Last Stop at S.A- Acapulco- Hoping for a good showing Gilles! - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #211
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter 2012 Australian Season

another horror story to start the year. so many problems with his game the past year, but maybe the worst is the fact that even as a top 10 player he gets no respect from others and there's absolutely no fear factor when he walk up to court. if a player ranked 200+ manages to take 2 sets from him, i'm pretty sure all the other players are more than happy to see Simon's name in the draw. and why shouldn't they, every single game he would give his opponent plenty of chances to get back into the match, even if the unthinkable has happened and he plays good from the start. I mean, he can't (mentally more than ability, i feel) do a simple 1-2 after the serve and keep the other guy under pressure, he would have to feed him 5 shots at least to get them both into some sort of rythm instead of going cut-throat, or something a bit more occupying. even in Hamburg where he won he couldn't get a straight sets win (maybe the first round). anyway, terribly depressing, cause when you watch him, even though he is a small guy relatively, you feel he can do more - but his lack of intelligence in the game (and i'm sorry, he plays very stupidly most of the time, though his opponents like to comment him as a "smart" player - bs, hitting back the ball isn't smart, i.e the match against Isner) would kill him every time. I just hope he manages to climb out of this situation and play a bit more like a player who nobody wants to play against. or for me to find someone new to like...

or just fire his coach and get a new one. who knows, maybe they have reached their top together.

allez, top five until wimbledon!

p.s. anyone did a statistic of the points he takes from GS and Masters events compared to the other top 20? i'll check it and have a feeling he's going to be poorly ranked in that departent.
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #212
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with almost everything you said in that post. I think he might need to get a new coach as well. Obviously he's loyal to Tulasne but I think he needs a different perspective right now because what he's doing is not working. I can't count how many times he had the upper hand in a point in that first set and lost because he wasn't putting the ball away even though we know he's capable of doing so.

Anyway, I'm critical because I want to see him do his best. Hopefully he turns it around in the spring.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #213
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Simon

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #214
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

This result is surely a bitter disappointment to all, especially to Gilles, he has set pts for both set 1 & 2 and he blew them. It’s time for him to reassess his games in both tactical and mental aspects, especially if he’s aiming to win big tournaments, time is running out. But then again, didn't he mention recently about wanting to change, and play more offensively? so he may have a new plan already. It's just a matter of whether if he's able to make that change. I think the recent problem is that he is indecisive in what way he should play. At the moment, he seems to be a bit lost on court when he’s down, to me is that he’s a bit confused on what approach he needs to use, should he sticks with his old style to steady the ship, or should he changes to be aggressive to change things up. When I watch his match against Dolgo, he tried to play very aggressive at the end, but he just keep missing. So then the next couple of matches, he’s getting a bit apprehensive when hitting offensive shots (OMG, those overheads all came back to bite him). Hence, poor choices at wrong moments, that just to me means his mind is a bit clouded.

We can’t expect him to turn offense overnite, but he’s in no man land at the moment, it’s painful to watch. I think he needs to finally feel comfortable to take charge at key moments of the game, right now he is not. I don’t know how he can get himself there, I hope he and his team will work out a way. Maybe just decide on 1 way of playing and stick to it throughout the match regardless of whether it works or not. So then he can train himself to a certain mindset?

I would agree that a new coach maybe needed in order to facilitate changes. But I’m an old-school really, which loyalty is kind of important. Tutu is very loyal to Gilles, he said he would love to be the DC captain but if it interferes with his duty to Gilles, then he won’t take it. So naturally, I don’t mind if Gilles is also loyal to Tutu. I guess, bottomline is what are Gilles’ priorities. If he keeps Tutu, can’t say I will disagree with his choice. He need to sort his mess out, if changing coach is not an option for him, then find other ways, talk to a shrink (although he's very oppose to the idea of a shrink). Or, he is already doing sth, I don’t know, I don’t want to assume that he’s not aware of his problems. I mean, I have always been an optimist when it comes to Gilles. He maybe dumb in making those mistakes, but I always trust that he is smart enough to know what mistake he made, whether or not he can correct it is however an entirely different matter, not to mention his stubbornness always stands in the way.

Well, hope he’s not too frustrated, hope he isn’t doubting himself (which would not help matter), hope he bounces back soon. And I still think that it's a matter of belief, more than anything.

Btw, I have R2 match. There was a massive power outage here, I just turn my computer on for the first time since Gilles’ match end at 4ish am couple days ago. So, I will upload the match as soon as I can. I’m sure you guys are dying to see it, or…maybe not.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #215
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Lala.
You somehow always find the words for the things I want to say, but can't put in writing.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #216
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilloulou View Post
p.s. anyone did a statistic of the points he takes from GS and Masters events compared to the other top 20? i'll check it and have a feeling he's going to be poorly ranked in that departent.

Well, I have just that.
Code:
Rank	Player	GS	1000	500	250	WTF	Points	Title
5	Ferrer	900	1240	1625	400	400	4565	2
6	Tsonga	1350	1205	570	500	800	4425	3
7	Berdych	640	1620	860	180	400	3700	1
8	Fish	675	1530	360	400		2965	1
9	Tipsy	550	620	230	1100	200	2700	2
10	DelPo	720	630	540	740		2630	2
11	Almagro	290	560	780	750		2380	3
12	Gilles	495	605	680	225		2005	1
13	Monfils	585	415	480	490		1970	1
14	Soda	450	450	540	500		1940	3
15	Lopez	640	730	245	275		1890	
16	Gasquet	585	865	315	90		1855	
17	Isner	505	605	190	500		1800	2
18	Dolgo	370	480	180	730		1760	1
19	Roddick	495	400	580	270		1745	1
20	Nishi	425	465	345	445		1680
Rolling 12 months stat based on the ranking points to be on 1/30/2012.

Last edited by lalaland : 01-25-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #217
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

GS pt avg GS br Masters avg BR
1 djokovic 6,720 1,680 W 5,780 826 W
2 nadal 4,760 1,190 W 3,680 460 W
3 federer 3,000 750 F 2,620 328 W
4 murray 3,360 840 F 3,020 336 W
5 ferrer 1,260 315 SF 1,840 263 F
6 tsoga 1,260 315 SF 1,250 139 F
7 berdych 640 160 Q 1,710 190 S
8 fish 675 169 Q 1,530 191 F
9 tipsarevic 505 126 Q 620 103 S
10 almagro 270 68 R16 560 70 Q
11 potro 405 101 R16 630 126 S
12 soderling 630 210 Q 450 113 Q
13 dolgopolov 640 160 Q 480 60 Q
14 simon 495 124 R16 695 77 Q
15 monfils 585 146 Q 505 101 Q
16 roddick 630 210 Q 400 57 Q
17 isner 505 126 Q 605 86 SF
18 gasquet 495 124 R16 955 119 SF
19 lopez 505 126 Q 730 91 SF
20 cilic 290 73 R16 490 54 QF

well i hope i didnt mix up anything calculating, in my head :P

anyway, gilou is the worst in the top 20 when it comes to best result in GS and masters (1 R16 and 1 QF).

points taken from GS: 16-17 with Gasquet. same result in avg points taken from GS.

points taken from masters 1,000: surprises with no.13, but on avg he drops to number 16, only players to do a poorer job are almagro, dolgo, roddick and cilic.

even monfils do much better than he.

well no big surprises, but still very disappointing to see.

where does he go next btw?

Last edited by Gilloulou : 01-21-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #218
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully he'll work out whatever is going on on he'll get back to playing good tennis soon enough

the loss hurt but given form going in between the 2 i guess not toally unexpected
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #219
country flag Gilloulou

i dont know how to insert a table here but if you hit reply it all makes sense lol
Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #220
country flag lalaland

So conclusion is, Gilles sucks?
btw, it's 2 R16 in GS (RG, USO) and 2 QF in Masters (Miami, Cincy). But who's counting.

Well, he is what he is. I wish he is like Nole, but he is only Gillou, what can you do?

Next, moving on to Montpellier.
Not sure if we need a new thread, since DownUnder is over. But I'm dry out of ideas for new thread name now. Maybe just a 2012 Season thread that runs the whole year long? Maybe Gillouthe Best can just change this thread name to last the whole year?

Last edited by lalaland : 01-21-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #221
country flag lalaland

Default Re: Winter/Spring Indoor Season: First Stop: Montpellier

Ok, this must sound like I was looking for an excuse for his suckness, but it's not. It's more like: it wasn't as bad as I thought. Last week when I was watching his match, I wondered what the hell happened to his serve, cos he's rolling the ball in. I was a bit annoyed thinking that everything is going backward for him now, including that damn serve which is not even that good at the first place. Well, turned out it's that neck problem again. TBH, it wasn't much of a relief to know that he wasn't really regressing, but his neck problem is recurring in an alarming frequency.

Anyway, I completely forget to read the post-match stuffs at L'Equipe last week, now that I remembered...

GILLES SIMON:« Si je gagne l’un des deux premiers sets, je pense que je gagne le match. Remporter un set en sauvant des balles de set, ça arrive, mais deux d’affilée ( il parle de Benneteau), c’est exceptionnel. Je ne me reproche rien, je me suis battu jusqu’au bout, j’ai fait ce que j’ai pu et j’ai eu une bonne attitude, mais quand tu ne peux pas servir à plus de 130 km/h (il s’est bloqué le cou mardi de la semaine dernière), c’est dur de gagner un match. On a vu la différence avec un joueur en confiance, qui a sorti des bons coups et des volées réflexes dans des moments importants. Au cinquième set, il a été meilleur que moi. Il a bien sauvé ses jeux de service au début du dernier set. J’aurais préféré arriver mieux préparé plutôt que d’arriver avec le dos bloqué pour la troisième fois d’affilée en Grand Chelem. Mais bravo à lui. » – R. Te. Jan 20th, 2012.

Is it really nothing to reproach? emmm, Gilles, I hope deep down you are kicking yourself .

BTW, he was fined $1500 for code violation, Julien was fined $2500 for the same thing in that match. , the audiences should be allowed to share the fines since they suffered an earful that nite.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #222
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
BTW, he was fined $1500 for code violation, Julien was fined $2500 for the same thing in that match. , the audiences should be allowed to share the fines since they suffered an earful that nite.
Was it that bad? I didn't hear it in the ten minutes I could watch.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #223
country flag lalaland

I heard Gilles, I didn't hear Julien's (I didn't watch the 3rd/4th set). Well, you know Gilles, he yelled whenever he got frustrated, which was plenty often. It's a miracle he doesn't get code violations in a regular basis. But I guess he usually just yelled sth mild like "I can't do this or I don't know how to play or I'm an idiot "... nothing too obscene to get a violation. then I again, what do I know what he yelled in French .

Last edited by lalaland : 01-25-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #224
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles will play doubles with Mannarino in Montpellier, they face Mahut/ERV on R1. Good that he's playing dubs again, he stopped playing them since Cincy 2011, only to play Brisbane in January. Hope he is fully fit, the constant back/neck problems must be frustrating
Old 01-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #225
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Draw in Montpellier:

Lopez(5)- Kunitsyn
Rufin- Pospisil
Cipolla-Qualifier
Simon- Bye

Good draw, good R2 I think, and then Lopez could be tough. SF potential opponent is Gael.

Allez Gilles !