a lot of pro players would dream of having Roddick's career. Heck, Tipsarevic could only dream of having a Roddick-like career ffs.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:04 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
Exactly. It's kind of disgusting. I'm sure a lot of pro players would dream of having Roddick's career. Heck, Tipsarevic could only dream of having a Roddick-like career ffs.
Roddick of course! even if these posters dislike him, it just doesn't excuse degrading and not giving credit to a great career.

maybe compare Roddick to someone like Nalbandian, accomplishment wise, and even talent wise, both could play amazing at certain moments. but comparing him to Tipsarevic honestly is insulting.

what was the point of the thread? ROddick's form was not very good throughout 2011? might as well make a "Roddick or Bogolomov" thread if trying to point out Andy's recent poor form

Rafael Nadal
Old 12-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #37
country flag rickcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Roddick of course! even if these posters dislike him, it just doesn't excuse degrading and not giving credit to a great career.

maybe compare Roddick to someone like Nalbandian, accomplishment wise, and even talent wise, both could play amazing at certain moments. but comparing him to Tipsarevic honestly is insulting.

what was the point of the thread? ROddick's form was not very good throughout 2011? might as well make a "Roddick or Bogolomov" thread if trying to point out Andy's recent poor form
Because shiaben was mentioning in another thread that Federer 2006 wasn't as good as Djokovic 2011 because Roddick was able to take a set off Federer in USO 2006. When countered with the fact that a lesser player in Tipsarevic was also able to take a set off Djokovic in USO 2011, he countered that Tipsarevic is an overall better player than Roddick. Good times.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 AM   #38
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! The inevitable poll!!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:11 AM   #39
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvet empire View Post
you should have been more specific in the poll OP: who's better right now or who's better carreer wise? In both cases the answer is obvious.
Yep.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:29 AM   #40
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Overall as a threat, Tipsarevic is still a bigger threat to most players. Roddick unfortunately, is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:10 AM   #41
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Regardless. O6 Roddick still had weaknesses. Overall as a threat, Tipsarevic is still a bigger threat to most players. Roddick unfortunately, is not. Which reflects where he is in the rankings.

He pushed Federer to 5 sets at the Australian Open in his first shot while someone like Roddick needed many years to push Federer to 5 sets. On top of that Tipsarevic has better overall technique in all their years.

Roddick's return of serve, backhand, have been shitty for almost a decade now. His forehand has also been crap for the last several years. Tipsarevic has weaknesses as well, but not as rudimentary as the ones Roddick has and far few in number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
Great post.. You actually prove the point I've been saying for years.. Arguably, Tipsy may be more of a threat then what was Fed's main rival for about 4 years

Roddick is pretty much NO threat to the top.. Tipsarevic seems more of one on his day.. He pushed Fed to 5 at the AO, pushed Nole hard this year as well at the USO. Roddick hasn't really done much of pushing the top guys (besides pushing himself) in a very long time.

Tipsy I always felt was more dangerous.. I actually think hes more talented and deadly then Roddick is.

Listen to reason Fards... Please.. Roddick is no threat and never really has been.
Roddick needs to be respected more, damn it.

At his peak, Roddick's serve was deadly. And his FH was a weapon. The only one who could deal with Roddick's serve consistently was Fed. This is where he got unlucky, cause he made finals and SFs, only to be denied by the one player that could take away his main weapon. Fed is such a bad match up for Roddick, it's not even funny. Well, maybe it is. lol. Anyway, if Roddick was really a mug like Tipsarevic, he wouldn't have reach all those finals and SFs.

Now, SetSampras knows this but he has an agenda, so lol. But shiaben, I hope you have an agenda too cause if not, then lol too. Learn the damn sport.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #42
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
Roddick needs to be respected more, damn it.

At his peak, Roddick's serve was deadly. And his FH was a weapon. The only one who could deal with Roddick's serve consistently was Fed. This is where he got unlucky, cause he made finals and SFs, only to be denied by the one player that could take away his main weapon. Fed is such a bad match up for Roddick, it's not even funny. Well, maybe it is. lol. Anyway, if Roddick was really a mug like Tipsarevic, he wouldn't have reach all those finals and SFs.

Now, SetSampras knows this but he has an agenda, so lol. But shiaben, I hope you have an agenda too cause if not, then lol too. Learn the damn sport.

I have no agenda.. But if you wanted Roddick to have "respect" maybe he should have shown more character as a player and actually had done something despite his GAZILLION chances in slams etc..Yet all this time in the top 10, he has one slam to show for himself and some ridiculous 2-321434 h2h vs. Fed. Hell other guys came along and managed more against the top guys in a shorter amount of time then Roddick could in YEARS of trying

Respect and praise is earned and Roddick hasn't earned it.. Sorry.

He was a complete dickhead as a person, a HORRIBLE shit one dimensional rival who never once developed other aspects of his game as he should have , and totally not deserving of any praise
SetSampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 AM   #43
country flag rickcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
I have no agenda.. But if you wanted Roddick to have "respect" maybe he should have shown more character as a player and actually had done something despite his GAZILLION chances in slams etc..Yet all this time in the top 10, he has one slam to show for himself and some ridiculous 2-321434 h2h vs. Fed. Hell other guys came along and managed more against the top guys in a shorter amount of time then Roddick could in YEARS of trying

Respect and praise is earned and Roddick hasn't earned it.. Sorry.

He was a complete dickhead as a person, a HORRIBLE shit one dimensional rival who never once developed other aspects of his game as he should have , and totally not deserving of any praise
But Tipsarevic with no grandslam finals deserves respect over Roddick? Get a clue.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #44
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But Tipsarevic with no grandslam finals deserves respect over Roddick? Get a clue.
Of course he does. Afterall, he was the alternate at the WTF this year. And Roddick didn't make it for like the first time in a decade.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 AM   #45
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tipsy has a much more impressive all around game and more impressive to watch then Roddick is IMO.. And seems like an alright guy..Unlike Roddick.

Sure... Tipsy IMO deserves more respect
SetSampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote