2011 What Would You Change About MTF? thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #61
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 What Would You Change About MTF? thread

Can we get a new forum skin for MTF?
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #62
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Ban all the boring crappy trolls, which means about 98% of the regular posters.
you would be the first one banned if that was put in place.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #63
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I believe sadly it was my post that set off the whole thing about the word R**E.

Re: What are your thoughts on abortion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz
I'm disappointed that all of you overlooked the only encouraging and positive post in this thread:
I couldn't pick up the quote you were quoting, but the reason a lot of doctors won't do procedures like that when a person is very young is because later in life they may change their minds. That happened to a cousin of mine. My feelings on abortion is only if the mother's life is in danger and in the case of ****. The Forum rightly doesn't like that word, but I think all of you can figure it out.

I'm sorry I posted it now.

I like the idea of unlimited Reps. There have been so many times I have seen an excellent post and wanted to do a good Rep, but got the message I couldn't Rep that person.

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #64
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Yep, it's that time of year again where we ask you what you would like to see in order to improve MTF.
Not that it'll do any good but at least we can vent:

Stop the needless censorship of certain words. Better yet, make word censorship available in the user CP so individuals can edit accordingly.

Do something about the servers, I'm tired of MTF always going down whenever a big match has just finished and nobody can sign on.

Stop trying to compete with the trashy WTA forums, this is a classier joint.

Stop the arbitrary closing/moving/deleting of threads and posts.

There should be an image size or line limit in signatures, some of them are way too big.

Stop banning funny trolls like the Magician and keeping double account idiots like Misterman around.

Wishing death on somebody or a player shouldn't be a bannable offense. Come on, now.

Remove AJ as a general moderator. Is MTF admin out of its mind?

That's it for now.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #65
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I'm all for this. Would be a nice change and this one still looks unprofessional in many ways.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #66
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I'm all for this. Would be a nice change and this one still looks unprofessional in many ways.
I still use the original blue one.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #67
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
My feelings on abortion is only if the mother's life is in danger and in the case of ****. The Forum rightly doesn't like that word, but I think all of you can figure it out.

I'm sorry I posted it now.

Don't be sorry. It is the fact that it appears as asterisks that actually made the word a cause celebrate. If it had appeared as written in the NT forums nobody would have blinked.

The fact that it was being misused in GM is a problem for the mods to sort out.

If I started the discussion it was because I was unaware if its use in GM by some juvenile posters, in a context that would never have occurred to me.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #68
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I was also unaware that it had been used in any other way or place in the Forum, but I don't like my posts to stir things up around here.

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #69
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Can you ban certain posters in certain parts of the forum .
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #70
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
Can you ban certain posters in certain parts of the forum .

Sapeod should be banned from posting in any Nadal related thread.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #71
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Bring back the skins premium members had in 2006.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:50 AM   #72
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
yes yes yes

A new color please instead of the blue layout.
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:39 AM   #73
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

- Keep funny trolling threads
- Unlimited rep
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:17 AM   #74
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Unlimited repping. Pisses me off when I like a post and cant send an appreciation word. Yes, with the risk of some Brassica oleracea going mental....
This

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:34 AM   #75
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a way to "like" a specific post or a reply in a thread (something like a facebook system) ? I lurk around on this forum a lot and it would be nice to have a way to like/recommend specific posts which are informative and/or funny and maybe even "dislike" ones which drag a thread down the drain..
noddzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote