Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #931
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - August tournaments available

Martin

On a unrelated note, I guess that now is as good a time as any to announce that, after 6 and a half years, I have resigned from the TT board. I believe the remaining board members are doing a great job and the future of the game is in great hands with them at the helm
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #932
country flag Shaddad

Shaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond reputeShaddad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Yes absolutely, at Wimbledon I was the singles manager - the OOP was posted in inch high letters to post to both managers and there's still players who only sent to one of us. One player even said that they didn't want to bother me as they were only in the doubles!!!. We had a situation where the other manager was unavailable for over a day and I didn't have their picks, so couldnt confirm a result. It was lucky it was the Saturday and in the end the two players forwarded the picks to me on the middle Sunday.
I'd like to apologize again for it.The Wimbledon 2012 is the first GS in which I have participated in a very real sense. And my partner and I were not very familiar with the rules and took it for granted that we were allowed to send our doubles picks to Marto only but didn't expect the unforeseen circumstance. When I saw your message then got to know Marto's illness,I had just arrived at my home at the midnight on Sunday in China after the two-days train trip. Sorry for not replying to you in time.

I hope you will pardon me..and we won't make the same mistake again.
Shaddad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #933
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddad View Post
I'd like to apologize again for it.The Wimbledon 2012 is the first GS in which I have participated in a very real sense. And my partner and I were not very familiar with the rules and took it for granted that we were allowed to send our doubles picks to Marto only but didn't expect the unforeseen circumstance. When I saw your message then got to know Marto's illness,I had just arrived at my home at the midnight on Sunday in China after the two-days train trip. Sorry for not replying to you in time.

I'm pretty sure you weren't the only person who did that ...

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #934
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddad View Post

No worries - I was just using that as an example (hence not naming names)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
Martin

On a unrelated note, I guess that now is as good a time as any to announce that, after 6 and a half years, I have resigned from the TT board. I believe the remaining board members are doing a great job and the future of the game is in great hands with them at the helm
This gets worse and worse - not sure I really want to continue Managing now.

So who is left now then - who do we address any issues/concerns to - just Boarder and keqt???

(P.S. Also meant to say - Sorry to see you go)

Last edited by AdeyC : 07-22-2012 at 04:00 PM.
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #935
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

Do not say goodbye Martin.

I can't do 10 events in a year like you.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #936
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to know that we are rude (or considered as moaning ) for wanting the rules to be clear and cut instead of being interpreted left and right. There's no need to leave the board. It's probably better for moaners to not play because it's just a game and we should not be anywhere serious or logical about the game, mechanics, rules or anything and always appreciate someone is making an effort to host them and stop complaining.

Tennis Tipping and the board can stay however it wants and see no more rude moans from coolfish1103. Will just play the game, eat what's given, or not play the game and move on. Sorry for moaning here.

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013/14 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #937
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Martin and Gavin...

How say a brazilian music:
"do not go..."
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #938
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
This gets worse and worse - not sure I really want to continue Managing now.

So who is left now then - who do we address any issues/concerns to - just Boarder and keqt???

(P.S. Also meant to say - Sorry to see you go)
If you stop managing, who will do interviews!?

In reality the season is almost over. We'll just work our way through the remainder of it and then we'll have to sit down look over things in the winter. Who's interested in managing, who's interested in being on the board etc...

I do not believe the players were rude, they were just addressing an issue that was unclear to them. Now that the OOP issue has been cleared we can move forward.

6 and a half years is a long time for Gav. He deserves a break. I hope he still updates the rankings though because none of us have a clue how to do that
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #939
country flag chowdahead25

chowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, if I could make a personal appeal Martin for you not to leave, I really enjoy your presence around here, and I'd really hate to see this game die. Adeyc, dont stop managing, your my favorite haha.

USA

Singles (165) -- Record - Qualifying: 18-14 Main Draw: 13-15 -- W: Gimcheon CH SF: Itajai CH QF: Sarasota CH, Samarkand CH

Doubles (142) -- Record - Qualifying: 19-6 Main Draw: 22-20 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Marseille, Arad CH SF: Itajai CH, Tianjin CH, Marburg CH
chowdahead25 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #940
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyone here who could receive mine and my opponent's picks in Los Angeles? Deadline would be 7 pm CET
Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #941
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

I can. I'll forward them to you after the deadline. I'll be at work killing time
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #942
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdahead25 View Post
Adeyc, dont stop managing, your my favorite haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
If you stop managing, who will do interviews!?
LOL – what can I say to that.
This terrible news changes things a lot for me – I’ll think on it tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:05 AM   #943
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
Just to say at the end of the season we will need 2 or 3 new board members.
Almost sure that I also won't be part from board next year, this is not the game which I started to play 2 years ago, people are very rude and the spirit of the game dissappear.
and that's why I left the TT Board when I did (well, and I felt useless....)

I think you do a really great job though with managing, and obviously it's up to you, but I think players respect you and I hope you continue to manage no matter what happens with being on the Board or not because the game needs people who play with the right spirit around, or else it will be left to the wolves

And Gav, well,

Hopefully there will be great applicants for a new generation of leaders in the game and the remaining board members will choose wisely

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 AM   #944
country flag CoolyBri

CoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond reputeCoolyBri has a reputation beyond repute

I have a sort of weird situation in doubles in Astana.
I have four teams where one player did not send picks.
The #1 seed (playing entry #8),
the #2 seed (playing entry #14),
one other team (playing entry #9)
and team #14 (playing the #2 seed).

I have two LL teams.
How do I place them?
According to the Guide-thread:

1. Check if there are matches where both players didn't send picks. If so, the manager should place a LL there, so there is no win by Ranking.
2. After that, place all Lucky Losers in a way that the best ranked players (entry list rankings) go through to the next round, getting a W/O.
3. After that, if there are any alternates or lucky losers placed against a player/team who didn't send picks, the draw should be adjusted in order to give the byes to the best ranked players who enter the draw directly. The alternates and lucky losers should play their first round matches against the opponents of the players who were given the byes.

So does that mean, I replace team #14 (so there is no match with two missing picks) and the other team (so that team #9 gets an opponent) and after that change the draw, so that the LL team facing the #2 seed has two players on the opposing of the team?
If so, how do I change the draw? Do I move the #2 seed against the #1 seed, so that they (although not sending!, but highest ranked remaining team) have only one opponent?
Do I move the #2 seed against the #3 seed (best team with both players sending)?
Or don't I change the draw at all as it is a 2-day-round and the most matches will be played tomorrow?
CoolyBri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #945
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolyBri View Post
I have a sort of weird situation in doubles in Astana.
I have four teams where one player did not send picks.
The #1 seed (playing entry #8),
the #2 seed (playing entry #14),
one other team (playing entry #9)
and team #14 (playing the #2 seed).

I have two LL teams.
How do I place them?
According to the Guide-thread:

1. Check if there are matches where both players didn't send picks. If so, the manager should place a LL there, so there is no win by Ranking.
2. After that, place all Lucky Losers in a way that the best ranked players (entry list rankings) go through to the next round, getting a W/O.
3. After that, if there are any alternates or lucky losers placed against a player/team who didn't send picks, the draw should be adjusted in order to give the byes to the best ranked players who enter the draw directly. The alternates and lucky losers should play their first round matches against the opponents of the players who were given the byes.

So does that mean, I replace team #14 (so there is no match with two missing picks) and the other team (so that team #9 gets an opponent) and after that change the draw, so that the LL team facing the #2 seed has two players on the opposing of the team?
If so, how do I change the draw? Do I move the #2 seed against the #1 seed, so that they (although not sending!, but highest ranked remaining team) have only one opponent?
Do I move the #2 seed against the #3 seed (best team with both players sending)?
Or don't I change the draw at all as it is a 2-day-round and the most matches will be played tomorrow?
My interpretation here would be:
There is one match in which both teams forgot to send (although it is only one of the 2 players), so the LL will play each other there. And I guess you won't change the draw. But that is just my opinion!
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote