Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 64 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #946
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - August tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
In reality the season is almost over. We'll just work our way through the remainder of it and then we'll have to sit down look over things in the winter. Who's interested in managing, who's interested in being on the board etc...
I’m sorry but I think that’s entirely the wrong approach to take – we have 4 months of the year left:-

Where are we now – Gavin has gone, Labamba hasn’t done anything as far as I can see since I got involved with Managing last year, Martin is going. So we’re at 40% already

Even with 100% last year there’s topics that were missed in the TT Changes thread.

It’s ridiculous to wait that long – there’s vacancies now – get them filled now with people who want to contribute to game and are willing to put themselves forward – what's the point in limbo for 4 months
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #947
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
My interpretation here would be:
There is one match in which both teams forgot to send (although it is only one of the 2 players), so the LL will play each other there. And I guess you won't change the draw. But that is just my opinion!
I agree with Ruben. I think the fact that it is a 2 day round means that only paras 1 and 2 apply and there is no change in the draw.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #948
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute

Martin we all love you here - please stay on the board...
Tennis tipping would not be the same without you... In my opinion Adey and you brought the game to a whole new level...
And Adey you have been by far the best manager since I've been playing

Come on guys rethink your decisions

We would all really much appreciate of u stayed!
TTS:#162 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #132 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #949
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
My interpretation here would be:
There is one match in which both teams forgot to send (although it is only one of the 2 players), so the LL will play each other there. And I guess you won't change the draw. But that is just my opinion!
Ruben is right here
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #950
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingroger View Post
In my opinion Adey and you brought the game to a whole new level...
And Adey you have been by far the best manager since I've been playing

Come on guys rethink your decisions
Thank you for saying that, I'm just not sure – I’d always PM Martin or Gav over issues, things that would bug me – and god love them – they’d always put up with me when I must have driven them insane and Gav would usually sort it – I just don’t really see what’s the point of me putting all the time and effort in that I do for this, when there’s no Board Members left now that will deal with things like that the way they did.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #951
country flag Tristanslav

Tristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have a look at managing, if it's required. I'd only, realistically be able to do certain time zones, and wouldn't be available for any tournaments this side of the US open, but have no problem contributing, as long as people accept that I won't be quite as impressive as Adey (who better not quit, he's a TT managing machine!!)

But, happy to try and help out, if it keeps the game alive. As it were.

Let me know.

SINGLES : FINAL UMAG 2012
WINNER SAN MARINO 2012 CH
DOUBLES :
WINNER FERGANA 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER PRAGUE 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER SAN MARINO 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER MARRAKECH 2012 CH W/IGORCHE
WINNER BRAUNSCHWEIG 2012 CH W/ORANGEHAT
Tristanslav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #952
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Just to give a bit of background behind my decision.

I decided to resign from the Board a couple of weeks ago. Initially I thought I would wait until the end of the year but then decided that it would be better to go immediately so that any replacement would be able to join before the end of season discussions and being to fully contribute towards that. There wasn’t one overriding reason why I decided to leave. I think my enthusiasm for TT has started to wane for a while now that my involvement with the board felt more like a chore than something fun. Having been involved in the game for so long, I also wanted the chance to just be able to play the game for a while without having to get involved in any “off-the-field” issues. I have told the rest of the board that I will continue to play the game and do the rankings until the end of this year at least. Beyond that I haven’t decided yet, but it’s possible that I need a complete break from TT. I don’t want to be that person who leaves but is always in the background overshadowing the new people.

I personally think the game is in great shape and that there are very few changes that would significantly enhance the game if implemented. I think the remaining board members have contributed so much over years to make the game run smoothly and they still do a lot of work behind the scenes to ensure that it carries on. This is going to be a tough period for them so please try and assist them by giving them your full support.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #953
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Gav,
Can I ask if that promise that you made to me regarding the issue in the TT Changes thread of last year being missed and now to be up for discussion this time is still going to honoured?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #954
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

you're right, it was the wrong approach to take. So I recommend AdeyC to be on the board immediately
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #955
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you're right, it was the wrong approach to take. So I recommend AdeyC to be on the board immediately
I agree. If Gavin is going to quit immediately the Board to make way to other members, Adey has been one of the most active and collaborating TT users, so he entirely deserves it (if he wants to apply, of course).

But don't let this die until off-season, it would be a waste of time and energy.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #956
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
I agree. If Gavin is going to quit immediately the Board to make way to other members, Adey has been one of the most active and collaborating TT users, so he entirely deserves it (if he wants to apply, of course).

But don't let this die until off-season, it would be a waste of time and energy.
It wouldn't die. We still have managers and we still have Broader and keq around.
Plus I'd love for Martin to stay.. I think he was just upset yesterday.

Championships:
Old 07-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #957
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I’m not sure if you were taking the piss out of me there or not.

Quote:

But I know you’re not
Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #958
country flag justafanYYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I’m not sure if you were taking the piss out of me there or not.
Absolutely not. I suggested to look at the board situations in the off-season but you stated that it was the wrong approach and we should be looking at this now.

Upon reflection, you are correct, we should be adding new members to the board immediately and who better to add than you who have put so much into the game since you started managing.

Championships:
Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #959
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Absolutely not. I suggested to look at the board situations in the off-season but you stated that it was the wrong approach and we should be looking at this now.

Upon reflection, you are correct, we should be adding new members to the board immediately and who better to add than you who have put so much into the game since you started managing.
I’m am so sorry, forgive me - I wasn’t meaning to be funny – it’s just that it’s been a weird 24 hours for me – I’ve gone from upset that the two board members I liked have left just like that and thinking of quitting managing myself - to annoyed that it doesn’t appear that the word that one of those board member gave me is going to be honoured by the rump left – to confusion that I’m getting urged to push myself forwards.

Quote:

Well of course I’d go for it if the chance arose, who wouldn’t – that’s why I started doing interviews and stuff in the first place for every players in events – to make everyone welcome and to enjoy the game and want to keep playing it, there’s nothing more pleasing to me to get a new player enter an event of mine, watch how they handle the joke questions and then see them amazed that they’ve been interviewed in their first ever tournament, say it was fun, etc. I want to see 500+ players in the rankings lists by the end of the year and things like that help.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #960
country flag Tristanslav

Tristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond repute

Adey, im coming up to my tt anniversary of one year and it would be a crying shame if you packed it in. Your tourneys are a pleasure to play in and im not alone in that opinion, i assure you

SINGLES : FINAL UMAG 2012
WINNER SAN MARINO 2012 CH
DOUBLES :
WINNER FERGANA 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER PRAGUE 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER SAN MARINO 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER MARRAKECH 2012 CH W/IGORCHE
WINNER BRAUNSCHWEIG 2012 CH W/ORANGEHAT
Tristanslav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote