Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top? - Page 47 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 197 55.18%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.82%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #691
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
If Nole wins French Open and the non calendar grand slam , then that disqualifies both Federer and Nadal from any
talk of GOAT. If Rafa wins the most titles at French Open , then he disqualifies Federer. This is the most important tournament this year by far.
wtf?! so a cygs would be bigger than 10 more gs-titles, 240 weeks on #1 spot and a gap between over 40 titles?! are u serious?!

imho there's no goat at all. there are many great players in each decade, but it's hard to compare them. there are also things you cant measure, like elegance, style of play etc.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #692
country flag vamosinator
Banned!

vamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Agree. Two Career Slams would make Federer the undisputed GOAT.

Imagine him doing it with Darth Federer outfit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tennis-.../photostream//
Federer would have to beat Nadal at Roland Garros to do that. And last time they met at Roland Garros (2011) Nadal won 6-1 in the 4th set. Just be grateful that Federer got lucky in 2009, and actually played worse in 2009 than 2011!
vamosinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #693
country flag Fireballer

Fireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond reputeFireballer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamosinator View Post
Federer would have to beat Nadal at Roland Garros to do that. And last time they met at Roland Garros (2011) Nadal won 6-1 in the 4th set. Just be grateful that Federer got lucky in 2009, and actually played worse in 2009 than 2011!
Fed is a greater player than Nadal and better in every sense.Sorry but it's true
Old 04-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #694
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just be grateful that Federer got lucky in 2009

according to your logic, nadal got also lucky at uso 2010 and rg 2011...
Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #695
country flag vamosinator
Banned!

vamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post

according to your logic, nadal got also lucky at uso 2010 and rg 2011...
In 2011 Roland Garros, Nadal was the favorite to win Roland Garros. Nadal didn't get lucky

In 2009 Roland Garros, Nadal was the HUGE favorite to win Roland Garros, and Federer got mighty lucky by not having to play him (especially as its the ONLY year Nadal has lost a match there). Federer only won 4 games in the 2008 Roland Garros final.

I don't remember who the favorite was to win 2010 US Open. Was a fairly wide-open race, and Nadal ended up beating Dj, the 2011 winner. Definitely earned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireballer View Post
Fed is a greater player than Nadal and better in every sense.Sorry but it's true
Being 5 years older helps. Talk when Nadal is 30+, if you can still talk that is. It's quite amazing that Nadal this year, on the verge of turning 26 can win his 7th Roland Garros title - and own the record on his own. He can also win his 20th Masters shield - and own the record on his own. Nadal is far ahead of schedule.

Last edited by vamosinator : 04-04-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #696
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not necessarily.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #697
country flag Johnbert

Quote:
In 2011 Roland Garros, Nadal was the favorite to win Roland Garros. Nadal didn't get lucky

In 2009 Roland Garros, Nadal was the HUGE favorite to win Roland Garros, and Federer got mighty lucky.

I don't remember who the favorite was to win 2010 US Open. Was a fairly wide-open race, and Nadal ended up beating Dj, the 2011 winner. Definitely earned it.
you really think nadal would've beaten djoker in the rg-final?! uso 2010 murray lost early (youzhny in a semifinal ) and djoker was tired from the match against fed. if you say fed got lucky because he didn't had to beat 4-times champion nadal at rg2009, the same applies to nadal, who avoided 5-times champion fed at uso2010.

both earned these titles.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #698
country flag zcess81

zcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In 2009 Roland Garros, Nadal was the HUGE favorite to win Roland Garros, and Federer got mighty lucky by not having to play him (especially as its the ONLY year Nadal has lost a match there). Federer only won 4 games in the 2008 Roland Garros final.

And how did that work out for him?

David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas

AJDE NOLE!
zcess81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #699
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

back to the topic, enough going into trolling here.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #700
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Being 5 years older helps. Talk when Nadal is 30+, if you can still talk that is. It's quite amazing that Nadal this year, on the verge of turning 26 can win his 7th Roland Garros title - and own the record on his own. He can also win his 20th Masters shield - and own the record on his own. Nadal is far ahead of schedule.
Nadal started to play professional tennis with 15 years..Rog with 17, when Nadal is 30+ he won't be able to run anymore

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #701
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

are you kidding me?? Nadal's draw was a joke, he played Youznhy in semis and in the final ok ok Djokovic but he was not the Djoker from today, you say Roger got lucky by not having to play Nadal in RG 2009..Nadal got lucky to not have to play Roger in USO10 then, I think it doens't matter who is your opponent, both earned their respective titles

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #702
country flag AntiTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
If Nole wins French Open and the non calendar grand slam , then that disqualifies both Federer and Nadal from any
talk of GOAT
. If Rafa wins the most titles at French Open , then he disqualifies Federer. This is the most important tournament this year by far.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #703
country flag vamosinator
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTennis View Post
Nadal started to play professional tennis with 15 years..Rog with 17, when Nadal is 30+ he won't be able to run anymore
Thanks for the quote, I'll use it in June 2016
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #704
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTennis View Post
Nadal got lucky to not have to play Roger in USO10
if anything, fedtards are the only ones who got lucky with that.

federer couldn't even beat faker. there's no way he'd have beaten nadal, who is a far worse match up for him.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #705
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
if anything, fedtards are the only ones who got lucky with that.

federer couldn't even beat faker. there's no way he'd have beaten nadal, who is a far worse match up for him.
Yes because Fed never had trouble beating other good fast court players and then straigh-setted Nadal. The same way Fed struggled against Raonic but pwned Nadal in 2 sets in IW 2012 or how he lost against Gonzalez in 2007 but onwed Nadal 4 and 1. Fed also lost that match because he was looking to the final and trying to conserve energy.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote