2012 MTF Predictions for Canadian Tennis - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which Canadian Player will have the best 2012 season?

Milos Raonic 4 66.67%
Vasek Pospisil 0 0%
Frank Dancevic 1 16.67%
Peter Polansky 1 16.67%
Pierre-Ludovic Duclos 0 0%
Phil Bester 0 0%
Erik Chvojka 0 0%
Steven Diez 0 0%
Filip Peliwo 0 0%
Daniel Nestor 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012 MTF Predictions for Canadian Tennis

Let's make our 2012 predictions for Canadian tennis here - and try and be more accurate than last year

Here are mine - I see 2012 as a good season overall for Canadian tennis, but with far fewer breakthroughs than this year. It will more likely establish most of our guys at the level they are currently at. My guess is if anyone builds up his ranking the most, it will be Peter.

Davis Cup
We will lose a close tie to France, but win the playoff and stay in the World Group

Milos Raonic
Will finish the year ranked 24 and establish himself in the top 30. Will have some trouble defending all the early points from the AO and San Jose and Memphis and have his ranking drop but win another title during the summer hardcourt series as well as one indoor tournament at the end of the year. Will additionally reach at least one GS Round of 16 (US Open) and one semi-final for a Masters level tournament (Cincinnati). Will have a strong Olympics but just fail to get a medal.

Vasek Pospisil
Will crack the top 100 and finish the year ranked 75. Will suffer early disappointment by not qualifying for the Australian Open but will consistently improve and establish himself at the ATP level. Will partner with Nestor to win a bronze medal at the Olympics.

Frank Dancevic
Will benefit from moving to Europe as a base and finish the year ranked 105 gaining entry to the 2013 AO. Frank will qualify for more GS and have some nice results on the challenger level but will battle health issues again and find it hard to consistently win matches at the ATP level. Will make up with Tennis Canada and return to Davis Cup play.

Pierre-Ludovic Duclos
Will find it hard to improve his ranking and drop to 320 by year end. Results will be better on the doubles circuit.

Peter Polansky
This will be Peter's comeback year. He will finish 120 after qualifying and winning a match at the Australian Open and improving his consistency at the challenger level.

Erik Chjovka
Will also find it hard to improve on 2011 and finish 289 in the rankings. The step up to challengers will prove difficult and Erik will find more success on the futures level.

Steven Diez
Will see slight improvement and finish the season ranked 265. Will have some solid results on clay challengers and futures but wont make enough of a leap to get to the ATP level.

Phil Bester
If he can stay healthy will crack the top 200. But I unfortunately think he will suffer another injury but will finish the season strong at US challengers - one of which he will reach the final.

Filip Peliwo
Will continue to improve his results and firmly establish himself as a promising future talent for Canadian tennis

Daniel Nestor
Will have a good season again, punctuated by a strong Olympics and bronze medal. With more chemistry with Mirnyi they will win Wimbledon.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 MTF Predictions for Canadian Tennis

My predictions

Davis Cup - We lose 4-1 to France but we win our playoff tie to stay back in the World Group for the following year.

Milos Raonic - Milos will have a good solid season. He will win 2 titles next season and reach 1 more final. He will reach quarters or semis of 2012 Rogers Cup. His grand slams results will include a 3rd round showing at the French, 4th round showing at Wimbledon, a 4th round showing at Aussie Open and quarterfinal showing at US Open. His titles will probably be indoor titles. He will finish top 25 without question.

Vasek Pospisil - Vasek will crack the top 100 next season and stay there for the whole season. He will even finish in the top 100. He will have moderate success on the atp level at the very least and he will make the 4th round of the US Open.

Frank Dancevic - He will have a slightly better season next season. He will qualify for all the Slams and win a 1st round at least once in one of the 4 slams. He will have marginal success on the atp level. He will win a challenger next season that will give him confidence. He will finish probably top 130.

Peter Polansky - Peter will make a comeback next season and will qualify for the US Open next season but lose in the first round. He will have moderate success on the challenger level and attempt to qualify for some atp level events. His ranking will go up and his form will improve. He will finish the season in the top 200.

Pierre Ludovic Duclos - He will bounce around from futures to challengers events. He will finish somewhere in top 350.

Erik Chvojka - Erik will have a similar season to Pierre. He will finish somewhere around top 350.

Phillip Bester - Phillip will finish in top 300 and have moderate results on the challenger/futures level.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i guess ill try my hand..although i was only really close with peter and frank last season

Davis Cup
will lose the tie to france something like 4-1

Milos Raonic
will struggle to defend the points he earned early on in the season and will suffer an earlier exit at the australian and will take a small tumble down but will regain his ranking during the summer season and will win another title. will make a deep run at the rogers cup will make his 2nd grand slam 4r at the US open. will crack top 20..ending around 15.

Vasek Pospisil
might crack the top 100..not really sure about him. he could end up being one of those players who gets close but then stays there forever only to not get in

Frank Dancevic
will have a similar year to this year. will find patches of form that will see him make deep runs at tournaments. will get close to the top 100 but i dont think he'll break in.

Pierre-Ludovic Duclos
will have trouble defending the points he earned and will take a spill down the rankings

Peter Polansky
will continue to struggle. will qualify for grand slams but not all of them and will be disappointed early by not qualifying for the AO. will finish somewhere like 130

Erik Chjovka
will take a tumble, not able to build on what he's done this year

Steven Diez
i dont know..like vasek im not really sure what to expect of him. he will continue to have success on the futures circuit. id like to see him take on more challengers though because you cant play futures forever

Phil Bester
he's becoming frank v.2 witgh the injuroes holding him back. I thought this year he'd make somewhat of a break through. Ill make almost the same prediction last year and say he'll play more challengers but injuries will probably hold him back again

Filip Peliwo
cant really make a predcition since i dont really follow juniors that closely excapt at the grand slams themselves

Daniel Nestor
i found this season to be pretty inconsistent for him. he and max did struggle for a sizable chunk of it. I think , with him and max being more comfortable with each other they will have a better season. they will win a grand slam..either wimbledon or the australian.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
country flag 2eazy

2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute

Im abit more optimistic for canadian tennis then most i guess

Davis cup: we lose 5-0

Milos will end the year at 25

Vasek will end the year between 60-90

frank will finish around the 100 mark

polansky will finish between 100-150

PlD mid to low 200s

steve diaz low 300s
2eazy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
country flag dancy_fan

dancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Davis cup: we win 3-2 or we lose 3-2 against France

Milos will end the year at 45-50

Vasek will end the year between 60-90

Frank will finish the year between 60-90

Polansky will finish between 100-150

PlD mid to low 200s

Steve Diaz low 300s
dancy_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
country flag Dudisela75

Dudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond reputeDudisela75 has a reputation beyond repute

Davis Cup
4-1 loss to France.

Milos Raonic
Continues to progress and will defend most of his points. He will have a hugh summer and finish in the top 15.

Vasek Pospisil
Starts the year well on the challenger tour and eventually becomes full time ATP player. Will finish around 80.

Frank Dancevic
Has similar season to this season, has great tournaments and terrible early losses. Will qualify for 2-3 grand slams. Will finish around 150.

PLD
Plays consistently on challenger tour. He will rise as high as 220 but will end up at 280.

Peter Polansky
Has a huge season with few points to defend. Wins first challenger title and begins to play ATP qualifying. Will finish around 120.

Erik Chovjka
He will not move around to much in the rankings. Will finish around 275

Steven Diez
He will continue to slowly move up the rankings by winning 2-3 futures. Will finish around 325.

Philip Bester
If healthy he can reach top 250.
Dudisela75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Davis Cup
I'm optimistic. France has 3 of their players signed up for Montpellier the week before so maybe like last year most of their lineup won't play the first round. I'd say we lose to Tsonga both of his matches, but win the other 2 singles, and win the doubles. We will then go on to lose to the Swiss 3-2. Milos beating Wawrinka, and winning the doubles.

