Which Nadalīs slam would you rank highest? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which Nadalīs slam would you rank highest?

RG 05 3 4.05%
RG 06 0 0%
RG 07 1 1.35%
RG 08 12 16.22%
Wimby 08 29 39.19%
AO 09 16 21.62%
RG 10 0 0%
Wimby 10 0 0%
USO 10 12 16.22%
RG 11 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 AM   #16
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Nadalīs slam would you rank highest?

US Open 2010, Roland Garros 2005
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
country flag tyruk14

tyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. MTF muggery strikes again.

AO 2009 because he played two of the most epic matches I've seen in a while, back to back no less.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #18
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute

He played his best at the 2010 USO , but who knew that after that nothing would be the same again. He will never be able to reach that level again and I'm afraid his Grand Slam winning days are over
Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
AO 2009, BH was actually a weapon
was that the title which fed and fiasco gifted to him . hope for more rafa's peak versions like this
Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #20
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

AO 09 and US Open 010 he was a joke.

That was the worst level to win a slam ive ever seen. Joker Bitch just didnt turn up for the final, and at the AO, Granando Tobasco and Roger Federer choked the title to him.

Hell, the luck didnt stop there. His HC nemesis of the time Andy Murray lost early in both tournaments, and the player who beat him on HC earlier that year (Gail Monfills) also got injured.

But it didnt stop there, no, he needed Gonzalez to spend 7 hours coming back against Richard GasGay so he was exhaused, he would have beaten him otherwise. An epic choke from Tommy Farce.

Heck, even Gills Simon could have beaten him but choked in sets 2 and 3.

Yawn.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #21
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie Open 09 & French Open 08. At Australia he was incredible, as he never plays well there and survived tough players like Haas, Gonzo and Simon before reaching SF, while in other Slams he din't had to. RG 2008 was , he literally destroyed. everyone.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #22
country flag coonster14

coonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
For his level of play the USO 2010 was the worst thing that could have ever happened to him. Took away all his motivation, and right there he reached a level he was never ever going to reach again.

For his career and legacy it was the best thing that happened.
Agreed. Now that he has won every major tournament (except WTF, but then again, not a big deal), the motivation level just isn't as high as it was before for Rafa.

Hopefully the challenge of Djokovic version 2.0 will force him to find that motivation again.

Also supporting: Rusty, Pics, Nalby, Nando, Baggy, Kei, Isner, Blake, Kolya, Berdych, Richie, Soderling, Gil

Ana - Wozzy - Vika - Kimmy - Makiri

AGASSI,RAFTER,SAFIN
coonster14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #23
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

For me, the best performance of Rafa is RG 2008. He was just outstanding during this tournament. Best clay court tennis ever. His BH was close to the level of his FH, he plays aggressive tennis. Just outstanding.

He also was awesome in Wimbledon, and considering the circumstancies of the final, I think Wimbly 2008 > RG 2008.
I would have this ranking :

1. Wimbledon 2008 (the most memorable)
2. RG 2008 (his best slam)
3. OA 2009 (SF and Final were legendary matchs)
4. RG 2006 (Rafa came back from a foot injury and thought to stop his career during the winter, he needed this slam so much)
5. RG 2005 (Rafa's first slam)
6. RG 2010 (Rafa needed it after a very hard period of doubt)
7. US Open 2010 (finally he won the four slams)
8. RG 2011 (equal Borg's record)
9. Wimbledon 2010 (routine on grass)
10. RG 2007 (just routine here but good tournament nevertheless, he played better than in 2005 and 2006)
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #24
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with many of you that Nadal's level at RG 2008 was frightening, but I think Nadal's most impressive slam has to be AO 2009. Federer was on top form going into the final (although admittedly not at his best in the final), but Nadal edged it in the end to pick up his first hardcourt slam.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #25
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
was that the title which fed and fiasco gifted to him . hope for more rafa's peak versions like this
"gifted"

Is that why Olderer was crying like an 8 year old girl during the presentation ceremony?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #26
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

RG '08. Djokovic had just won AO, was still riding that high. Rafa decimated him in the semis, his cc BH absolutely punishing Djokovic. Then he tore Fed a new one in the F. First and only since Borg to not drop a set at RG.
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #27
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

AO 2009. Incredibly tough draw in the third round.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #28
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

RG 2008, AO 2009, and USO 2010. All of those, for different reasons, on which I feel uncapable to decide.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 AM   #29
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
AO 2009. Incredibly tough draw in the third round.
3rd round was a BYE
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #30
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the poll results more than the posts.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote