Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 62 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #916
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - August tournaments available

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
I haven't been following the recent discussion about sending the picks to the correct person, so I need an answer to this.
justafanYYC posted the OOP today in LA. 2 people sent to justafanYYC. Should their picks be accepted?
No, they should not be accepted
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #917
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
Seriously? I saw so many cases where picks were accepted...
Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #918
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilnietė View Post
Seriously? I saw so many cases where picks were accepted...
Then those cases were wrong. Once a manager is asked to post an OOP for someone else, his job is done at that moment. He can't be asked to monitor his PM box when he may have other tournaments or other commitments at different times later that day.

We have to be firm on this. It states clearly who to send picks to IN BIG LETTERS

I was up until 1am monitoring Anning CH and I will have to be up later to monitor the final. I also have to get Beijing and Aptos organized. I can't be up at 8am to 10am in front of the computer transferring PMs to abollo so he can get differences in on time.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #919
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Yes absolutely, at Wimbledon I was the singles manager - the OOP was posted in inch high letters to post to both managers and there's still players who only sent to one of us. One player even said that they didn't want to bother me as they were only in the doubles!!!. We had a situation where the other manager was unavailable for over a day and I didn't have their picks, so couldnt confirm a result. It was lucky it was the Saturday and in the end the two players forwarded the picks to me on the middle Sunday.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #920
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Argh, sorry I didn´t follow the discussion completely (managing a tournament at the moment).

I agree with Martin.

The idea behind the rule "picks should be send to the correct manager" was that when a manager asks someone else to post the OOP, players should send to the manager and not to the one who posts the OOP. For example in Bastad this week orangehat asked sfar and me to post an OOP, because he is in a different timezone. (sfar was a bit faster than me )

In Newport it was a bit strange, because the manager posted the OOP but asked in it to send to someone else. It would have been better if the manager changed the headline directly after he posted the OOP or at least if the assistant manager him/herself posted the OOP.

EDIT: I remember that Mahqz often can´t manage qualifying but he puts the name of the assistant manager in the headline as soon as the OOP is posted.
Quote:
Seriously! There should be one rule here, either it is not accepted or it is accepted! This is not fair to players if it is allowed in one case and not in the other case!
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #921
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Seriously! There should be one rule here, either it is not accepted or it is accepted! This is not fair to players if it is allowed in one case and not in the other case!
OK, we can discuss about this, but in my view it is a difference if a manager who opens a tournament, posts entry list updates and draws asks someone else to post the OOP for him or if he posts the OOP telling players to send to someone else.
Players are far more used to the manager of the very tournament posting an OOP than to some other player or even someone who doesn´t play in the same tournament.
In the eyes of the players the manager will still be the one picks should be send to, even if he doesn´t post the OOP, so picks sent to someone else should not count.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #922
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, we can discuss about this, but in my view it is a difference if a manager who opens a tournament, posts entry list updates and draws asks someone else to post the OOP for him or if he posts the OOP telling players to send to someone else.
Players are far more used to the manager of the very tournament posting an OOP than to some other player or even someone who doesn´t play in the same tournament.
In the eyes of the players the manager will still be the one picks should be send to, even if he doesn´t post the OOP, so picks sent to someone else should not count.
I don't think it matters. Players need to read the entire OOP. Managers do a great job of being specific as possible.

"These matches are for xxxxxx round singles and doubles and must be sent to xxxxxxx by xx:xx CET"

Reading comprehension is a part of Tennis Tipping. Sending to the wrong person is no different than sending for only 6 out of 8 matches, sending wrong names, sending after the deadline or thinking it was a 1-day round instead of a 2-day round.

In grand slams we get something like

Everyone send picks to both X and Y
However if you are A,B,C or D send ONLY to X
If you E,F,G or H send ONLY to Y

And it always gets messed up and the managers end up scrambling for hours.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #923
country flag Direnan

Direnan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond reputeDirenan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafanYYC View Post
I don't think it matters. Players need to read the entire OOP. Managers do a great job of being specific as possible.

"These matches are for xxxxxx round singles and doubles and must be sent to xxxxxxx by xx:xx CET"

Reading comprehension is a part of Tennis Tipping. Sending to the wrong person is no different than sending for only 6 out of 8 matches, sending wrong names, sending after the deadline or thinking it was a 1-day round instead of a 2-day round.

In grand slams we get something like

Everyone send picks to both X and Y
However if you are A,B,C or D send ONLY to X
If you E,F,G or H send ONLY to Y

And it always gets messed up and the managers end up scrambling for hours.
Exactly!

Players need read the post of OOP, not is dificult, not is slow.
And this is in the rule.
NALBA, Nadal, Yoshi, Farah, Elias, Sousa, Ferrer, De Bakker, Wawrinka, Gil, Alves, Mello, B. Baker, Gasquet

Bartoli, Matekkão, Wozniack, Minella, Rezai, De Brito, Cirstea, Cornet, Bouchard, Robson
Duarte, Segnini, Hermenegildo, Nanda, Vaisemberg, Bia
Direnan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #924
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post

Quote:
They are either accepted in full or not accepted. Please stop this non sense. The game is not fun when you have the original difference = win, then a modified difference (whether an ALT is placed or reversed) = lose. Sorry, I am just sick and tired of being the one that gets screwed because picks are accepted under exceptions.

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013/14 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #925
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

A number of players don't read, won't read or can't read what is posted in the thread, and as for reading the rules - forget it!

I loved managing, and as most people know I sometimes posted deadlines earlier than start of play to fit in with my personal circumstances and ensure that differences could be published before the matches started. In tournament after tournament somebody missed the deadline because they didn't read the OOP. Eventually I just couldn't stand the hassle any more.

I just hope that the current "discussion" doesn't get out of hand. A manager chooses to be a bit flexible - he gets moaned at. Another manager applies the rules strictly - he gets moaned at. A board member tries to distinguish between the two cases - he gets moaned at.

Great game this Tennis Tipping!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #926
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say at the end of the season we will need 2 or 3 new board members.
Almost sure that I also won't be part from board next year, this is not the game which I started to play 2 years ago, people are very rude and the spirit of the game dissappear.

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 115 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 67 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #927
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

And from now players who sent picks to wrong manager won't be accept

Tennis Tipping 2014

Doubles : 67 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Old 07-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #928
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
And from now players who sent picks to wrong manager won't be accept
Quote:
Almost sure that I also won't be part from board next year, this is not the game which I started to play 2 years ago, people are very rude and the spirit of the game dissappear.
Just to make it clear, I wasn't trying to be rude. If it appeared so, I am sorry about that. But what I meant was that I told this exact problem last time, that it should be not allowed if people send to the correct manager, because in the past this wasn't allowed either. I did lose matches because of that and there should be one rule. And to be honest, Marto, I don't think anybody here meant to be rude. And you are being great at the board. I think the game is certainly still the same and only some people might become a little bit rude!
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #929
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh no Martin

Although I personally would say it's 1,000 times better than it was 2 years ago.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #930
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

Ruben it's not your fault

Tennis Tipping 2014

Finals CH