US presidential election 2012 - Page 74 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #1096
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US presidential election 2012

What is it about Obama you like and Romney you don't like?

I don't understand how so many Brits are for Obama. Unless they are believing nothing but BBC propaganda.
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #1097
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much that I like one guy more than the other. In fact I don't really like either of them.

It's just Romney represents absolutely everything I hate about American politics. He is also clearly not capable enough to deal with the pressing issues America and thus by a large extension, the world faces.

He obviously disregards the most pressing matters on the agenda, such as climate change. He doesn't have the diplomatic finesse that is required of a job like the presidency.

I dread to think what could develop with issues like Iran under his presidency. Not to mention the diplomacy with China and North Korea.

Not only that, but he is totally focused on domestic issues. Which is obviously important, but as the most powerful man in the world. You need to tend to international issues as a matter of upmost importance.

Obama is the lesser of two evils but I still wouldn't vote for him.

The only people that win out of elections are the people who line these politicians pockets, the militaries, conglomerates and international corporations who are desperate to protect their profits.

What use is profit if we don't have a planet to live on, let alone a tolerable one.

Fuck politics.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #1098

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

But see that's the whole point. Obama and Romney basically agreed on every foreign policy issue. Nothing is going to change in that regard. That's why I don't get all the foreign support for him. It's all media bs.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #1099
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless on what they agree on, Obama has the diplomatic finesse if required. Romney is just another asshole conservative hard liner who'd prefer to destroy us all than talk his way out of a critical situation.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Old 11-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #1100

See that's the whole point.

Romney isn't a hard-liner. He was never a hard-liner. Bush wasn't a hard-liner. Not compared with many in the party. Obama and Kerry were the most left-wing members of their party when nominated. I wish foreigners could understand American elections instead of just reading bits from the newspapers.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 11-06-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #1101
country flag Fujee

Okay, perhaps not as much a hard liner as Reagan. But don't tell me if Iran kicked off, he'd talk his way out of the problem.

David Foster Wallace
Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1102
country flag Fujee

Also generally, Brits are generally for Obama because he cares about government funded health care. Which is one of the few admirable facets of our national political conscience (even though the tory scum bags want rid of it). Like Obama we dont want people to die on the streets, unlike Romney, who is happy to do so.

David Foster Wallace
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #1103

That has got to be the most deplorable belief that Europeans have. And it goes back decades.

People don't die outside of hospitals because they don't have money. Hospitals can't refuse to treat people. You think when the police show up at a shooting that they check for health insurance before sending them to the hospital?

Saying Romney is happy to have people to die in the streets is just the worst example of what happens in these elections.

The problem with national health care has always been that it is so thoroughly abused by the worst elements of society. I go to the hospital once a year for a check-up (that I pay for) and have never had a serious illness or surgery. Yet people want me to pay out the ass for a system that will turn everything over to the government bureaucrats in the event something does happen, who get to decide my doctor, my treatment and when and where and so and so forth.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 11-06-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #1104
country flag Fujee

What about people with Cancer for example.. Do they get free treatment?

David Foster Wallace
Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #1105

The way those things are handled is different in each case. But no, someone who has cancer will have to pay their medical bills. And if the government takes that over, we will have a complete welfare state and you see what happens to the world then.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1106
country flag Fujee

Yes, more people live. My god what an absolute travesty.

Seriously, if you think health care is not a fundamental human right, there is no point in even having a discussion.

David Foster Wallace
Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #1107

A fundamental human right that productive members of society be soaked to pay bills for the sick and dying?

Like I said, not good for the human race.

FYI, I would kill myself if I had cancer or a terminal disease. I wouldn't go through the medical treatments and burden others.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #1108
country flag Fujee

Yes, I believe we all have a responsibility to help when someone is in dire need of medical care. Even if that impacts our taxes by an amount.

This isn't even a political issue, it's a fundamental altruistic human concern.

Fair enough, you would turn down the assistance, but what about people that want to live, what about people that could potentially change the world for the better if they could live?

Some of our finest minds could be having their lives cut short by the greed and short sighted selfishness of people who can't bare to pay just that little bit extra so that we can all have the insurance of free health if we ever need it.

It shouldn't be politicised it's a right.

David Foster Wallace
Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #1109

It's a right that other people pay for your health care?

I couldn't disagree more.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #1110
country flag Greystoke

Greystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard of the phrase "Fuck you got mine" and now I have seen the living breathing embodiment of it.
Greystoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote