US presidential election 2012 - Page 61 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #901
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US presidential election 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
According to CNBC and CNN, Ryan was the winner.

We'll see. Wasn't particularly impressed by either of them. Biden was overly aggressive (possibly a liberal response to the first debate) and Ryan too vague and evasive.
I don't see Ryan interrupting him and acting like an immature child (Biden) as being evasive. I agree that he should have been more aggressive. And their plans are wishful thinking. I don't know why Ryan or Romney hasn't just flat out stated that even with a super majority, the Democrats did absolutely nothing but spend and spend. No plans whatsoever for the future is the story of their campaign.
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #902
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
What about the U.S. Senate majority leader making now proven false allegations based upon a anonymous source who would be a criminal with illegal access if he even existed and was likely didn't have any credibility at all?

You don't think the fact that Reid hasn't apologized, much less been censured is not a serious problem with double standards and lies?
Technically he hasn't been proven false, Romney still hasn't released any tax returns from more than 3 years ago.

Now, I will admit that what Reid said is most likely false (obviously), and he shouldn't have done that (however entertaining and hilarious that was). But you can really take your hypocrisy and shove it. Republican vice president swearing at a Senator? Check. Republican vice-presidential candidate claiming that there are "death panels"? Check.

But honestly. Politicians making up facts and labelling false accusations? Hardly a new thing in american (or any other country for that matter) politics. If you really want to censure anyone, look for those making inside trading deals instead.

Quote:
I don't see Ryan interrupting him and acting like an immature child (Biden) as being evasive. I agree that he should have been more aggressive. And their plans are wishful thinking. I don't know why Ryan or Romney hasn't just flat out stated that even with a super majority, the Democrats did absolutely nothing but spend and spend. No plans whatsoever for the future is the story of their campaign.
I hate this democratic supermajority nonsense.

The democrats only EVER had a 6 month period where they had a supermajority (and half of that was spent in recess)

With the remaining period, they managed to pass the healthcare bill (which under any other circumstances would not have passed)

So to argue that democrats did failed with their supermajority is nonsense.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #903

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

So the Senate Majority leader making accusations based upon anonymous sources is hilarious and entertaining? So what, we can do that and call it entertainment and satire? I don't understand that mentality.

What Reid did was as unprecedented as it was despicable.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #904
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So the Senate Majority leader making accusations based upon anonymous sources is hilarious and entertaining? So what, we can do that and call it entertainment and satire? I don't understand that mentality.

What Reid did was as unprecedented as it was despicable.
It's hilarious and entertaining because he said what a lot of people wanted said to Mitt Romney (though it was obviously over the top).

You obviously selectively read and skated over the part where I said it was wrong.

And I see you also selectively chose to ignore the supermajority fact now.

I will say this again: Facts have a liberal bias.

W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12

W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #905
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

the democratic vice puppet provided better entertainment value than the republican vice puppet.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #906
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
The US world is run by a few large companies global banking cartel (central and commercial), and they are running it into the ground.
fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Care to name them?
"Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world"
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...the-world.html

“...the study, by a trio of complex systems theorists at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, is the first to go beyond ideology to empirically identify such a network of power. It combines the mathematics long used to model natural systems with comprehensive corporate data to map ownership among the world's transnational corporations (TNCs). The work, to be published in PLoS One, revealed a core of 1318 companies with interlocking ownerships. Each of the 1318 had ties to two or more other companies, and on average they were connected to 20. What's more, although they represented 20 per cent of global operating revenues, the 1318 appeared to collectively own through their shares the majority of the world's large blue chip and manufacturing firms - the "real" economy - representing a further 60 per cent of global revenues.”

"Reality is so complex, we must move away from dogma, whether it's conspiracy theories or free-market," says James Glattfelder. "Our analysis is reality-based."

The Network of Global Corporate Control - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/...107.5728v2.pdf

Abstract
"The structure of the control network of transnational corporations affects global market competition and financial stability. So far, only small national samples were studied and there was no appropriate methodology to assess control globally. We present the first investigation of the architecture of the international ownership network, along with the computation of the control held by each global player. We find that transnational corporations form a giant bow-tie structure and that a large portion of control flows to a small tightly-knit core of financial institutions. This core can be seen as an economic 'super-entity' that raises new important issues both for researchers and policy makers."

"This is the first time a ranking of economic actors by global control is presented. Notice that many of the actors belong to the financial sector and many of the names are well-known global players. The interest of this ranking is not that it exposes unsuspected powerful players. Instead, it shows that many of the top actors belong to the core. This means they do not carry out their business in isolation but, on the contrary, they are tied together in an extremely entangled web of control. This finding is extremely important since there was no prior economic theory or empirical evidence regarding whether and how top players are connected. Finally, it should be noted that governments and natural persons are only featured further down in the list.”

Top 50 Superconnected control-holders, Country

1 BARCLAYS PLC GB
2 CAPITAL GROUP COMPANIES INC US
3 FMR CORP US
4 AXA FRANCE
5 STATE STREET CORPORATION US
6 JP MORGAN CHASE & CO. US
7 LEGAL & GENERAL GROUP PLC GB
8 VANGUARD GROUP, INC., US
9 UBS AG SWITZERLAND
10 MERRILL LYNCH & CO., INC. US
11 WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO. L.L.P. US
12 DEUTSCHE BANK AG GERMANY
13 FRANKLIN RESOURCES, INC. US
14 CREDIT SUISSE GROUP SWITZERLAND
15 WALTON ENTERPRISES LLC US
16 BANK OF NEWYORKMELLON CORP. US
17 NATIXIS FRANCE
18 GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP, INC., US
19 T. ROWEPRICE GROUP, INC. US
20 LEGG MASON, INC. US
21 MORGAN STANLEY US
22 MITSUBISHI UFJ FINANCIAL GROUP, INC. JAPAN
23 NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION US
24 SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE FRANCE
25 BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATION US
26 LLOYDS TSB GROUPPLC GB
27 INVESCOPLC GB
28 ALLIANZSE GERMANY
29 TIAA US
30 OLD MUTUAL PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY GB
31 AVIVAPLC GB
32 SCHRODERSPLC GB
33 DODGE & COX US
34 LEHMAN BROTHERS HOLDINGS, INC. US
35 SUN LIFE FINANCIAL, INC. CANADA
36 STANDARDLIFEPLC GB
37 CNCE FRANCE
38 NOMURA HOLDINGS, INC. JAPAN
39 THE DEPOSITORY TRUST COMPANY US
40 MASSACHUSETTS MUTUAL LIFE INSUR. US
41 INGGROEP N.V. NETHERLANDS
42 BRANDES INVESTMENT PARTNERS, L.P. US
43 UNICREDITO ITALIANO SPA ITALY
44 DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION OF JP JAPAN
45 VERENIGING AEGON NETHERLANDS
46 BNPPARIBAS FRANCE
47 AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP, INC. US
48 RESONA HOLDINGS, INC. JAPAN
49 CAPITAL GROUP INTERNATIONAL, INC. US
50 CHINA PETROCHEMICAL GROUP CO. CHINA

banks control all major industries including oil, pharmaceuticals, food, weapons, telecoms, etc, etc. it’s just one massive cartel controlled from the top down.....'competition is sin'.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #907
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was a tied between two guys, but I think personally Biden's reaction was so appalling and so unusual, i mean to me he looked like he had too much drinks before this debate, he was totally unprofessional tonight, i mean smirking and laughing and keep interupting Paul every single time. To me i thought Biden was better than this, im very disappointed that he didnt deliver it as much as i thought. I thought Paul was calm cool and collected and didn't seemed bothered even though Biden was just plain ol rude. But Biden did a hell of alot better than Obama i give him that, because i also saw the presidental debate and it was one-sided obvious from the beginning. Obama was confused, lost and didnt know what the hell he was doing at all. And the democrats and the white house still blame the youtube tape, which to me is just unbelieveably ridiculous, its like why are you keep lying to the american people. I tell you what, if Obama and Biden don't get their shit together, i dunno what will happen but it will get so dam ugly if their inconsistencies continue.
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #908
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

And im also amazed at the lady asking the questions, what about the economy, foreign policy and taxes, no one cares about the abortion and other shit they were saying. She just kept mention the abortion crap like thats the biggest problem in our country right now.
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #909

It's like the draft in 2004. The abortion issue comes up because some social conservatives are against it. And they try to play it off like that should be the issue that women vote on.

But that's not the President's decision anyway. They seem to miss that point. They used that constantly against Bush in 2000 and 2004. It was nonsense. He was never/could never ban abortion.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #910
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
fixed.

“...the study, by a trio of complex systems theorists at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, is the first to go beyond ideology to empirically identify such a network of power. It combines the mathematics long used to model natural systems with comprehensive corporate data to map ownership among the world's transnational corporations (TNCs). The work, to be published in PLoS One, revealed a core of 1318 companies with interlocking ownerships. Each of the 1318 had ties to two or more other companies, and on average they were connected to 20. What's more, although they represented 20 per cent of global operating revenues, the 1318 appeared to collectively own through their shares the majority of the world's large blue chip and manufacturing firms - the "real" economy - representing a further 60 per cent of global revenues.”

"Reality is so complex, we must move away from dogma, whether it's conspiracy theories or free-market," says James Glattfelder. "Our analysis is reality-based."

Abstract
"The structure of the control network of transnational corporations affects global market competition and financial stability. So far, only small national samples were studied and there was no appropriate methodology to assess control globally. We present the first investigation of the architecture of the international ownership network, along with the computation of the control held by each global player. We find that transnational corporations form a giant bow-tie structure and that a large portion of control flows to a small tightly-knit core of financial institutions. This core can be seen as an economic 'super-entity' that raises new important issues both for researchers and policy makers."

"This is the first time a ranking of economic actors by global control is presented. Notice that many of the actors belong to the financial sector and many of the names are well-known global players. The interest of this ranking is not that it exposes unsuspected powerful players. Instead, it shows that many of the top actors belong to the core. This means they do not carry out their business in isolation but, on the contrary, they are tied together in an extremely entangled web of control. This finding is extremely important since there was no prior economic theory or empirical evidence regarding whether and how top players are connected. Finally, it should be noted that governments and natural persons are only featured further down in the list.”

1 BARCLAYS PLC GB
3 FMR CORP US
4 AXA FRANCE
9 UBS AG SWITZERLAND
17 NATIXIS FRANCE
20 LEGG MASON, INC. US
21 MORGAN STANLEY US
27 INVESCOPLC GB
28 ALLIANZSE GERMANY
29 TIAA US
31 AVIVAPLC GB
32 SCHRODERSPLC GB
33 DODGE & COX US
36 STANDARDLIFEPLC GB
37 CNCE FRANCE
46 BNPPARIBAS FRANCE

banks control all major industries including oil, pharmaceuticals, food, weapons, telecoms, etc, etc. it’s just one massive cartel controlled from the top down.....'competition is sin'.
great post

key word: cartel ...not surprising really since the federal reserve system the west is economically governed by for the last 99yrs is the best definition of a cartel...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #911
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
fixed.

Abstract

1 BARCLAYS PLC GB
3 FMR CORP US
4 AXA FRANCE
9 UBS AG SWITZERLAND
17 NATIXIS FRANCE
20 LEGG MASON, INC. US
21 MORGAN STANLEY US
27 INVESCOPLC GB
28 ALLIANZSE GERMANY
29 TIAA US
31 AVIVAPLC GB
32 SCHRODERSPLC GB
33 DODGE & COX US
36 STANDARDLIFEPLC GB
37 CNCE FRANCE
46 BNPPARIBAS FRANCE

The first report concludes that wealth attracts wealth and this is natural. There is no conspiracy. And I think all of these companies are publically owned. So in reality the public controls everything.
The second report is academic gobbledeygook. Just read the last paragraph. Totally meaningless jargon.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #912
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post

Biden clearly overcompensated but still comfortably won this one.
Even if you say it often enough, it still won't be true.

From what I am reading, Biden is being criticised across the board for giving the impression that he thinks eye rolling and snickering are debate tactics. It was obvious from the start that Biden's mission for the evening was to counteract Obama's disinterest in any kind of speech that doesn't involve a teleprompter. But when it is forced disdain, it is glaringly obvious.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #913
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Virtually everyone says it's about even with both bases being happy, so you libertarian assholes can shove it. Gary Johnson will destroy Romney's chances of winning, Ron Paul nut huggers. And Biden's "behavior" alone will not supersede the obvious fact Ryan lacked substance. Ryan is all soundbites.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #914
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

i was sure Biden will kick Ryan's ass..

who would have thought?

i think Biden was looking Arrogant, smug and too pleased with himself so he might "won" but ppl thought it was so uncall for so he lost
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #915
country flag orangehat

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Even if you say it often enough, it still won't be true.

From what I am reading, Biden is being criticised across the board for giving the impression that he thinks eye rolling and snickering are debate tactics. It was obvious from the start that Biden's mission for the evening was to counteract Obama's disinterest in any kind of speech that doesn't involve a teleprompter. But when it is forced disdain, it is glaringly obvious.
Obviously buddyholly not sharing a strong relationship with the facts, as usual.

Most polls of voters had Biden ahead, and those that had him ahead were by larger margins than polls showing ryan ahead.

Furthermore, Larry Sabato, Taegan Goddard both agree that Biden won comfortably. Fox news called it a "tie" which essentially means Biden won.

Almost everyone agrees that Biden probably went overboard, but Ryan's abject refusal to answer any specifics as well as implicit advocation for the overturning of Roe v. Wade meant Biden came across as much more solid than Ryan did.