Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #256
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - Manager need for Gualdajara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalgo View Post
i agree with my partner. we won match because diffs was posted.
I can understand your feelings as I'm the first to admit that I myself can get very over-passionate about situations myself at times.

I am the one at fault for posting the doubles draw without thinking, and had all players in both matches sent picks I would have have preferred to go for the two days option. But the other match had players on both sides who didn't send picks, I'd posted the doubles draws just after the deadline, the OOP wasn't released till a few hours later, those players might have well looked at the thread and noticed that it was only the two matches, and therefore should have been a one day round on Sunday and not sent picks.

Your other point about though not being able to send each other your picks tomorrow because you are doubles partners and have to play a singles match however is not really my fault, that is the (bad) luck of the draw. Had I not incorrectly posted up the Doubles Draw last night and it was posted today as I should have originally done, you would still have had to play in singles tomorrow and have been in the same situation.
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #257
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

You made a mistake which is easily made but nobody's really being disadvantaged here because everybody gets the chance to win their match and you're trying to be fair to everybody, since when only one qualifying round is needed, it's usual to do that on Sunday.

If people choose to withdraw that's their choice but I don't think there's any need for that sort of response when the manager is trying to correct a mistake while making sure all players have the opportunity to play.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #258
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Similar situation to DTT last week
Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #259
country flag Crvena Zvezda
Banned!

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
You made a mistake which is easily made but nobody's really being disadvantaged here because everybody gets the chance to win their match and you're trying to be fair to everybody, since when only one qualifying round is needed, it's usual to do that on Sunday.

If people choose to withdraw that's their choice but I don't think there's any need for that sort of response when the manager is trying to correct a mistake while making sure all players have the opportunity to play.
I don't protest because manager is trying to make things better (I respect his management).
I protest because it is against everything he posted (oop then diff).
If he had said this morning "NO DIFF because I wait for advices", I would have stayed quiet but diffs were officially posted.

I protest because we officially won and you cancel this victory.

I'm not over passionate since I made a proposal which give us the opportunity to keep on playing BUT KEEPING the +1 lead which is playing a two day round.

I can understand you don't want to make loose people that didn't send because of unusual oop BUT OUR OPPONENTS SENT AND LOST.

That's why I forfeit because you are dealing with the rules the way you like it AND THAT IS VERY UNFAIR.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #260
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would agree with making it a 2 day round

No one is disadvantaged (in the other match 1 player from each team didn't send)

The only situation that might get sticky is the LL situation but I would then suggest only use number of picks from tomorrow to determine LL Order.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #261
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Although I am no longer a Board Member or even a manager I have to say that I totally agree with Crvena Zvezda. I would probably have made the doubles a 2 day qualifying at the outset, and I think that is still the only solution which is fair to all.
Orangehat's point is a good one.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #262
Banned!

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, and I don't say that for Adrian whose I respect management and integrity (which is not the case with all managers I played with two years ago)....
If canceling this saturday play, you give me a wonderfull opportunity to apply for management, make unaccurate oop (on purpose and not like Adrian), post diffs and then change it if that can help my friends players or pull my ennemies away and then say "the same case was in Cherbourg CH 2012 and I have to fix my mistake the same way according to the Board).
Old 02-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #263
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
Although I am no longer a Board Member or even a manager I have to say that I totally agree with Crvena Zvezda.
I took fully into consideration the advice given by current Board Members :-

Gav (Post 252) - My advice would be to reschedule for tomorrow but either option is fine.
Martin (on Facebook) - Only 1 round in Sunday
My personal view – Had all 8 players had sent for Saturday I’d have chosen to have a 2 day round – as only 6 sent I prefer the 1 day option.

Martin's response and Gav's advice (the only two Board Members to express an opinion to date) matches with my personal view.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #264
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I took fully into consideration the advice given by current Board Members :-

Gav (Post 252) - My advice would be to reschedule for tomorrow but either option is fine.
Martin (on Facebook) - Only 1 round in Sunday
My personal view – Had all 8 players had sent for Saturday I’d have chosen to have a 2 day round – as only 6 sent I prefer the 1 day option.

Martin's response and Gav's advice (the only two Board Members to express an opinion to date) matches with my personal view.
Yep, the only problem is that you ask them for an advice about people not sending because of your unusual oop BUT you forgot to tell them YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY POSTED THE DIFFS WITHOUT WAITING FOR THEIR ADVICE.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #265
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

It's realy not a first time when there is a mistake in diffs. Sometimes even draws are changed after diffs are posted, so I don't realy get why are you making such a big deal of it.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #266
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

From what I can see this is what was posted in the OOP

Matches count for the 1st round of qualification in singles and doubles.

Now as there were only 4 teams in doubles qualifying there was no 1st round in doubles and if I'd have seen that I would have assumed that there was no doubles qualifying on the Saturday and probably wouldn't have sent picks if I wasn't in singles and it is possible that 1 of the players who didn't send also thought that.

It is perhaps unfortunate that differences were posted but there's no question over the integrity of the management in this case and it was a genuine error. Therefore, I do believe the fairest outcome is to continue with a 1 day qualifying round tomorrow. Nobody is disadvantaged as these picks shouldn't have counted for doubles in the first place.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #267
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilnietė View Post
It's realy not a first time when there is a mistake in diffs. Sometimes even draws are changed after diffs are posted, so I don't realy get why are you making such a big deal of it.
JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT RESPECTING RULES AND THERE IS NO GAME WITHOUT RULES.

Answer to Gavnich : you can check every word of the oop to proove you are right, the intention of the manager was to make that round count as he posted the diffs.

Last edited by Crvena Zvezda : 02-25-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #268
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Zvezda View Post
Yep, the only problem is that you ask them for an advice about people not sending because of your unusual oop BUT you forgot to tell them YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY POSTED THE DIFFS WITHOUT WAITING FOR THEIR ADVICE.
Right OK OK OK - we can go on talking about this for ever and ever and ever :-

1) I have given my personal opinion and explanation for my actions as the Manager of the event.

2) I appreciate that you have the absolute right to question it.

3) And as such - I have just sent a PM to all 5 Board Members - so they can have a look into this situation and if they wish me to make any changes to my decision I shall do so should they tell me to do.

There's nothing further I can say about this - we'll just keep going round and round in circles.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #269
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1) I have given my personal opinion and explanation for my actions as the Manager of the event.

3) And as such - I have just sent a PM to all 5 Board Members - so they can have a look into this situation and if they wish me to make any changes to my decision I shall do so should they tell me to do.

There's nothing further I can say about this - we'll just keep going round and round in circles.
I'd set a deadline in which to hear back and if you don't get any strong feedback one way or the other from the other boardmembers, you go with the original decision you made.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #270
Banned!

Quote:

I think this sentence is really offensive. I just hope it is because we are not from the same contry an our standards are not the same.

You are always asking "what is fair to do as people didn't send in one match" and I'm asking "what is fair to do as people officially won (or at least lead) in the other match" so we never can understand each other.

As I'm a little bit fed up with that discussion, and anyhow the Board Decision will never stick to the written rule and what was written on Cherbourg Thread but make poetry about an unwritten habit, I will make you spare your time and mine and quit TT.