Which slam would you like Roger to win the most in 2005 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which slam would you like to see Roger win the most in 2005?

Ninjalian Open 3 5.88%
Roger Garros 27 52.94%
Wimblefed 21 41.18%
R.F. Open 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #31
country flag federer_roar

federer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which slam would you like Roger to win the most in 2005

If I can only choose one , that definitely must be Wimbledon. I simply can't imagine if he lose his Wimbledon title. That would be a huge disappointment and sadness for him I guess.
federer_roar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2004, 02:51 PM   #32
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

From an egoistic point of view: RG because my coverage of RG tends to better than that of Wimbledon, after some consideration: Wimbledon, so that challenges remain.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:43 PM   #33

federer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond reputefederer_roar has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an excerpt how Roger described about Wimbledon.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/modules....er=asc&start=0

" PRO GAME: Wimbledon Preview: Greener Grass
Federer proves that style and variety can still be a winning combination.Tennis at the All England Club has long been considered about as artful as a rock fight. But this year, thanks to the versatility of the world’s new No. 1s, Roger Federer and Justine Henin-Hardenne, the grass-court game should shine with a rich, deep glow.
By Peter Bodo
From the July 2004 issue of TENNIS Magazine
Note: Since this article was published, the following players have withdrawn from Wimbledon: Justine Henin-Hardenne, Kim Clijsters, Gaston Gaudio and Andre Agassi, among others.

I remember my first Wimbledon, when I was a junior in 1998. From the first day, I loved it. I was thinking, “This is Wimbledon. I made it to Wimbledon. It’s the greatest.” Now I can watch all the other players. Now I can play on the courts I’ve seen all my life on TV. I can play on the same courts where all the stars warm up, and have even played some of their early round matches.
Then came my first match. I was so nervous, at first I hit every serve into the net. I remember thinking, “This can’t be! I’m not this bad, I don’t serve so bad. Something is wrong.”
So I went up to the umpire--you have to imagine, this is at Wimbledon--and I said, “Excuse me, sir, can you please check the net? I think it is too high.” And I would never think the net is too high if that wasn’t the case. Not at Wimbledon!
The umpire comes down from the chair. He checks the net very carefully. He looks at me and says, “The net is correct.” That’s when I realized I was just so nervous because this was Wimbledon.
Roger Federer sat back when he finished telling this story at Indian Wells this spring. His elastic features broke into a wide grin, and he laughed so hard his eyes vanished into slits. Since that day at Wimbledon, he has continued to accumulate memories of the All England Club, albeit of a different kind: Shortly after that episode, the Swiss prodigy won the junior title there. Then, in 2001, he leapt, nearly life-sized, onto the back page of London’s tabloids with a ripping fourth-round upset of defending champion Pete Sampras. And last July, Federer produced the appropriate, if delayed, encore--he won the whole thing.

Wimbledon is clearly a dream for him. And consecutively winning this title is a way to keep the dream goes on and on....
Old 10-21-2004, 04:08 PM   #34
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Which slam would you like Roger to win the most in 2005

federer_roar , can you post your avarat on Roger's Pic thread ?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 07:46 AM   #35
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

I second Suktuen. Please post that pic in the pic thread.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:28 AM   #36

The thing is I lost the original photo after tailored it to suit avatar's size. The picture now is so tiny and vague...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:19 PM   #37
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Wimby I guess since from his performance on grass these last 2 years, it's almost like he "should" be winning there.

But I will be in heaven if he can win RG, I was already so happy with his win in Hamburg this year can't imagine if he wins RG.
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #38
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsy
Wimby I guess since from his performance on grass these last 2 years, it's almost like he "should" be winning there.

But I will be in heaven if he can win RG, I was already so happy with his win in Hamburg this year can't imagine if he wins RG.

me too, we both go to heaven if Roger wins RG
Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 05:53 PM   #39
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

RG, just cuz he hasn't gotten that one yet
Old 10-24-2004, 06:12 PM   #40
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

Even though Roger Garros ist the one missing I's still go for Wimblefed
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:40 AM   #41
country flag fedsfan1

fedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for RG but I want to see him defend at the USO in 2005--for purely selfish reasons , I must say--so I can be there !!

RG so he can have all 4 GS!!
fedsfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:10 AM   #42
country flag Yoda

Yoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond reputeYoda has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya fedsfan1
Welcome aboard the Federer Express. We're all here on a wonderful journey

FEDERER
, Malisse, Baghdatis, Melzer, Agassi, Berdych, Safin, Santoro, Koubek, O.Rochus, Nadal, Hewitt, Gasquet, Acasuso
Yoda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:22 AM   #43
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

RG of course!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:32 PM   #44
country flag Sachu

Sachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond reputeSachu has a reputation beyond repute

I think that RG 2006 is for Roger without a doubt!
Kisses
Sachu
Sachu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote