Will Federer regain the #1 spot? - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 200 55.56%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.44%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #706
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Yes because Fed never had trouble beating other good fast court players and then straigh-setted Nadal. The same way Fed struggled against Raonic but pwned Nadal in 2 sets in IW 2012 or how he lost against Gonzalez in 2007 but onwed Nadal 4 and 1. Fed also lost that match because he was looking to the final and trying to conserve energy.
Fed would have lost that final.IW this year was a fluke given how much Nadal sucked
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #707
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

And you know this through your crystal ball and time-leaping abilities, I suppose. And, of course, it was a fluke - like every other victory of Fed over Nadal.

Of course the factor of Nadal going for the Career Slam against the 5-time champ on his actual favourite surface (not stupid Wimbledon 'grass') was also insignificant, I suppose. Because Nadal didn't almost choke the Wimbey final in 2008 away.

Lol what a genuinely stupid post you managed there.
Looner is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #708
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I think all of the trolling last posts should be moved to the thread "unending Fed-Nadal debates". Except if you want this thread to be another trolling one.

Quote:
And you know this through your crystal ball and time-leaping abilities, I suppose. And, of course, it was a fluke - like every other victory of Fed over Nadal. Lol what a stupid post.
yes, and Nadal's wins in Miami were not a fluke and Fed didn't suck, you've understood the way people on MTF manage to stay within their "logic" even when a result doesn't fit what they had all predicted as "certain".
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #709
country flag Andresito

Andresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond repute

No Montecarlo = too much vacations = No nº 1.

Argentum Virtus Robur et Studium
Andresito is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #710
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

The way I see it, Fed, Nadal, and Djokovic all have certain priorities or must-haves in order to end up finishing the summer at #1:

Djokovic:
1. Defend at least 1 of his two clay Masters 1000 titles. With a good run in Monte-Carlo, he will not be terribly hurt if he loses either Madrid or Rome in the SF or Final.
2. A final appearance at the French Open is pretty critical. Whether he wins or loses, he has at least a 480 point net gain. Can't hurt.
3. CAREFUL SCHEDULING IS CRITICAL! If Nole is smart, he will be aware that he does not need to do much more than last year in order to retain his #1 ranking. I know he will not be willing to do this, but I think if he is playing Monte-Carlo, he MUST skip Belgrade if he wants to be in good shape for the fatiguing stretching beginning with Madrid.
4. He will also be reluctant to do this, but I think his priorities lie with defending his Wimbledon and summer hard-court points. The olympics really aren't as important to his ranking as the other major tournaments of the year. He should not be planning in order to prime at the Olympics. He should be looking to prime at the U.S. Open.

Nadal:
1. French Open defense is a must. It's not so much the ranking help that's important but the confidence booster that he thrives from.
2. He needs to get his shit together and win AT LEAST 2 of the 3 clay Masters 1000 tournaments.
3. Scheduling for him will also be vital. However, unlike Novak, he's got 500 points stocked up in Barcelona so skipping will have a greater impact than Novak skipping Belgrade. However, unlike Novak, he should try to prime for the French Open and Wimbledon. He must also not overwork himself especially because of his history of knee problems.
4. This is more of a combination of his goal and luck. First of all, he must at least keep his #2 ranking in order to continue to be on the opposite side of the draw as Nole. However, in addition to that he should hope for as many draws in which Federer is in Nole's half as possible. The more this happens, the more easily he will reach finals.

Federer:
1. Skipping Monte-Carlo is a good idea. However, since he will be losing 180 points and has major French Open points to defend, he's gonna want to make the finals of either Madrid, Rome, or both. It would be wise to avoid the kind of shit he pulled at Rome last year, losing to Gasquet.
2. French Open final is pretty crucial. However, this will only be possible if he is in Nole's half of the draw. He cannot afford to lose 480 ranking points and if luck puts him in Nadal's half... he may be screwed.
3. Scheduling - Prime for the Olympics. Winning Wimbledon would be a huge leap for him, but a final appearance would be a must if he wants the #1 ranking. He is only defending 270 points in Toronto and Cinci combined so he shouldn't worry about those too much.
4. An Olympic gold medal is also crucial to the #1 ranking. He can use all the help he can get and if he gets lucky and Nole slips up and loses early, Federer can plot a jump to the top.
5. The U.S. Open is very important since this is the last tournament before Federer will have to start defending his own points. One thing Federer could improve on from the past is match point conversion. JUST FUCKING FINISH IT! If he can survive without another semifinals choke, he will be in a very good position to take the #1 ranking assuming the above conditions have been met.

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #711
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And you know this through your crystal ball and time-leaping abilities, I suppose. And, of course, it was a fluke - like every other victory of Fed over Nadal.

Of course the factor of Nadal going for the Career Slam against the 5-time champ on his actual favourite surface (not stupid Wimbledon 'grass') was also insignificant, I suppose. Because Nadal didn't almost choke the Wimbey final in 2008 away.

Lol what a genuinely stupid post you managed there.
Fed will always lose to Nadal in Slams at this point in his career.And in 2010 Nadal was great besides his joke of a draw.Fed would have lost I have zero doubt.He should have won W 2008 and Fed choked in the 5th
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #712
country flag Federer_28

Federer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamosinator View Post
Being 5 years older helps. Talk when Nadal is 30+, if you can still talk that is. It's quite amazing that Nadal this year, on the verge of turning 26 can win his 7th Roland Garros title - and own the record on his own. He can also win his 20th Masters shield - and own the record on his own. Nadal is far ahead of schedule.
The only records that Nadal have are mostly on clay.

Fed at 26 had 12 Slams . Nadal is behind Fed's pace FYI , unless he wins 2 slams this year and I doubt that happens

Fed at 26 had 53 Titles , Nadal is currently at 46 , again behind Fed's pace.
Federer_28 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #713
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Djokovic or Nadal really care about the number one spot. All they want is the French Open title.
'82 - '91: best decade in tennis

I am a fan of no tennis player.
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #714
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer_28 View Post
The only records that Nadal have are mostly on clay.

Fed at 26 had 12 Slams . Nadal is behind Fed's pace FYI , unless he wins 2 slams this year and I doubt that happens

Fed at 26 had 53 Titles , Nadal is currently at 46 , again behind Fed's pace.
Federer never had to contend with Nadal on hard court slams or Nole prime before he was 26.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #715
country flag EddieNero
Banned!

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Federer never had to contend with Nadal on hard court slams or Nole prime before he was 26.
Yeah Like Djokovic would threat peak Federer at hc slams.
Prime Nole struggles to beat Olderer
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #716
country flag hipolymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
And 2008 Nole straight setted Federer at the Australian Open. What's your point?

My point is that Federer wouldn't have nearly the same number of slams if he actually faced proper competition. Hell, even Safin was injured half the time and Nalbandian was such a mental midget in slams.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #717
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And 2008 Nole straight setted Federer at the Australian Open. What's your point?

My point is that Federer wouldn't have nearly the same number of slams if he actually faced proper competition. Hell, even Safin was injured half the time and Nalbandian was such a mental midget in slams.
Fed had mono @ AO 08.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #718
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which Novak gluten or gluten free ?

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #719
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post

He already did, mug. USO 2007? AO 2008? Anyone?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #720
country flag hipolymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post

He already did, mug. USO 2007? AO 2008? Anyone?
It's no use arguing with these Fedtards. They'll deny it even if Roger Federer admits it (which he did).

Closed Thread