Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #271
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - Manager need for Gualdajara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Zvezda View Post
JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT RESPECTING RULES AND THERE IS NO GAME WITHOUT RULES.

Answer to Gavnich : you can check every word of the oop to proove you are right, the intention of the manager was to make that round count as he posted the diffs.
I am not trying to prove I am right or justify myself. I am trying to see all sides of the argument and make a decision based upon what I think is fair.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #272
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Why so serious? It's just a game.

Manager made a mistake and has apologized. Saturday never happened. Treat it like a practice round. Now you know the players in Cherbourg better. Both you and your opponent start on equal terms.

Sunday is the final qualifying round.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #273
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Zvezda View Post
As I'm a little bit fed up with that discussion, and anyhow the Board Decision will never stick to the written rule and what was written on Cherbourg Thread but make poetry about an unwritten habit, I will make you spare your time and mine and quit TT.
I'm sorry to importunate here, but this will be the silliest decision you will make. I think the manager tries to be fair with something that's gone wrong here. Try to understand the situation and to get into the manager's skin.

Ohhh, yes, you could have won the tournament or you could have got 0 points. So what? Have fun!!!

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #274
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
My advice would be to reschedule for tomorrow but either option is fine.
I would do the same. Since there are only 4 teams in qualifying some players might have assumed that they only have to send for sunday.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #275
country flag keqtqiadv

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
Although I am no longer a Board Member or even a manager I have to say that I totally agree with Crvena Zvezda. I would probably have made the doubles a 2 day qualifying at the outset, and I think that is still the only solution which is fair to all.
I personally would have chosen the 2-day round option too. I don't think it's something that should be changed after the differences are posted.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #276
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if this matters but just 1 more point:

If we can argue that early deadlines are acceptable because it is a player's obligation to check the OoP (which i agree with), then similarly players should be expected to check the OoPs if they know they are involved in qualifying.

So I don't agree that players who check the OoP and realise there are 4 teams (which is debatable as to whether they even saw this to begin with) would simply presume that qualifying starts on Sunday unless they explicitly see notice.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #277
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't understand will we change the ranking system next season or not?

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #278
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012

April tournaments will be post on 3rd March, you will have 10 days for apply

Tennis Tipping 2014

Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #279
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Can I confirm my understanding of a rule?

If I set all 8 R1 singles matches as PTS but one player only sends the first three matches as PTS and the rest as SRs. The match wasn't decided by the first three PTS, so does the player automatically lose on the PTS 4 match because they didn't send PTS picks?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #280
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post

If I set all 8 R1 singles matches as PTS but one player only sends the first three matches as PTS and the rest as SRs. The match wasn't decided by the first three PTS, so does the player automatically lose on the PTS 4 match because they didn't send PTS picks?
If he didn't have any score from PTS4 to PTS8, you should look game difference on PTS1

Tennis Tipping 2014

Finals CH

Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #281
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
If he didn't have any score from PTS4 to PTS8, you should look game difference on PTS1
Why?

Isn't that penalising the opponent who sent all the picks in the correct format by allowing the scoring to continue into GD when it SHOULD go to PTS 4 and onward?

I would have thought you're supposed to assume a 20 SR pick is 60 60 for PTS purposes if they don't send it as a PTS, or something?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #282
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have an opinion but I probably shouldn't comment....
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #283
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think the other players wins if he has any correct scorelines in these matches or it goes to GD
Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #284
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
I have an opinion but I probably shouldn't comment....
Yes it's unfortunate you're directly affected.

Has this situation ever arisen before to anyone's knowledge?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #285
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
I think the other players wins if he has any correct scorelines in these matches or it goes to GD
I'm not really a manager but as a player I have exactly the same opinion. If player didn't choose PTS then he gets 0, so if opponent has anything correct he wins