Milos Raonic
Will start off the year with a bang, winning Chennai, and making the QF of the Australian Open. Will also defend his San Jose Title. Will go on a bit of a slump then though, winning only 2 clay matches all spring, and lose RG round 1. He will rebound with a Wimbledon 4th round apperance, win one of the US Open series 250 events, a make round 3 at the Rogers Cup before losing his first match against Federer there in 3 sets. He will make the Semis in the Olympics losing both the semis, and the bronze medal game, and leave without a medal. This will bum him out a bit and lead to a shocking round 1 loss at the US Open. He will then lose a coule early rounds before making the SF in Paris which will leave him ranked 9th overall, just on the outside of the WTF.

Vasek Pospisil
Will break the top 100 early in the year, and start to play ATP events more consistently. He won't do very well in those events however, making only the 2nd round 3 in 6 events, and will go back a play a few more challengers. He will make the 3rd round at Wimbledon, which will get his confidence up and he will go back to playing more ATP events. His ranking won't get him into the singles in the London olympics but he will play doubles with Nestor and get a bronze. A late withdrawal from the singles however will get him in as an alternate a la Niemeyer in 2008. He will lose in round 1. he will have a solid finish to the year and finish ranked 68.

Frank Dancevic
The feud with Tennis Canada will continue. he won't play Davis Cup nor the Rogers Cup. he will play mostly european challengers all year and finish the year ranked 113.

Pierre-Ludovic Duclos
Will shock a seed in the Aussie Open qualies round 1, but that will pretty much be the highlight of his season. Won't play many qualies of ATP events, will win a few matches in challengers and his ranking will drop to 298

Peter Polansky
Peter will have a bounceback year. Qualify for 2 grand slams and finally win a match in one of them. Will win the Rimouski challenger, and will win a match at the Rogers Cup as well. Will finish the year ranked 135

Erik Chjovka
Will have an average season, nothing special, just consistent challenger results. Will get another WC at the Rogers cup due to Frank's feud with Tennis Canada but will lose handily to a seed. Will win a match in a grand slam qualies though I don't kn ow which one. Will finish the year 266

Steven Diez
Will improve a bit but not much. Will get a couple clay challenger wins, win a few more clay futures. Finish the year 361

Phil Bester
He will come back from his injury very rusty, going on a 5 match losing streak. He will rebound however make a challenger final, and finish the year ranked 201

Filip Peliwo
Will turn pro, and will start to play more futures than junior tournaments. Will make the quarters of the junior Aussie open, lose round 1 at the french, make the final of Wimbledon, and will make the quarters of the US Open. He will make the final of 3 futures events and finish the year ranked 591

Daniel Nestor
Will have a decent season, will win Wimbledon again, but will strugle in the other Grand Slams. Him and Mirnyi will be passed in the rankings by Llodra and Zimonjic but they will be 5 and 6 respectively. He will win Olympic silver with vasek

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
country flag RogerExpress

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute

Davis Cup:

3-2 lose against France, but you keep in the World Group winning in september

Milos Raonic

If injuries respect him I think he will finish 15-20, 2 ATP titles and QF at the US Open

Vasek Pospisil

In terms of rankings 50-60, maybe 1 or 2 SF at ATP level, will get direct entry to Roland Garros

Frank Dancevic

I don't see Frank having a good season, out of Top 200

Peter Polansky

He'll make a good run in 2 o 3 tournaments in a row and this will allow him finish in Top 150

I don't give opinion about the other guys because I don't know them enough
RogerExpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #9

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Only 6 votes
Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #10
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

when you mean best in the poll do you mean best compared to expectations? because if it's based on results no way will Peter exceed Milos

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
country flag 156mphserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Milos Raonic
Will start off the year with a bang, winning Chennai, and making the QF of the Australian Open. Will also defend his San Jose Title. Will go on a bit of a slump then though, winning only 2 clay matches all spring, and lose RG round 1. He will rebound with a Wimbledon 4th round apperance, win one of the US Open series 250 events, a make round 3 at the Rogers Cup before losing his first match against Federer there in 3 sets. He will make the Semis in the Olympics losing both the semis, and the bronze medal game, and leave without a medal. This will bum him out a bit and lead to a shocking round 1 loss at the US Open. He will then lose a coule early rounds before making the SF in Paris which will leave him ranked 9th overall, just on the outside of the WTF.

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #12

Modest as usual 156