Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 57 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #841
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Well, was just reading through the TT thread of Newport and delicfan is sort of making his own rules there. The rule is that the picks should be sent to the right person, otherwise they don't count. Now 1987518LPF (or some high number and LPF) did send to Direnan and not to delicfan. Now these picks are just accepted. I sort of understand the confusion, but I think rules are there to be kept and these picks shouldn't count. Please, the opinion of the board on this case!
What rules did I made ? Please tell me. Sending to wrong person happens in many tournaments and that wrong person is also the manager of tournament

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
2013: Winner of Burnie CH w/Sonja1989
The Rocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #842
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

I will post August tournaments in 2-3 days.

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 120(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 91 (Best 70) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires QF Auckland, QF Houston (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:4 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #843
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
I will accept this picks, because at least they are sent to original manager

Anyone for Kitzbuhel
Thanks for opinion Marto

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
Old 07-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #844
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicfan View Post
What rules did I made ? Please tell me. Sending to wrong person happens in many tournaments and that wrong person is also the manager of tournament
You are sort of right about that indeed. Missed the fact that they sent to the real manager. But still, I think it is a fact that they should send to the right person. And if this would happen to me, while managing, I would surely ask it to the board, as I would not be certain if what I was doing would be allowed!
rvugt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #845
country flag The Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
You are sort of right about that indeed. Missed the fact that they sent to the real manager. But still, I think it is a fact that they should send to the right person. And if this would happen to me, while managing, I would surely ask it to the board, as I would not be certain if what I was doing would be allowed!
Something similar happened at Wimbledon and I did it based on that but will surely next time ask here ro avoid misunderstanding

Tennis Tipping

Last edited by The Rocket : 07-08-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #846
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks board

This is one of the things that should be addressed in the year end polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Rules
Sending picks to the wrong person

Picks will not be accepted. They must be sent to the correct manager.

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013 Monte Carlo

Last edited by coolfish1103 : 07-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #847
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicfan View Post
Something similar happened at Wimbledon and I did it based on that but will surely next time ask here ro avoid misunderstanding
Well, wimbledon had 2 official managers and they asked in every OOP to send to both! So nothing like your case happened there. Here people just didn't send to the person who was mentioned in the OOP! But okay, for next time, ask when there might be a misunderstanding!
rvugt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #848
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond repute

guys, is a game! only enjoy with the game
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #849
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
Anyone for Kitzbuhel
I can take Kitzbühel, but afterwards I really need a break from managing (it would be 4 weeks in a row)

I will open the thread now
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #850
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, sorry I didn´t follow the discussion completely (managing a tournament at the moment).

I agree with Martin.

The idea behind the rule "picks should be send to the correct manager" was that when a manager asks someone else to post the OOP, players should send to the manager and not to the one who posts the OOP. For example in Bastad this week orangehat asked sfar and me to post an OOP, because he is in a different timezone. (sfar was a bit faster than me )

In Newport it was a bit strange, because the manager posted the OOP but asked in it to send to someone else. It would have been better if the manager changed the headline directly after he posted the OOP or at least if the assistant manager him/herself posted the OOP.

EDIT: I remember that Mahqz often can´t manage qualifying but he puts the name of the assistant manager in the headline as soon as the OOP is posted.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #851
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
Argh, sorry I didn´t follow the discussion completely (managing a tournament at the moment).

I agree with Martin.

The idea behind the rule "picks should be send to the correct manager" was that when a manager asks someone else to post the OOP, players should send to the manager and not to the one who posts the OOP. For example in Bastad this week orangehat asked sfar and me to post an OOP, because he is in a different timezone. (sfar was a bit faster than me )

In Newport it was a bit strange, because the manager posted the OOP but asked in it to send to someone else. It would have been better if the manager changed the headline directly after he posted the OOP or at least if the assistant manager him/herself posted the OOP.

EDIT: I remember that Mahqz often can´t manage qualifying but he puts the name of the assistant manager in the headline as soon as the OOP is posted.
The headline was changed.

Yes, a rule that can be interpreted with an idea behind one way or the other. More like an exception than anything cause that's definitely not what the rule line says.

It's a game we know that, but will things like this be discussed at the year end? Probably not... and that's what's frustrating.

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #852
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
The headline was changed.

Yes, a rule that can be interpreted with an idea behind one way or the other. More like an exception than anything cause that's definitely not what the rule line says.

It's a game we know that, but will things like this be discussed at the year end? Probably not... and that's what's frustrating.
It will be discussed if someone brings it up.
Taz Warrior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #853
country flag Dangermouse

Dangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hey managers, how do I sign up to play this game?

-Danny
Dangermouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #854
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
Hey managers, how do I sign up to play this game?

-Danny

You just pick an event that you want to play - and commit yourself by saying 'IN' in the thread.

As you're new you are best to start out in a Challenger event.

Challenger events are listed in this thread :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=811

You will have to start in a Week 29 event.

TITLES (2) : 2010 - CH Rhodes, 2012 - ATP Beijing
2014 -
Doubles (Rank : 53) (High : 5)
TITLES (11) : (w/GoBlakeGo) 2009 - CH Izmir, (w/Pavkata) 2009 - CH Trani, CH Banja Luka, CH Quito, 2010 - CH Sao Paolo, (w/BrunoBeidacki) 2011 - CH Athens, CH Santos, CH Astana, 2012 - CH Monza, ATP Paris, RU - FRENCH OPEN 2014 - CH Sao Paolo
2014 - (w/BrunoBeidacki) - WON CH Sao Paolo
TT Board Member - since Aug 2012 - w/keqtqiadv, Mahqz, Marto & ibreak4coffee
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #855
country flag Dangermouse

Dangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond reputeDangermouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ah right, so of I just play a few challengers will I get a ranking?
Dangermouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote