Will Federer regain the #1 spot? - Page 66 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 200 55.56%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.44%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #976
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I am willing to be very unbiased (or at least try) when I deem the other side capable of the same. You have not shown this to me. Your statement that you say many good things about Roger is completely untrue as you always accompany it with a jab of some kind, female style. I don't complain as you're not a fan but don't try to clam you're unbiased. I've started to like Djokovic more recently oustide some stupidities he's done. My dislike is for tards and the only reason I can't stand him is because of reactions like the one after the win today. So there you go.
I can go and try to quote you all those good positive comments I made about Federer in the past, but really i can't be bothered.

You're the one constantly giving jabs and mocking Nole and Nadal. You cannot expect other people to respect you all of a sudden.

We agree on the last sentence.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #977
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I can go and try to quote you all those good positive comments I made about Federer in the past, but really i can't be bothered.

You're the one constantly giving jabs and mocking Nole and Nadal. You cannot expect other people to respect you all of a sudden.

We agree on the last sentence.
I don't seek respect from other players' tards. You do. Your problem, not mine. And I send jabs to Djoko because of his fans. I don't mind the guy. If you met me in real life, you'd be surprised at how much I rejoiced when he won Wimbey last year .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #978
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I don't seek respect from other players' tards. You do. Your problem, not mine. And I send jabs to Djoko because of his fans. I don't mind the guy. If you met me in real life, you'd be surprised at how much I rejoiced when he won Wimbey last year .
but it was because Nadal lost

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #979
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

I will weep in happiness if Federer manages to ever knock Djokovic off the top spot. In fact, I will weep in happiness whenever Djokovic is knocked off the top spot. It'll be a great day for tennis.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #980
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
I will weep in happiness if Federer manages to ever knock Djokovic off the top spot. In fact, I will weep in happiness whenever Djokovic is knocked off the top spot. It'll be a great day for tennis.
you know what's also great for tennis?When pusher boy falls out of top 4 this year.I know you are pissed that Djokovic because an all time great and used his potential for greatness while Murray stayed a useless player that will never be remembered
Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #981
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych replacing Mugray would be great news for the sport. He's a brainless ballbasher, but at least more exciting than Mua waiting for errors every match

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #982
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Boy howdy, my posts sure do rile you all up

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #983
country flag networthy

networthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
No. In order to be number 1 he has to prove that he can beat both Nole and Rafa in the same tournament. He was lucky they went oout early in Madrid. It won't happen again.
Umm, no. In order to be number 1 he has to accrue more ranking points than anyone else in a 52-week period.

Last edited by networthy : 05-20-2012 at 04:20 AM.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #984
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually dont care who is on top 4, top 10 or top 50. Ppl should enjoy the players, not the numbers.
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #985
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Umm, no. In order to be number 1 he has to accrue more ranking points than anyone else.
totally true

just take WTA as example
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #986
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Umm, no. In order to be number 1 he has to accrue more ranking points than anyone else.
This post should be framed on the wall of every Noletard.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #987
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Looner, who are you tell tell anyone where they can post? You strike me as a bit of a snob and quite argumentative (not in the positive, debating sense). Now have your afternoon tea and biscuits and lighten up yeah?

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #988
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Berdych replacing Mugray would be great news for the sport. He's a brainless ballbasher, but at least more exciting than Mua waiting for errors every match
Whoa slow down with that waiting for errors argument, being a Nadal fan and all...
Old 05-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #989
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Umm, no. In order to be number 1 he has to accrue more ranking points than anyone else in a 52-week period.
Agreed. Explain that to petulant children though...
Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #990
country flag networthy

networthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond repute

After Rome, Federer still has a sizeable lead in the points race to the top ranking by Shanghai. However, as many expected, Nadal and Djokovic both narrowed his lead:

Federer: 7240 (Basel 500, Paris 1000, WTF 1500, Doha 90, AO 720, DC 25, Rotterdam 500, Dubai 500, IW 1000, Miami 45, Madrid 1000, Rome 360)
Djokovic: 5480 (Basel 180, Paris 180, WTF 200, AO 2000, Dubai 180, IW 360, Miami 1000, MC 600, Madrid 180, Rome 600)
Nadal: 5080 (WTF 200, Doha 90, AO 1200, IW 360, Miami 360, DC 280, MC 1000, Barcelona 500, Madrid 90, Rome 1000)

Next stop, Roland Garros, where Nadal and Djokovic are again expected to cut into Federer's lead.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread