Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top? - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 197 55.18%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.82%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #616
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

the french are the best crowd in the world indeed.

they love and respect good tennis

Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #617
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
The French Open crowds is by far the best. They know their shit.
they may love Roger and why not he deserves it but they are garbage.......Did you forget how that same French crowd treated Martina Hingis....they are rude,loud,with no respect for players even French players
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #618
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

The French crowd is unique. A player must learn how to get them on his side, or to completely ignore them rooting for the opponent.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #619
country flag JanKowalski

JanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond reputeJanKowalski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
they may love Roger and why not he deserves it but they are garbage.......Did you forget how that same French crowd treated Martina Hingis....they are rude,loud,with no respect for players even French players
Martina Hingis was a brat. Some people say Fed is arrogant, if that's the case then there is no proper word for Hingis.
JanKowalski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #620
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is a place for loud and rude french people in tennis just like polite and respectful but rather dull englishmen, it is called Roland Garros and Wimbledon. May that never change, may the french never stop booing nonstop whoever they dont like on tennis courts and beeing unapolagetic supporting their favorites and doing everything to psyche whoever cant conquer their sympathy. That is part of tennis just as much as the gentlemen in Wimbledon and Australia.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #621
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanKowalski View Post
Martina Hingis was a brat. Some people say Fed is arrogant, if that's the case then there is no proper word for Hingis.
Fed is not arrogant by nature he is arrogant because what he has become how great he is and he has the right to be .......Hingis was arrogant by nature but still French crowd was scum that day
Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #622
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
There is a place for loud and rude french people in tennis just like polite and respectful but rather dull englishmen, it is called Roland Garros and Wimbledon. May that never change, may the french never stop booing nonstop whoever they dont like on tennis courts and beeing unapolagetic supporting their favorites and doing everything to psyche whoever cant conquer their sympathy. That is part of tennis just as much as the gentlemen in Wimbledon and Australia.
Yes!

A player must be mentally strong enough to not allow anything to distract his focus from the match. In 1920, the US final was tied at 2 sets a piece. Then, there was a plane crash close to the stadium. As the entire crowd left to go see what's going on, Tilden and Johnston kept playing the 5th set.

A player must be mentally tough, and must be focus on nothing but the next ball.

I love how the Aussies are so laid back and chill, the French are....well....the French, the British are polite and dull, and we Americans...well....we also have our own personality.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #623
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fed is not arrogant by nature he is arrogant because what he has become how great he is and he has the right to be .......Hingis was arrogant by nature but still French crowd was scum that day
Saberq hungry for more bans.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #624
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Saberq hungry for more bans.
I said that day man.........I never said anything about French....my aunt is French......and I like my aunt
Old 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #625
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Yes!

A player must be mentally strong enough to not allow anything to distract his focus from the match. In 1920, the US final was tied at 2 sets a piece. Then, there was a plane crash close to the stadium. As the entire crowd left to go see what's going on, Tilden and Johnston kept playing the 5th set.

A player must be mentally tough, and must be focus on nothing but the next ball.

I love how the Aussies are so laid back and chill, the French are....well....the French, the British are polite and dull, and we Americans...well....we also have our own personality.
Indeed! Every crowd has their own personality, which is awesome IMO. As far as Roland Garros goes don't forget that these French are Parisians, who tend to be kinda snooty compared to the rest of France.

Also out of interest, who is that in your avatar dude?

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #626
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

IF Roger won´t do it-will need 200-400 points to do it and won´t he can remember his Miami R3 match against Roddick, and that game when he was aproaching net like idiot and let himself to be passed 3x.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #627
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Not anymore.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #628
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

he has to start converting those MP's for that.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #629
country flag vamosinator
Banned!

vamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
IF Roger won´t do it-will need 200-400 points to do it and won´t he can remember his Miami R3 match against Roddick, and that game when he was aproaching net like idiot and let himself to be passed 3x.
Yes, Nadal took the Sampras record away from Federer a couple of years ago, and now Roddick took it away perhaps. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? A little too ironic? Yes I really do think.
vamosinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #630
country flag Federer_28

Federer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer_28 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Not anymore.
Fed is still on target to get #1 .

He won 1 of IW / MIAMI , that's all he needed.

regardless of who wins Miami he's going to be 2000 Points ahead of everyone dating back to the US open.
Federer_28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote