Grigor in 2012 (general) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #91
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor in 2012 (general)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
I can't believe he spat at the Bulgarian fans. The Hopman Cup is like a mini Davis Cup and it's great the Bulgarian fans got so involved. They brought a lot of atmosphere to the tournament this year.

When someone asked him on Twitter about the confrontation with Grigor, he replied with this:

MardyFish Mardy Fish @
@NeilHarmanTimes You Brits always looking for something! There's nothing there. Great talent he is. Will be a good player for a long time.
3 hours ago
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #92
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor

Fish you asshole
Old 01-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #93
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i really feel like he should have pulled out of the qualies

i realise he wanted more practice for the AO but he had to realise that the timing just wouldnt work
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #94
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree - I was really surprised to read that he would play the qualifying in Sydney; no reason to play so many matches before the Aussie Open. I think he has looked great in the matches so far (didn't see the Fish Match). His game is starting to come together, and he'll be trouble for many of the top 20 on tour. Let's hope he can get a pretty good draw and we'll see what happens.
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #95
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

if he was in the main draw directly it would have been a different story, he'd have more time to rest but he should have realised the turnover would have been short and even worse if mardy was actually able to make a match of things
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #96
country flag Bul Fans Melb

Bul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I can't believe he spat at the Bulgarian fans. The Hopman Cup is like a mini Davis Cup and it's great the Bulgarian fans got so involved. They brought a lot of atmosphere to the tournament this year.
It's a shame that this type of behavior occured.It's seems as though the United stated players have a bit of a history of being sore losers.E.g: Andy roddick,Serena williams,Robert kendrick and now Mardy fish,ohh yeh and who can forget John mcenroe.

Last year when Grigor played Robert Kendrick in the qualifiers for Australian open,we were chanting for Grigor and because of that Kendrick hit the ball out of the court and went to his chair.He said don't make me jump the fence,and he said that this happens to him every f..... year, it was funny to see.

By the way the Bulgarian fans in perth were fantastic! Great job guys.

See you next week Mardy!
Bul Fans Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #97
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bul Fans Melb View Post
It's a shame that this type of behavior occured.It's seems as though the United stated players have a bit of a history of being sore losers.E.g: Andy roddick,Serena williams,Robert kendrick and now Mardy fish,ohh yeh and who can forget John mcenroe.

Last year when Grigor played Robert Kendrick in the qualifiers for Australian open,we were chanting for Grigor and because of that Kendrick hit the ball out of the court and went to his chair.He said don't make me jump the fence,and he said that this happens to him every f..... year, it was funny to see.

By the way the Bulgarian fans in perth were fantastic! Great job guys.

See you next week Mardy!
Um, I am prety sure Grigor didn't play Kendrick last year at AO qualies. He played Mateo Viola R1, then Reda in R2 and Thomas Schoorel in R3. You are probably mistaking this match with some else .

I don't understand why Mardy was so pissed at the fans too. They were only cheerful for Grigor, the didn't make any noise during Mardy's serves, didn't appload his UE or boo him . Fans didn't get a single warning from the umpire to keep silence the whole tournament...

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #98
country flag Bul Fans Melb

Bul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond reputeBul Fans Melb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
Um, I am prety sure Grigor didn't play Kendrick last year at AO qualies. He played Mateo Viola R1, then Reda in R2 and Thomas Schoorel in R3. You are probably mistaking this match with some else .

I don't understand why Mardy was so pissed at the fans too. They were only cheerful for Grigor, the didn't make any noise during Mardy's serves, didn't appload his UE or boo him . Fans didn't get a single warning from the umpire to keep silence the whole tournament...
Yes sorry i got the year wrong i meant to say 2 years ago (2010)

Yes your absolutely correct,they actually brought some nice colour and atmosphere in a and family friendly manner which is why i was even more disappointed that Mardy spat towards them.And even then they didn't seem to retaliate.Extremely unsportsmanlike and unecessary by him.

Last edited by Bul Fans Melb : 01-08-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Bul Fans Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #99
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

I think Fish has a chip on his shoulder since he had lost to Berdych, I think. He had a hard time with Nielsen as well, so I think he was looking for something to vent his anger to. Certainly a shame how he behaved! The Bulgarian fans looked to have a great time from what I could see.
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #100
country flag proud bulgarian

proud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
if he was in the main draw directly it would have been a different story, he'd have more time to rest but he should have realised the turnover would have been short and even worse if mardy was actually able to make a match of things
From what I understood from Grigor's mother yesterday, they didn't realise that he'd have to play 2 qualification matches in one day and it was very hot on Saturday. We got burnt and tired just by watching. His parents were ready to fall asleep by the court - they and Grigor hadn't slept at all, they arrived in Sydney around 7 a.m. and had to get ready to go straight to Homebush.

So, as crazy as it sounds, Grisho was supposed to play 4 matches in less than 24 hours with no sleep at all and almost 5 hours on the plane. ATP really needs to rethink the qualification schedule for the men at the Apia International... They would have managed to be on time even if the guys had played one qualification match on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Anyway, all that said, Grigor was a hero to even manage to play the first match, let alone win it. He was going great in the first set and the beginning of the second, we thought he'd "do a Mardy Fish on him" , but he hit a wall in the middle of the second and could barely move. He did his best, drank Gatorade and Coca Cola and managed to revive himself sufficiently to win the match. He came up for the second match in a few hours, but one could see he wasn't moving or focusing well, he simply had to retire.

Physically he is well, trained in Sydney yesterday and is in Melbourne today.

I am sure that all fans at Melbourne will be supporting him big time. Please, do that for us too, as we can't come to the Australian Open this year. And Ivo, please, say hi to Tsveti from us and sorry we can't be there for her. We'll support her online. Do us proud, like the fans in Perth did.
proud bulgarian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #101

proud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyE View Post
I think Fish has a chip on his shoulder since he had lost to Berdych, I think. He had a hard time with Nielsen as well, so I think he was looking for something to vent his anger to. Certainly a shame how he behaved! The Bulgarian fans looked to have a great time from what I could see.
You are absolutely right. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the replay of the face off incident in the doubles match in Perth and saw Fish mouthing "asshole" to Grigor! It was so obvious, I am 100% sure that the official heard it clearly. At his age, Mardy should know how to behave, even if he is beaten badly. He wouldn't dare do that to Berdych, Federer, Nadal or Djokovic... The problem is, he is not likely to be fined for that, even though he kept pestering Grigor again and again. But he shouldn't just get away with it!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #102

In the spirit of merriment, I would like to offer a recipe for a possible tennis cookbook. :-)

Grigor Dimitrov's recipe for battered Fish

Preparation:
Batter the Fish vigorously for 58 minutes, then leave to stew in its own sauce for 40 minutes.

Serving instructions:
Serve hot on TV (preferably at an average of 200 km/hour).

Note: Code violations do not interrupt the stewing process, so apply generously. Bon appetit!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #103
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor drew Chardy in first round

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #104
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Like in RG.. Now I really hope he wins this match
Old 01-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #105
country flag benji47

benji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad draw, but I really don't wanna jinx him so I will set my expectation low - one win would be nice.
benji47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote