US presidential election 2012 - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #646
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US presidential election 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
My only criticism of you and our Chilean friend is that you're both idiots who obviously can't read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
cnn international better start its coverage soon. i'm getting politically dehydrated here. btw i am rooting for paul, jimmy, it has little to do with his political ideas though. he just seems like the last stand-up guy ou there. go doc!
look Jim... look... he is coming towards the light...

walk Rrrainer, keep walking towards the light... bathe in its goodness... rejuvinate your soul...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #647
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Santorum has won Tennessee, Oklahoma and is leading Ohio and North Dakota.

Romney has won Virginia, Massachusetts and Vermont.

Gingrich has won Georgia with 48% of the vote to 23% for Romney and 21% for Santorum.

If these results hold up, you'd have to venture it's pretty much back to square one. Santorum would still be the conservatives' candidate. Romney would still be in the position of having to defend why he cannot win Southern states and why he cannot win with blue collar, working class, conservative voters on any consistent basis. Gingrich would be able to tout himself as the anti-Romney candidate and set himself to clean up the upcoming primaries throughout the South.

Hopefully Rick wins Ohio!!!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #648
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By that logic, every candidate is irrelevant besides Romney.

Stating the obvious while putting words in other people's mouths is idiotic.

Don't know why I'm even wasting my time with this.
ron paul fans are an intriguing lot.

it sure takes a pretty high degree of disconnection from reality to think that he'd do a good job running a country. then again, looking at the other candidates one kind of gets the point of the depressing state of affairs of the american political spectrum...

in any case, i guess that most yanks see a guy like paul and think to themselves "yeah, interesting fella" because he kind of evokes the principles of opportunities and free market most white americans are so fond of (in theory of course). then again, when it comes to think about him seriously, the vote por paul is more like "thanks but no thanks". as whacky as some americans are, they're still too conservative to go for paul.

i even think the racism thing isn't that big of a deal for most yanks. after all, who hasn't said something racist at least once, right?? and if he can get the gvt to stop drilling my pockets avoid financing the poorest (most of them blacks and latinos anyway), i'll be able to buy more i pods and a get a bigger mortage. only then i'll be happy... or maybe only happier.. who knows?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #649
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who would you vote for Bilbo?
Anyone but Romney.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #650
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post

it sure takes a pretty high degree of disconnection from reality to think that he'd do a good job running a country. then again, looking at the other candidates one kind of gets the point of the depressing state of affairs of the american political spectrum...
He gets an A+ for running his personal estate.
He gets an A+ for running a business.
He gets an A for running Massachussets (6th in the nation in personal income).

What makes you think he could not transfer that management skill to a country?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #651
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

SUPER TUESDAY FULL RESULTS

Georgia
Gingrich 47%
Romney 26%
Santorum 20%
Paul 6.5%

Ohio
Romney 38%
Santorum 37%
Gingrich 15%
Paul 9%

Tennessee
Santorum 37%
Romney 28%
Gingrich 24%
Paul 9%

Oklahoma
Santorum 34%
Romney 28%
Gingrich 28%
Paul 9.5%

Virginia
Romney 60%
Paul 40%

Massachusetts
Romney 72%
Santorum 12%
Paul 9.5%
Gingrich 4.5%

Vermont
Romney 40%
Paul 25%
Santorum 24%
Gingrich 8%

Idaho
Romney 62%
Santorum 18%
Paul 18%
Gingrich 2%

Alaska
Romney 32%
Santorum 29%
Paul 24%
Gingrich 14%

North Dakota
Santorum 40%
Paul 28%
Romney 24%
Gingrich 8.5%
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #652
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
btw i am rooting for paul, jimmy, it has little to do with his political ideas though. he just seems like the last stand-up guy ou there. go doc!

One small step for Rainy, one giant leap for libertarianism. This might be the greatest day of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
look Jim... look... he is coming towards the light...

walk Rrrainer, keep walking towards the light... bathe in its goodness... rejuvinate your soul...
We're getting there, we're getting there. Slowly but surely, if we work together, we can bring him back from the dark side. I know there's good in him, I can feel it. The emperor hasn't driven it from him fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
ron paul fans are an intriguing lot.

in any case, i guess that most yanks see a guy like paul and think to themselves "yeah, interesting fella" because he kind of evokes the principles of opportunities and free market most white americans are so fond of (in theory of course). then again, when it comes to think about him seriously, the vote por paul is more like "thanks but no thanks". as whacky as some americans are, they're still too conservative to go for paul.

i even think the racism thing isn't that big of a deal for most yanks. after all, who hasn't said something racist at least once, right?? and if he can get the gvt to stop drilling my pockets avoid financing the poorest (most of them blacks and latinos anyway), i'll be able to buy more i pods and a get a bigger mortage. only then i'll be happy... or maybe only happier.. who knows?
That's what I love about you abraxas. You've got a ... "personality".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Anyone but Romney.
Seriously? If it's about war Gingrich and Santorum are as bad as Romney.

Got to be RON PAUL all the way.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #653
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

All Super Tuesday showed is that the Republicans are as divided as ever.

Romney of course will end up as the nominee.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #654
country flag Jimnik

Regarding Dr Paul:
Quote:
Georgia 3% 6.5%
Ohio 5% 9%
Tennessee 6% 9%
Oklahoma 3% 9.5%
Vermont 7% 25%
Virginia 5% 40%
Idaho 24% 18%
Massachusetts 3% 9.5%
Alaska 17% 24%
North Dakota 21% 28%
Improved everywhere from 2008, except stupid Idaho. Definitely the biggest blow of the night. In 21 states, that's the first time he's gone backwards. Alaska was disappointing too.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #655
country flag Jimnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
All Super Tuesday showed is that the Republicans are as divided as ever.

Romney of course will end up as the nominee.
Media are overplaying the importance of "getting behind one candidate". In 2008 the Democrats were more divided than the Republicans.

Obama is the favourite but whoever gets nominated will run him close.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #656
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

In 2008 people were actually excited about Barack and Hillary. There was enthusiasm in the air regarding both, both were seen as change candidates, things were going to get better with them at the helm. That isn't the same in 2012. Mitt Romney will win by DEFAULT only but what's clear is that he isn't really well received. Even in Ohio, a majority of Republican voters said that Romney doesn't share their values. He's only going to be the nominee because he's not completely batshit crazy like Santorum and Gingrich.

And since both Rick and Newt has something to hang their hats on from Super Tuesday, this charade will last all the way through to the convention. Barack is so far in the drivers seat right now, especially if the housing numbers and overall economy continue improving. Republicans could have attacked Barack on the soaring gas prices but since most of them are in bed with the big oil corporations who are shitting people out of money, they don't even have that to run on

Unless the economy takes a drastic step in the wrong direction, the negativity surrounding the entire Republican nomination process, low voter turnouts, lack of credibility and sincerity and overall slickster-vibe that most see out of Romney, and the belief from most Republicans that Romney isn't a real conservative all mean whoever the Romney is a severe underdog come November.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #657
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seriously? If it's about war Gingrich and Santorum are as bad as Romney.

Got to be RON PAUL all the way.
All Republicans are war monkeys except Ron Paul.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #658
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

If Gingrich would just drop out and endorse Santorum...

Matosevic, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Dolgopolov, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #659
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I know. I so much wish he would do it, but he won't because he has an agenda, which is to sabotage the Republican party. Also, Southern and Midwestern states are coming up. This is Newt's territory coming up now and if he cleans house, he can re-position himself as the anti-Romney candidate. Newt is the true wildcard here because he's a horrible person, genuinely. And with the way the Republican base has gone out of their way to shove Newt out of the way, be sure he is going to do everything he can to give them a taste of their own medicine.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #660
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
He gets an A+ for running his personal estate.
He gets an A+ for running a business.
He gets an A for running Massachussets (6th in the nation in personal income).

What makes you think he could not transfer that management skill to a country?
interesting. how many A's does he get for running his i-phone?