Is it polite to ask a woman her age? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is it polite to ask a woman her age?

It is ok in certain circumstances 18 85.71%
No way, never ask a women her age no matter what 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #16
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it polite to ask a woman her age?

Another day, another poll with substandard options.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #17
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great tool in fact. In my experience, cool girls have no problem with that but dumb girls yes.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always doing it in a playful way. I say something like: "You look like you are xx years old." When she wants to answer I immediately say: "Say nothing. Did you know that you can find out the age of a woman based on two things? One is by looking at your hands (taking one of her hands) and the other one is by looking for wrinkles around your eyes." Then I guess her age and when it's wrong she will tell me and probably laugh.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
WTF why should it be deemed unrespectful to ask a girls age, yet alright to ask for a males age? Double standards much?
Spot on. What about all that talk of men being equal to women?
I think the Groove dude is a bit chauvinistic, but hey some girls dig that.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #20
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

It's fine afaic.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #21
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
funny how our views of the world can drastically differ, not only would I fail my gynecology exam if I didn't ask my female patient about her age during my history taking interview, I would also fail if I didn't ask about details of her menstrual period, including duration, amount and color
I am glad you understand the difference between the settings of a social meeting and of a Ob&Gyn consultation. Because most girls would find it offensive if you also asked them if you could insert an speculum and see their cervix. Or check for breast nodules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
If a woman is vain enough to care about her age, you shouldn't be trying to fuck her.
Not true and you know it.

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #22
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
I'm always doing it in a playful way. I say something like: "You look like you are xx years old." When she wants to answer I immediately say: "Say nothing. Did you know that you can find out the age of a woman based on two things? One is by looking at your hands (taking one of her hands) and the other one is by looking for wrinkles around your eyes." Then I guess her age and when it's wrong she will tell me and probably laugh.
Great idea. The wrinkly eyed girl can give you a black eye to allow people to guess your age from.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Old 11-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #23
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactlyl
Old 11-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #24
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambritfan View Post
Is it polite to ask a man his age? Yes? There's your answer. Equality should have next to no exceptions.
Me: "You are the cutest girl I've seen today. I need to get to know you."
Her: "How old are you?"

Happened to me just 3 hours ago.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Meh I never start a convo.

This is the story of my life:
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #26
country flag Bilbo

By the way, it is good when a girl asks for your age. It indicates interest. However, you shouldn't give her a clear answer and make it a bit of a playful challenge. Don't be like other men and give her a boring direct answer.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #27
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Spot on. What about all that talk of men being equal to women?
I think the Groove dude is a bit chauvinistic, but hey some girls dig that.
Yep seems like feminists bring up the 'fairness' card only when it's them not being treated properly.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Quote:

You forgot to add the awww at the beginning of her reply.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Old 11-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #29
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Yep seems like feminists bring up the 'fairness' card only when it's them not being treated properly.
Additionally, arguing or disagreeing with anything feminists say is effectively sexist.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #30
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

it is more polite than asking her 'show us your map of tasmania' which is a handy one Bolar Bolabi likes to use when out on the prowl after a couple of cold ones...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote