The Religious Debate Thread : "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible etc - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #76
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Misogynistic" passages in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
why wait so long, the LORD has given good people like you permission to carry his punishment on Earth before the day of judgement, I say you should go and take care of those fuckers who defile the word of the LORD by your own hands, OT-style

this is what religion does to you ladies and gentlemen, the more seriously you take it, the more vile, despicable and intolerant you become, first he pretends he's a man of science, and now this good Christian and man of God admits he fancy the idea of people burning eternally in hellfire and looks forward to it
Well, as far as I can tell it's Saudi Arabia that's run more Old Testament "style" than anything I do. No, scratch that, it's run according to the Koran, which means it's inspired not by God but the enemy.

It's not my job to exact judgment on anybody. I am a sinner like everyone else and in need of God's salvation and forgiveness. It's God who will punish. But I think that needed to be stated clearly and openly because many here hate the thought of God judging their behavior after they die. And you're one of them.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #77
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Hm... the really rabid thing here is your post I'm afraid. Since you claim you are Serb/part Serb, maybe you'll recollect what the former Patriarch of the Serbian Orthodox Church said, "Let's be human even though we are Serbs".
I am not a member of the SPC, it's pretty much a false church. So I don't care what Gojko Stojcevic had to say. I think what he said at the time was valid, but it's not addressed to me anyway, so it's neither here nor there.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Old 11-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #78
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post
How can you possibly call yourself Christian?
Who are you to ask that? It's hilarious that you criticism Catholicism, yet you behave like some kind of holy inquisition around here. Get a grip really.

Quote:
I am not a member of the SPC, it's pretty much a false church. So I don't care what Gojko Stojcevic had to say. I think what he said at the time was valid, but it's not addressed to me anyway, so it's neither here nor there.
Btw, who do you belong? Seems like some kind of rabid quasi-Christian cult to me
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #79
country flag Aloimeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Who are you to ask that? It's hilarious that you criticism Catholicism, yet you behave like some kind of holy inquisition around here. Get a grip really.

Btw, who do you belong? Seems like some kind of rabid quasi-Christian cult to me
Yes, saying "How can you call yourself a Christian?" equals hiding rapist pedophilia within the church, operating concentration camps in Croatia, operating the rack and other torture devices in Spain, burning Bible translators at the stake...

Don't you have any sense of measure or decency?

To whom do I belong? God.

Last edited by Aloimeh : 11-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #80
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So I need to stop saying this even while she rips Deuteronomy 22 out of every Bible she can find (especially ones that don't belong to her) and sets fire to the pages?
It's just a book FFS

Listening to Aloimeh talk about how Catholicism is far from Christianity made me remember this pic:

http://apina.biz/49796.jpg
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #81
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Aloimeh. This is comedy gold.

Quote:
Really, it doesn't surprise me that you didn't post about her behavior, because you seem to think it not particularly bad.

Let's see: hate crime (hatred of Judaism and Christianity), destruction of the property of others, vandalism, arson in a hotel. Anything I left out? The woman is guilty of multiple felonies in every hotel in which Bibles are kept in the bedrooms. She's admitted as much herself.

Your response: let's talk about Aloimeh's outraged words on an internet forum instead of dealing with her arson.

Lest we forget: "Where they burn books, so too will they in the end burn human beings." (Heine)
Outraged words? I think you understated the nature of the words that you chose to use in that post of yours.

I don't agree with what Sunset claims to do, but I definitely don't think it's as bad as what you wrote, precisely because of the standards to which you hold yourself and the fact that you call yourself a Christian. This may be news to you, but to a non-believer like me who knows nothing about Christianity apart from the "gentle, sweet and mild image" that my friends present to me, a person who claims to be Christian shouldn't be sprouting the kind of vile hatred - yes, it is hatred - that you directed at Sunset. What's this thing about turning the other cheek? I know nothing about Christianity, so please educate me.

Quote:
I mean that the Jesus gentle, sweet, and mild image is not effective for all or even most people. It's also a half-truth. There's a whole other side of God - the holy, perfect judge - that needs to be conveyed to unbelievers. If your friends are anything like what you say they are, I suppose they are the sort that say "I totally understand where you're coming from. I personally believe in Jesus as my savior, but I can understand your different belief system, and that's OK."

It's NOT OK. It's not just false, it's not Christianity at all.
It's not Christianity according to you. My boyfriend doesn't think my best friend's version of Christianity is Christianity. So what? They both believe in the same God, as do you. And you know what? I way prefer their saccharine version of Christianity than what you've portrayed it to be in this thread and on this forum.

Quote:

Catholicism is as different from Christianity as from Islam.
Sure. But Catholicism is a form of Christianity, is it not?

Quote:

Well your friends lovey-dovey BS doesn't seem to have convinced you to believe. I can see that the other approach doesn't either.

Again, Catholicism is as far from Christianity as Islam or Hinduism. Stop telling us that you know what Christianity is all about.
I don't know anything about Christianity except for some random hymns and information that I picked up from my friends. Catholics and Christians, however, essentially (note this word) believe in the same God, do they not?

Don't worry, it's not just Christianity that I'm not convinced of. I grew up in an extended family that practises a form of Taoism. I don't believe that either.

Quote:

And I like to see how you take special offense at someone who knows the scriptures and can quote them to you. I'm apparently brainwashed according to you. Memo: you can know someone is brainwashed only by knowing their life history and/or witnessing their way of arguing. The fact that their beliefs are rigid and even socially-unacceptable doesn't mean they are brainwashed. I don't just spit out answers with no backing, I always try to back everything up with Bible quotes. That's hardly brainwashing, it's called being a well-informed Christian.
I can definitely accept that you're an intelligent person. This is why it befuddles me, to say the least, that you're capable of saying the things that you do. See, I don't have a problem with your faith; why should I? It's none of my business and what you choose to believe doesn't affect me one bit. It does agitate me, however, when I see people like you directing hatred and judgment towards those that don't share your belief system. This is my fundamental problem with religious people, no matter of what faith. It breeds intolerance, which leads me to this...

Quote:
Well, as far as I can tell it's Saudi Arabia that's run more Old Testament "style" than anything I do. No, scratch that, it's run according to the Koran, which means it's inspired not by God but the enemy.
Pretty much speaks for itself, does it not?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #82
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Brainwashed.. you know you've been brainwashed when you blindly believe what you're taught without ever stopping to wonder whether something else might be right.. maybe what you've been told is incorrect. Hey, much of what the bible or other religious scriptures say might be true for all I know, but likely untrue due to it just being words without evidence, for all we know the life you lead is pot luck and at the end regardless of how you were as a person everyone has the same fate.. the point is, being so sure about things that can't be proven apart from by pages written by people - strangers even.. is a bit demented.. you can try arguing about it all day, but there's nothing to argue about.. whether it ends up being true or not, being so sure is idiotic.

Not as if you'd blindly trust some random hobo who told you rats were all powerful.. yet you see people claiming they know what God wants of us, they know he/she/it exists, they know the Bible/Quran/Harry Potter speaks the truth and must be adhered to otherwise we're all going to some place that sounds eerily similar to what is said in fairy tales.

One thing about the bible and religion though.. this blind belief may have caused death and suffering, but we would most likely not be as safe as we even are today in the world without religion. Even though I'm pretty sure it's all bullshit myself, I would never want to see a world without religion as a peaceholder. Law and science can only hold up society for so long until things come crashing down around us.. without people having some hope in there being a blessing for the righteous believers after death, rather than the most likely eventuality of just rotting in the ground regardless of what tripe you are told is the truth, crime would be high.. there would be nothing to contain the religious nutters without religion.. they would just be nutters.

Many folk have and will prevent themselves from descending into crime and corruption due to the one thing we most adhere to: fear. In fact the brainwashing begins with fear, the act of believing in God and what he/she apparently told us is a great way to control us and our natural evils.. I suppose they figured that out as we developed and became more aware of our violent tendencies.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #83
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, saying "How can you call yourself a Christian?" equals hiding rapist pedophilia within the church, operating concentration camps in Croatia, operating the rack and other torture devices in Spain, burning Bible translators at the stake...

Don't you have any sense of measure or decency?
Your constant pointing fingers left, right and center would make you a decent apprentice for an inquisitor. You're a classic case of holier than thou attitude, what on Earth gives you the right to behave like that? Or to borrow your words, don't you have any sense of measure...?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #84
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Yeah I have not met one like Aloimeh either.

Believe it or not, I was actually once religious, around the time of my confirmation and a few years after that. But slowly doubt crept in and my views have changed. While I might be open to a vague notion of a deity (and I don't believe in that either), it certainly has nothing to do with any that the organized religions promote. I am still a member of the church for some personal reasons, though I plan to separate from it later on in my life.

But I think saying that "nothing will happen without an open mind" is a bit disrespectful towards some people (or perhaps I'm misinterpreting). I'm willing to bet there are hundreds that have really struggled and tried to find their faith but have "failed" and are now atheists. I've heard many such things in the US for example, where faith is such a big deal. Losing their faith there has been a tremendous process and involved a LOT of Bible studies etc. Are you saying that they have not approached the subject with an open mind?
if you feel uncomfortable at a church and feel bad vibes from others in the church then you should leave its plain and simple, i had to do that at my other church where i grew up in because they didnt like me and my mom because we were trying to follow what God wants us to do, how can people like that call themselves christians and they jus pick what they think is good and bash and the other people who are not in their league, i couldnt understand that for a long time, im currently not in church right now, but im still a christian, tbh you dont need to go to church to be saved or a christian, all you have to do is have wisdom and trust in God our Father, thats all you need to do and also believe in his Word, and he will direct your path, we need to have patiences in life, we cant let satin control us, ask God to fight your battles

and i dont know Alomieh either, but hes starting to remind me of why me and my mom left my other church because people in that church like to judge others and pick who they want them to be in their social club

God said "Judge not less ye be judge", but people like alomieh is failing to realize that
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #85
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Of course it does. Spiritual is just a new age word for religious.
True. Some "atheists" (the most fanatical ones or politically oriented) have one secret dream. Killing the every kind of inner-life (which means freedom, subjectivity, art, affectivity, ...) and merchandizing everything that stands on the planet.

"The Civilization of Machines is a conspiracy against every kind of inner-life" said Bernanos.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #86
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Some "atheists" (the most fanatical ones or politically oriented) have one secret dream. Killing the every kind of inner-life (which means freedom, subjectivity, art, affectivity, ...) and merchandizing everything that stands on the planet.
Some "religious people" (the most fanatical ones or politically oriented) have a not so very secret dream. Killing those who don't share their beliefs.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #87
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again, Catholicism is as far from Christianity as Islam or Hinduism. Stop telling us that you know what Christianity is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
It's just a book FFS

Listening to Aloimeh talk about how Catholicism is far from Christianity made me remember this pic:

http://apina.biz/49796.jpg
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #88
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, as far as I can tell it's Saudi Arabia that's run more Old Testament "style" than anything I do
good, at least you realize that the Old Testament style is bad to say the least, even though you "accept" it because you are too brainwashed and hasn't grown up from scary childish visions of Hell to judge it for what it is and act accordingly

funny how people keep attacking Saudi Arabia whenever they feel like attacking me, as if they are proving anything against me by doing that

Quote:
It's not my job to exact judgment on anybody. I am a sinner like everyone else and in need of God's salvation and forgiveness. It's God who will punish. But I think that needed to be stated clearly and openly because many here hate the thought of God judging their behavior after they die. And you're one of them.
it's a fact that God often exacted his judgement using other people in the Bible regardless of them being sinners or not, so I thought since you are so literal and adherent to it you might as well do what pleases the God of the Bible

it all down to your beliefs, the God of Islam would punish you in exactly the same way you think your God will punish Muslims, given there is no absolute proof on either side and that both positions require blind faith, there's a very good chance you will be condemned to hell yourself if a God did exist

if a supposed God truly endorsed you as a fine and good believer, he is not a god worthy of love let alone worship, let's not get started on a God that endorses the OT
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #89
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalMyHero View Post
if you feel uncomfortable at a church and feel bad vibes from others in the church then you should leave its plain and simple, i had to do that at my other church where i grew up in because they didnt like me and my mom because we were trying to follow what God wants us to do, how can people like that call themselves christians and they jus pick what they think is good and bash and the other people who are not in their league, i couldnt understand that for a long time, im currently not in church right now, but im still a christian, tbh you dont need to go to church to be saved or a christian, all you have to do is have wisdom and trust in God our Father, thats all you need to do and also believe in his Word, and he will direct your path, we need to have patiences in life, we cant let satin control us, ask God to fight your battles

and i dont know Alomieh either, but hes starting to remind me of why me and my mom left my other church because people in that church like to judge others and pick who they want them to be in their social club

God said "Judge not less ye be judge", but people like alomieh is failing to realize that
No worries, I never go to church and the only way it touches me is that my tax rate is slightly higher.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #90
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

The Bible is both mysognistic and homophobic.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote