Yannick Noah suspects Spain's success a fraud. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #76
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yannick Noah suspects Spain's success a fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
And yet, you wish to destroy all blood testing by not punishing HES-cheaters.
I should report you for accusing me falsely. I have stated facts, not made any judgement. Of course HES should carry a 2-year ban.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #77
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I should report you for accusing me falsely. I have stated facts, not made any judgement. Of course HES should carry a 2-year ban.
Yes, you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-True
The Spanish authorities, especially the ones in cycling, are absolutely bananas indeed though... they did clear Contador because of the contaminated meat hypothesis, and his case is being heard next week in the Court of Arbitration for Sport. He might just escape though, since several sportsmen have been declared non-guilty after testing positive for the same substance. Not that I believe his excuse...

However, two days ago the same Spanish federation banned another Spanish rider, Mosquera, with the harshest punishment: 2 years, despite testing positive for a substance that is not really performance enhancing and not really in the list of true "positive substances".

They make no sense...
HES is masking agent for blood doping and should therefĺr be treated as such, which is far more serious than a weight loss drug. Furthermĺr, Contador's ultra-low values and negative test the previous day, proves that the positive was not a result of deliberate ingestion of clenbuterol.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #78
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Whoa! Noah accuses Spanish armada of doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Is there something you know about Spanish courts that we don't? please tell...
You don't expect me to have an answe, but I do!

They blocked the Operacion Puerto investigation!

Your rhetorical question just backfired!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #79
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, you did.

HES is masking agent for blood doping and should therefĺr be treated as such, which is far more serious than a weight loss drug. Furthermĺr, Contador's ultra-low values and negative test the previous day, proves that the positive was not a result of deliberate ingestion of clenbuterol.
What happened is sadly sometimes irrelevant in court.

Fact is, HES (for some reason) is in a sort of legal limbo as far as illegal substances go. I'm not going to pretend I understand what all of that is about.

On the other hand, clembuterol is a standard banned substance with no minimum threshold.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 11-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #80
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
What happened is sadly sometimes irrelevant in court.

Fact is, HES (for some reason) is in a sort of legal limbo as far as illegal substances go. I'm not going to pretend I understand what all of that is about.
Okay, but there are precedents for the maximum length ban. I know of at least 6 skiers who were suspended for 2 years.

Quote:
On the other hand, clembuterol is a standard banned substance with no minimum threshold.
There's still the "no significant fault" thingy that saved Richie and a bunch of clenbuterol failures...
Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #81
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoa! Noah accuses Spanish armada of doping

Quote:
You don't expect me to have an answe, but I do!

They blocked the Operacion Puerto investigation!
"blocked"? you obviously have no idea of what you're shitting from the mouth.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #82
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do people really think Spain won the football World Cup because of doping? I mean, I can understand the talk about cycling and tennis, but football? It's not like Spain's football is a physical brand of football, based on body strength or stamina...
Their whole game revolves arround position play and applying insane amounts of pressure as a team. They need ridiculous stamina for that.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 8 RG - 2 W - 2 USO

Last edited by GSMnadal : 11-20-2011 at 02:00 PM.
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #83
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

gotta hand it to Noah

he knew exactly the button to press to send the Spaniards nuts and they didnt fail to deliver - uncle Toni sounded in tears during his statement
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #84
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Spain running their competition into the ground? Did we watch the same World Cup???

Old 11-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #85
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
gotta hand it to Noah

he knew exactly the button to press to send the Spaniards nuts and they didnt fail to deliver - uncle Toni sounded in tears during his statement
Just a lame envious troll, exactly the same as you. But while he uses Le Monde, MTF is your habitat.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #86
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

next time Spain win a golfing major
Old 11-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #87
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
next time Spain win a golfing major
1999 > 1936

Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #88
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Noah should not have singled out one country....many athletes and many countries have players doing this type of thing. Singling out Spain just makes it sound like sour grapes.

He is definitely right though, there are some Spaniards that seem like obvious dopers....along with several other top players.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #89
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but spain seems like the least probable country on the list of potential doping offenders, judging by the way its sportsmen worked their way up to the top. other sports superpowers have emerged over the last century and many of them have simply skyrocketed out of thin air. spain on the other hand has gradually climbed up the ladder, bit by bit.

do people forget its national teams' track record? it's not like spain used to be some hapless amateur second-tier team that got brutally beaten up time and time again. the only thing that prevented them from achieving glory during tournaments prior to 2008 was some sort of mental roadblock. it was just a matter of time to navigate around it, sooner or later the negative bubble was about to pop anyways.

the same goes for tennis. what about moya? bruguera? corretja? noah makes it sound as if nadal was the first spaniard ever to hold a major title.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #90
Banned!

leave the spanish alone

its all that contaminated meat