Suicide Tennis Managers Thread 2012 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis Managers Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucian_iasi View Post
Can I take Rotterdam?
Of course

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 114 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 66 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if my pick in Doha Suicide was correct
First, I picked Federer as main, Nadal as BU. Then, I saw that Roger withdrew, so my main was now Nadal, and I decided to change it to Monfils instead - before the first match started. The schedule was 1. Nadal Monfils 2. Federer - Tsonga. I changed the pick about 30 minuted before the play started.

So was the change correct? Am I alive till next day?
Nadal Verdasco Bolelli Lopez Almagro Fognini Dimitrov Mahut Phau Lacko Volandri Guccione Bozoljac Davydenko Darcis Haas Becker Dancevic Monfils Mathieu Ginepri Karlovic Montanes Kudla Cuevas Tipsarevic Kohlschreiber Seppi Monaco Andreev L.Mayer Tursunov Gil Ilhan Udomchoke Copil Ram Janowicz Llodra Rochus Brown
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #18
country flag RoddickFan.

RoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixer View Post
Hi guys, just wanted to ask if my pick in Doha Suicide was correct
First, I picked Federer as main, Nadal as BU. Then, I saw that Roger withdrew, so my main was now Nadal, and I decided to change it to Monfils instead - before the first match started. The schedule was 1. Nadal Monfils 2. Federer - Tsonga. I changed the pick about 30 minuted before the play started.

So was the change correct? Am I alive till next day?
From my understanding, your change can be accepted since the pick was made before the first point of the day was played and does not bend the rules. Personally if I was the manager I would have accepted your pick, since picking Monfils would have put you at a disadvantage on paper anyway.

However, I could also see where the manager was coming from as this gives you an unfair advantage as compared to the other who did not know about the last-minute withdrawal, thus not having a chance to change their pick if they wanted to before the start of the Nadal-Monfils match.

Anyway, I guess I don't have the authority to decide, probably we shall wait for the suicide board people to give a proper response
Old 01-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
country flag RoddickFan.

RoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickFan. has a reputation beyond repute

Can I take Dubai/Acapulco?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #20
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddickFan. View Post
From my understanding, your change can be accepted since the pick was made before the first point of the day was played and does not bend the rules. Personally if I was the manager I would have accepted your pick, since picking Monfils would have put you at a disadvantage on paper anyway.

However, I could also see where the manager was coming from as this gives you an unfair advantage as compared to the other who did not know about the last-minute withdrawal, thus not having a chance to change their pick if they wanted to before the start of the Nadal-Monfils match.

Anyway, I guess I don't have the authority to decide, probably we shall wait for the suicide board people to give a proper response
Actually, the manager accepted my pick, but before that someone said that it may be incorrect. So I wanted to clarify the situation to be sure. Thanks for your answer though
Nadal Verdasco Bolelli Lopez Almagro Fognini Dimitrov Mahut Phau Lacko Volandri Guccione Bozoljac Davydenko Darcis Haas Becker Dancevic Monfils Mathieu Ginepri Karlovic Montanes Kudla Cuevas Tipsarevic Kohlschreiber Seppi Monaco Andreev L.Mayer Tursunov Gil Ilhan Udomchoke Copil Ram Janowicz Llodra Rochus Brown
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #21
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take Memphis, if nobody has yet

And I know it's a bit early, but I'm taking Monte-Carlo too Want to have my favorite tournament ensured
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 AM   #22
country flag lucian_iasi

lucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond reputelucian_iasi has a reputation beyond repute

I want to take Miami and Madrid too...if it's possible
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

which tournament will be played on week 5?
Old 01-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #24
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

When will the thread for week 5 be opened?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #25
country flag supertec

supertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond reputesupertec has a reputation beyond repute

What about this week's tournament?
supertec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
country flag Spain07

Spain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thread is opened (Vina del Mar):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11701800

Sorry, I wanted open this earlier, but I had problems with computer (like always)
Spain07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #27
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilnietė View Post
which tournament will be played on week 5?
Montpellier based on the poll.

I think Spain07 forgot he committed to this tournament.

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013/14 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spain07 View Post
Thread is opened (Vina del Mar):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11701800

Sorry, I wanted open this earlier, but I had problems with computer (like always)
So are you able to run the tournament?

It should be Montpellier based on the poll, not Vina del Mar...

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013/14 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #29
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I already thought so. Spain, please open another thread in Montpellier, I opened an emergency thread!
rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #30
country flag Spain07

Spain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
So are you able to run the tournament?

It should be Montpellier based on the poll, not Vina del Mar...
But due to late opening a thread, I decided to run it in Vina del Mar.
Spain07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote