Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top? - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 197 55.18%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.82%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #796
country flag JanKowalski

JanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjill888 View Post
No, Dr.Federer won't be able to become number 1 again ever just because he does not want to otherwise nobody on this planet can stop him not. I still believe it was Jesus Christ himself who took the form of Dr.Soderling in that excruciating RG 2010 QF and crushed the soul of Dr.Federer.
Sod gave, Sod took away.
JanKowalski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #797
country flag jackjill888

jackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanKowalski View Post
Sod gave, Sod took away.
oh yeah right btw where is he gone these days ?? i have forgotten how he even looks
jackjill888 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #798
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Sod has mono and is very slowly recovering. Hope he's back to enforce the pain on RN even more.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #799
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

i really thought he had no chance becoming number 1 again

i think federer is the best 30+ year old in the history of tennis
(he was already the best ever, but he's showing amazing resilience)

i know laver won the CGS at 30+ but that year he cam so close to not doing it, and with 3 of the slams being on grass i dont consider it the peak 30+ tennis

i think gonzales was a better 30+ tennis player than laver
i think agassi could have given him a run for his money too
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #800
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
i really thought he had no chance becoming number 1 again

i think federer is the best 30+ year old in the history of tennis
(he was already the best ever, but he's showing amazing resilience)

i know laver won the CGS at 30+ but that year he cam so close to not doing it, and with 3 of the slams being on grass i dont consider it the peak 30+ tennis

i think gonzales was a better 30+ tennis player than laver
i think agassi could have given him a run for his money too
Eh, I wouldn't say that. Connors should be listed as well either way. I mean he turned 30 in 1982, a year he won both Wimbledon and the US Open and then defended his US Open title the next year. Not to mention, those couple spectacular runs he had later on and the many titles he won after 82.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #801
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Olderer needs to convince the organizers to make RG blue clay, WImbledon 90's grass and USO indoors. That way he'll sweep these slams by standing in one place and serving
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #802

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Eh, I wouldn't say that. Connors should be listed as well either way. I mean he turned 30 in 1982, a year he won both Wimbledon and the US Open and then defended his US Open title the next year. Not to mention, those couple spectacular runs he had later on and the many titles he won after 82.
dont like connors

respect his game- dont like the way he treated others

when borg left- the fire left mac for a while- lendl was still trying to figure connors out and wilander was green

im not saying opportunistic but it was fortunate

from 84 he lost 17 times in a row to lendl
(12-2 from 1984-1986)

got destroyed by the same mac in 1984- (in 82 he practised with mac at wimbeldon which helped him huge to win)

and was being routined by mac when borg was still around

even during his peak he was the 3rd cog in the mac-borg-connors trivalry
Old 05-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Olderer needs to convince the organizers to make RG blue clay, WImbledon 90's grass and USO indoors. That way he'll sweep these slams by standing in one place and serving
if 90s grass was all serve speed then agassi wouldnt have beaten becker, macenroe and goran back to back to win wimbledon
Old 05-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #804
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic will lose the #1 after Wimbledon is over.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #805
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, but I am not sure if it'll be to Roger or RN. Hope it's Fed who takes the mantle right through to the end of the USO and hopefully WTF.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #806
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

pig and fakertards getting nervous
Old 05-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #807
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Federer really should have had this record sewn up years ago had he not clowned about during the end of 2009 and the Spring in 2010.

Unlike the overrated 'years ended as world no. 1' record which Sampras, Annacone and numerous tennis writers hyped up in the 90s, this record is actually pretty meaningful in my opinion.
How is most years as the world's best player an overrated record?

Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #808
country flag yesh222

yesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond reputeyesh222 has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is getting pretty close. He might pull it off at Wimbledon.
yesh222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #809
country flag Benny_Maths

Benny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
How is most years as the world's best player an overrated record?

Dunno about overrated but year end number 1 doesn't necessarily indicate that the player was far and away the best player for the entire year. It's analogous to a player doing nothing special on clay and then winning RG, finishing the clay season with the most clay points. It doesn't necessarily mean that they were the best player during the clay season because their points total is just a consequence of RG being heavily stacked points wise.
Benny_Maths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #810
country flag KaptainKrunch

KaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond reputeKaptainKrunch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Get some help.
KaptainKrunch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote