US presidential election 2012 - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #211
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US presidential election 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Christians and Catholics should get out of the West too, then?
as much as aloimeh and his kind would like us to believe otherwise, i got to insist with the premise that Catholics are Christians too

Old 12-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #212
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Christians and Catholics should get out of the West too, then?
I think he meant that people should stay in the countries they are born in if they are not willing to adapt to countries they may move to.

Not that I am supporting his idea.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #213
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...s-in-iowa.html

Quote:
Paul leads in Iowa

the old man easily outdistancing the rest of the field...
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #214
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Kierkegaard explained it first.

The two thinkers have a very different approach to the matter, and I am not so much interested in who said it "first" as in who said it in a way that is likely to grab more people's attention.

Nietzsche is not only more popular than Kierkegaard among the younger generation, he is also (emphatically) not a theist, and so his claims about the destructive results of the "death of God" are less likely to be dismissed as the biased presumptions of an interested party.

But please accept my congratulations for your feeble attempt at one-upmanship.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #215
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...s-in-iowa.html

the old man easily outdistancing the rest of the field...
Yep, Ron Paul finally getting some decent results.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #216
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Paul's fans tend to appear in mass at these straw polls, sadly don't read much into it.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #217
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

just got back from the movies and i gotta say while i did like "the ides of march", some things didn't add up. major plot holes, implausible storyline etc.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #218
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Paul's fans tend to appear in mass at these straw polls, sadly don't read much into it.
If they also appear in mass at the elections, good enough
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #219
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
That wasn't a straw poll. Public Policy Polling is a legit polling company that puts a lot of effort into attempting to scientifically replicate the applicable electorate in its samples, although primary caucuses are notoriously difficult to predict. Paul is a serious contender and according to Intrade currently has the best odds to win Iowa, which would likely give him a boost in New Hampshire, where he's currently polling second:

http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/?eventClassId=19
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #220
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

paul the renaissance man
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #221
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

The publicity coming out on the racist newsletters he used to publish has killed his chances.

Yesterday he told Wolf Blitzer that although he was the publisher of the newsletter which made lots of money, the content of the newsletter had nothing to do with him.
Today when CNN returned to the story, he walked out of the interview.

He is this week's Herman Cain.

Last edited by buddyholly : 12-22-2011 at 01:54 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #222
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
just got back from the movies and i gotta say while i did like "the ides of march", some things didn't add up. major plot holes, implausible storyline etc.
I thought it was going to be a political thriller, but politics was just the setting, not the theme. The Descendants was not great either, but Hollywood can see no wrong with Clooney. He needs to be at the awards for the TV ratings, thus all the nominations will keep coming.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 AM   #223
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
The publicity coming out on the racist newsletters he used to publish has killed his chances.

Yesterday he told Wolf Blitzer that although he was the publisher of the newsletter which made lots of money, the content of the newsletter had nothing to do with him.
Today when CNN returned to the story, he walked out of the interview.

He is this week's Herman Cain.
i think it is a pretty thin argument... to have to dig so deep and so far back to get any dirt on paul is pretty poor and anyone with half a brain knows that it's impossible for raging libertarians to hold any sort of racial line other than equality amongst the individual people of the state... paul is not going away... the media think they have found something, but it won't stick...

gingrinch's change of opinion depending on the forecast of his bank account is another thing entirely...
Old 12-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #224
country flag fast_clay

Old 12-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #225
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
i think it is a pretty thin argument... to have to dig so deep and so far back to get any dirt on paul is pretty poor and anyone with half a brain knows that it's impossible for raging libertarians to hold any sort of racial line other than equality amongst the individual people of the state...
So the fact that these things were published in his newsletter under his name does not necessarily mean it was something he believed? Then why should we accept that what he says today is something he believes?
From what you wrote above it seems the logical conclusion to be drawn is that he is not a libertarian.

Or as someone said, if his own newsletter was publishing racist articles in his name and he did not know it, then he is not competent to be president.