2012-Ups & downs in the rankings, young guns and others - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012-Ups & downs in the rankings, young guns and others

Dear all,
The new season is coming and time of speculation is there again. This is what I think may be logical to happen with players that may raise or fall down of the top 100. And a small list of possible young guns that may raise up in the rankings aswell. I would like to see yours aswell.

Ups
Del Potro- Back to top 5: I believe he is ready to make the jump back to the top 5. He will need to be more consistent the whole year long and prove it in GS and MS
Murray - To win his first Grand Slam. Andy is ready to win his first GS. Of course he will have to face the opposition of Djokovic and possibly Nadal in RG but I bet his chances again in Australia, Wimbledon or US Open.
Tsonga: Top 5 or better: He is at a stage of his career where he proved that he can achieve big victories and can beat anyone. If he has a good year he has even the potential to be a contender for Australia, Wimbledon or US Open.
Dolgopolov - Reach Top 10. He needs to mature a bit more and be more consistent along the whole year but he has the potential to be up there.
Nishikori: Top 15. Already proved that he can beat some big names. He is back to his best form after the injury that pulled him down on his tennis after that first ATP victory in Delray Beach.
Raonic: Top 15. If he can play a whole year without injuries he proved that he can be at least a potential top 15. I will no hesitate to put all my bets on him.
Tomic: Top 20. The young Australian is there. He showed some great tennis since Wimbledon and achieved some good victories. I think that he is ready to make the jump.
Istomin: Top 40. After an unstable year he proved he is too good for CH events and I believe that if he can produce some good performances in 4 or 5 events along 2012 he can be back to the top 40.
Dimitrov, Berankis & Harrison: The former youngsters are at a stage of their careers where they played a whole year in ATP events and should be making the jump to the top 40. The three of them have the potential to be up there.

Downs:
Nadal & Federer: This is going to be a controversial one. Potential first year of non Grand Slam victories for them? Rafa is playing worse and worse on hard courts and Djokovic already proved that he can beat him on clay and grass. In the case of Roger I can`t see him any longer at this stage of his career winning 7 matches in two weeks in a row to 5 sets matches. I hope in both cases to be wrong but this is the first time I see an open window for that.
Ferrer: he already gave his best and I can`t see him playing a whole year in the same level as he did in 2011. I see him out of the top 10 at the end of 2012
Roddick, Ferrero, Stepanek, Ljubicic, Davydenko, Robredo, Blake, Montanes ,Nalbandian, Schuettler, Hewitt, Haas, Gicquel, Hernych: Definitely in the down of their careers. I see more than one of this names retiring of tennis after the Olympics.

Other players to make the jump to the top 100:
Cedrik-Marcel Stebe: He is already there and will need to prove that he can be a stable contender to be in the top 100 besides of winning small CH events. We had seen the best of him at the Challenger tour finals in Sao Paulo.
The others are outside the top 100 and proved enough credentials along 2011 that he made steady progresses and are ready to make that jump too: Martin Klizan, Vasek Pospisil, Alessandro Giannessi, Pablo Carreno Busta, Donskoy, Jurgen Zopp,
There are others that would be good to keep an eye of them too: Federico Del Bonis, Gastao Elias, Tsung-Hua Yang, Aljaz Bedene, Dusan Lajovic and Laurynas Grigelis.

Other young guns to follow with good results in Future and CH events:
Bejamin Mitchell, Andrey Kuznetsov, Jan-Lennard Struff, James Duckworth, Facundo Arguello, Agustin Velotti, Kevin Kravietz, Diego Schwartzman, Guido Andreozzi, Daniel Kosakowski

Cheers,

Fran
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.

Last edited by fran70 : 12-08-2011 at 10:05 AM.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
country flag mark73

mark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012-Ups & downs in the rankings, young guns and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Dear all,
The new season is coming and time of speculation is there again. This is what I think may be logical to happen with players that may raise or fall down of the top 100. And a small list of possible young guns that may raise up in the rankings aswell. I would like to see yours aswell.

Ups
Del Potro- Back to top 5: I believe he is ready to make the jump back to the top 5. Will need more consistent along the whole year long and proved it back in GS and MS
Murray - To win his first Grand Slam. Andy is ready to win his first GS. Of course he will have to face the opposition of Djokovic and possibly Nadal in RG but I bet his chances again in Australia, Wimbledon or US Open.
Tsonga: Top 5 or better: He is at a stage of his career where he proved that he can achieve big victories and can beat anyone. If he has a good year he has even the potential to be a contender for Australia, Wimbledon or US Open.
Dolgopolov - Reach Top 10. He needs to mature a big more, be more consistent along the whole year but he has the potential to be up there.
Nishikori: Top 15. Already proved that he can beat some big names. He is back to his best form after the injury that pulled him down on his tennis after that first ATP victory in Delray Beach.
Raonic: Top 15. If he can play a whole year without injuries he proved that he can be at least a potential top 15. I will no hesitate to put all my bets on him.
Tomic: Top 20. The young Australian is there. He showed some great tennis since Wimbledon and achieved some good victories. I think that he is ready to make the jump.
Istomin: Top 40. After an unstable year he proved he is too good for CH events and I believed if he can produce some good performances in 4 o5 events along 2012 he can be back to the top 40.
Dimitrov, Berankis & Harrison: The former youngsters are at a stage of their careers where they played a whole year in ATP events and should be making the jump to the top 40. The three of them have the potential to be up there.

Downs:
Nadal & Federer: This is going to be a controversial one. Potential first year of non Grand Slam victories for them? Rafa is playing worse and worse on hard courts and Djokovic already proved that he can beat him on clay and grass. In the case of Roger I can`t see him any longer at this stage of his career winning 7 matches in two weeks in a row to 5 sets matches. I hope in both cases to be wrong but this is the first time I see an open window for that.
Ferrer: he already gave his best and I can`t see him playing a whole year in the same level he did it in 2011. I see him out of the top 10 at the end of 2012
Roddick, Ferrero, Stepanek, Ljubicic, Davydenko Robredo, Blake, Montanes ,Nalbandian, Schuettler, Hewitt, Haas, Gicquel, Hernych, : Definitely in the down of their careers. I see more than one of this names retiring of tennis after the Olympics.

Cedrik-Marcel Stebe: He is already there and will need to prove that he can be a stable contender to be in the top 100 besides of winning small CH events. We had seen the best of him at the Challenger tour finals in Sao Paulo.
The others are outside the top 100 and proved enough credentials along 2011 that he made steady progresses and are ready to make that jump too: Martin Klizan, Vasek Pospisil, Alessandro Giannessi, Pablo Carreno Busta, Donskoy, Jurgen Zopp,
There are others that would be good to keep an eye of them too: Federico Del Bonis, Gastao Elias, Tsung-Hua Yang, Aljaz Bedene, Dusan Lajovic and Laurynas Grigelis.

Bejamin Mitchell, Andrey Kuznetsov, Jan-Lennard Struff, James Duckworth, Facundo Arguello, Agustin Velotti, Kevin Kravietz, Diego Schwartzman, Guido Andreozzi, Daniel Kosakowski

Cheers,

Fran
I generally agree. I think however that Federer will end number 2 or 3. He is not showing significant signs of declining over the last two years.

Nadal I see slipping to 3 or 4. He seems a bit warn out and definitely not the player he was last year.

Ferrer should definitely remain in the top 10. He finished number 5 very comfortably.
mark73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Fran.

I agree about Ferrer, it will be very tough to back up what he accomplished this season, especially with his style of play. Has a lot to defend during the first couple of months of 2012 as well (Auckland, AO semi, Acapulco).

I still think Federer and Nadal will be dangerous at the slams, it would be suicide for the other guys to dismiss them. Nadal will be confident after securing the Davis Cup for Spain and Federer is playing his best tennis in the last couple of years. Djokovic has to prove he can do this all over again. I'm not so sure he can dominate the game for the extensive periods of time he did this year.

Del Potro, well if he can stay injury free then he will be back in the top 10. I have no doubts about that. Dolgo will always have his issues and I honestly couldn't predict which way he will go next year. Unlimited potential but there are other factors with him.

Out of the younger guys, I see Tomic solidifying his spot in the top 30 at least. I think his inability to adjust to clay will stop him from going a lot higher next year. Once he learns to move better on the surface the other stuff will improve though. He will do well at Wimbledon again, the slice is class and he has the characteristics that can't be taught. Raonic is another one with a lot to defend at the beginning of the year. Will he get found out now the other players are aware of his firepower? Maybe?

Good thread, hope it doesn't get hijacked...

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Ups:
I think that Del Potro will rise, altough not to the Top-5. I think that he will stick around #6 or #7. He is not still ready to beat Top-4 + Tsonga and even Berdych & Ferrer could be better than him. Also I think Simon will have his last chance to re-enter Top-10. I expect him to end #9 or #10. Monfils, Dolgo, Verdasco I think will rise, and Gael if he stops clowning could be a solid Top-10.

I expect like nearly everyone here that Ferrer won't be as good as in 2011. We saw him play brilliantly on HC and indoors[he played great at MC]. I think he won't be a Top-5 anymore. Fish, Tipsy and Almagro i think will get a bit worse.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
country flag superganon

superganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond repute

nadal will rise
superganon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Delpo will be top 10, no doubts.
I see Ferrero rising again, he has proven to be a great player who can win over top 10 even in big matches (Monfils at USO), top 30/20 for him.
A see a different way about Fed, he can beat anyone of the other big 4, easily. I see him with another season inside the top 3.
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't goodrep you Fran sadly. Great thread & post. I agree especially with the first part of post.
Only I'm uncertain with Nadal and Federer, I think they are good for 2nd and 3rd ranking, at least. We'll see.
TT singles: (ranking: 106) Titles: Quimper CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13; Kazan CH '13 and Singapore CH '12. Finalist of Orléans CH '13; Alphen CH '12 and Mons CH '12. SF of Umag '13, Chennai '13 and Buenos A. '13
doubles: (ranking: 91) Titles: Andria CH '13 (w/J99) Sao Paulo CH Finals '13 and Alphen CH '13(w/Crvena Zvezda); Burnie CH '13 (w/delicfan), Bordeaux CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Cordenons CH '12 and Alphen CH '12 (w/delicfan). Finalist of Sao Paulo CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Los Angeles '12(w/MikiKuba) and Cali CH '12(w/hat__boy)

DTT Singles: (ranking: 13) Title: Barcelona
Doubles: (ranking: 10) Title: Titles: Canada MS, US Open (w/*Jean*) and Acapulco/Sao Paulo '14 (w/J99) Finalist of Being/Tokyo (w/*Jean*)
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
Del Potro- Back to top 5: I believe he is ready to make the jump back to the top 5. He will need to be more consistent  the whole year long and prove it in GS and MS
If he finally stays healthy I will be negatively surprised if he doesn't return to top 5 . Many things will be much clearly immediately after the AO
Code:
All these years I was sure in his slam but now I doubt . This is probably his biggest chance
Code:
Don't know for Tsonga . Just can't imagine him consistent through the year . On good day he can beat anyone but not type of tennis player I like . To me weaker delivery than Delpo + clay mug . don't see him in top 5

Code:
Dolgopolov - Reach Top 10. He needs to mature a bit more and be more consistent along the whole year but he has the potential to be up there.
No way . One of overrated players for me . Almost like Gulbis

Code:
Like watch him playing . But big if is he can stay healthy
Code:
potential and my sympathies are here but also not so sure

Code:
I hope never if he continues to play like he is playing right now . bad for tennis if he reaches top 20
Code:
Istomin: Top 40. After an unstable year he proved he is too good for CH events and I believe that if he can produce some good performances in 4 or 5 events along 2012 he can be back to the top 40.
Just if stops to be mom's son
Code:
would be very very happy if these guys make break through . specially for dimitrov . c'mon baby fed

Downs:
Code:
hm... down . for rafa this would mean out of top 2, could happen but still see him winning a slam, mainly because I see Nole going down from this year standards .

For Fed would going down mean out of top 4 . Don't see that . It's more likely that he will win another slam than getting out of top 4 . Still the biggest favorite in Wimbledon for me

Code:
Ferrer: he already gave his best and I can`t see him playing a whole year in the same level as  he did in 2011. I see him out of the top 10 at the end of 2012
Agree 100% . Like the guy and deserves everything he gets but one of the biggest overachievers in last 20 years
Code:
Roddick, Ferrero, Stepanek, Ljubicic, Davydenko, Robredo, Blake, Montanes ,Nalbandian, Schuettler, Hewitt, Haas, Gicquel, Hernych: Definitely in the down of their careers. I see more than one of this names retiring of tennis after the Olympics.
Actually comparing with this season don't see many of this guys going down . Henrych, Gicquel and Schuettler surely going down and probably retiring but

For Roddick i think, he will have better season than this year, he still cares and will go up .

Nalbandian- i really wish he wins DC next year and with little more effort he could go up

Blake- still see as a decent top 70 player

robredo- for him hopping to go down . putta

Ljubo - you know that this guy will even in his fifties be able to beat choking mugs like almagro, tipsarevic , verdasco and company

My main pick for going down is Fish . See him out of top 30 at the end of next year .

Pleasant surprise could be Isner i think . Maybe could enter top 10
samanosuke is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Great post Fran.

I agree about Ferrer, it will be very tough to back up what he accomplished this season, especially with his style of play. Has a lot to defend during the first couple of months of 2012 as well (Auckland, AO semi, Acapulco).

I still think Federer and Nadal will be dangerous at the slams, it would be suicide for the other guys to dismiss them. Nadal will be confident after securing the Davis Cup for Spain and Federer is playing his best tennis in the last couple of years. Djokovic has to prove he can do this all over again. I'm not so sure he can dominate the game for the extensive periods of time he did this year.

Del Potro, well if he can stay injury free then he will be back in the top 10. I have no doubts about that. Dolgo will always have his issues and I honestly couldn't predict which way he will go next year. Unlimited potential but there are other factors with him.

Out of the younger guys, I see Tomic solidifying his spot in the top 30 at least. I think his inability to adjust to clay will stop him from going a lot higher next year. Once he learns to move better on the surface the other stuff will improve though. He will do well at Wimbledon again, the slice is class and he has the characteristics that can't be taught. Raonic is another one with a lot to defend at the beginning of the year. Will he get found out now the other players are aware of his firepower? Maybe?

Good thread, hope it doesn't get hijacked...
Thanks

There seem to be coming a new generation of Ossies lead by Tomic and possibly Mitchell and Duckworth making some noise. Will see what happens with that.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #10
country flag fran70

Thanks all for your replies.

Possibly you misunderstood me. I don`t see Roger or Rafa falling on the rankings but I think that if Djokovic remains strong, Murray, Delpo and Tsonga coming up maybe they would be unable to win a Slam which is such a possibility due to the reasons mentioned before.

I forgot to mention aswell players that are ranked below the 200 and should be coming back : De Bakker, Marchenko and Farah. De Bakker and Marchenko shouldn`t have troubles to jump back to the top 100 again while Farah can win a couple of CH and stay in the top 150.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
country flag fran70

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Code:
Del Potro- Back to top 5: I believe he is ready to make the jump back to the top 5. He will need to be more consistent  the whole year long and prove it in GS and MS
If he finally stays healthy I will be negatively surprised if he doesn't return to top 5 . Many things will be much clearly immediately after the AO
Code:
All these years I was sure in his slam but now I doubt . This is probably his biggest chance
Code:
Don't know for Tsonga . Just can't imagine him consistent through the year . On good day he can beat anyone but not type of tennis player I like . To me weaker delivery than Delpo + clay mug . don't see him in top 5

Code:
No way . One of overrated players for me . Almost like Gulbis

Code:
Like watch him playing . But big if is he can stay healthy
Code:
potential and my sympathies are here but also not so sure

Code:
I hope never if he continues to play like he is playing right now . bad for tennis if he reaches top 20
Code:
Just if stops to be mom's son
Code:
would be very very happy if these guys make break through . specially for dimitrov . c'mon baby fed

Downs:
Code:
hm... down . for rafa this would mean out of top 2, could happen but still see him winning a slam, mainly because I see Nole going down from this year standards .

For Fed would going down mean out of top 4 . Don't see that . It's more likely that he will win another slam than getting out of top 4 . Still the biggest favorite in Wimbledon for me

Code:
Ferrer: he already gave his best and I can`t see him playing a whole year in the same level as  he did in 2011. I see him out of the top 10 at the end of 2012
Agree 100% . Like the guy and deserves everything he gets but one of the biggest overachievers in last 20 years
Code:
Actually comparing with this season don't see many of this guys going down . Henrych, Gicquel and Schuettler surely going down and probably retiring but

For Roddick i think, he will have better season than this year, he still cares and will go up .

Fish had an extraordinary year qualifying for the WTF and finishing in the top 10. He mature late and with a smart schedule he can have a descent year. Among players from the US is the one I like the most.

Nalbandian- i really wish he wins DC next year and with little more effort he could go up

Blake- still see as a decent top 70 player

robredo- for him hopping to go down . putta

Ljubo - you know that this guy will even in his fifties be able to beat choking mugs like almagro, tipsarevic , verdasco and company

My main pick for going down is Fish . See him out of top 30 at the end of next year .

Pleasant surprise could be Isner i think . Maybe could enter top 10
Hi Samanosuke

Thanks for your reply. Well, I don`t see Roddick returning back to the top 10 again. Actually being ranked 14 is very good but this guy doesn`t tolerate frustration and to be off of the best doesn`t go with him. I see him in the fall aswell.

Nalbandian is over. Definitely his best days are gone. Hard to say if he will finish his career with a DC trophy on his hands (as you well said he deserves it but I don`t see that going to happen unfortunately.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody kill the code tags
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #13
country flag Egreen

Egreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond reputeEgreen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Dear all,

Ups
Del Potro- Back to top 5: I believe he is ready to make the jump back to the top 5. He will need to be more consistent the whole year long and prove it in GS and MS

Downs:
Ferrer: he already gave his best and I can`t see him playing a whole year in the same level as he did in 2011. I see him out of the top 10 at the end of 2012

Cheers,

Fran
Who do you think will win the AO, FO, Wimbledon and the USO?
Egreen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
country flag fran70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egreen View Post
Who do you think will win the AO, FO, Wimbledon and the USO?
Too early to say : I would like to see the draws and how players arrive the previous weeks to each tournament. What about you? Any picture how things would be like in 2012?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
country flag Doc14

Doc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond reputeDoc14 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2012-Ups & downs in the rankings, young guns and others

Ups
Tsonga will go 1 spot or into top3 if he can maintain a regular standard of play throughout the season
Del potro shoud be back into top 8 and at LOndon nex year
Federer & NAdal will have a better season next year
Raonic dolgopolov will be top 20
Hewitt Haas back in top 100
Ferrero and nalbandian will stay briefly into top 30 due to 1 title/final on clay

Downs
Ferrer Almagro will be just inside top 20
Soderling will have problems coming back from mono so could be out of top 20
Fish has accomplishe his presence at season ending tournament so he might let it go for a while and slip just inside top20
Schuettler Clement and even Haas will retire after olympics
Doc14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote