Yannick Noah suspects Spain's success a fraud. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #61
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoa! Noah accuses Spanish armada of doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Thanks Mr. Moderator.
Well, excuse me for desiring a well-structured forum, Mr. fancy gas ball.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #62
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Ferrer's retort is a fair point ....... except tennis basically has no anti-doping controls either, when you look at the details.

So many comically large loopholes, completely useless out-of-competition testing that a child could evade, dependent on useless urine testing rather than blood/hair, almost no EPO testing at all, no HGH testing, etc etc etc.
Hair is so easily tampered with. I’m not fond of hair testing. Blood has a very short window, but is good for somethings esp. high red blood cells.

I agree that the lack of EPO testing is a crime.

Also, I don’t have a problem with Ferrer taking a low blow because to accuse each and every Spanish athlete of doping without any evidence other than success is pretty low, imo.

And then the call for French athletes to also dope makes the whole thing comical.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #63
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Well, excuse me for desiring a well-structured forum, Mr. fancy gas ball.
If you dish it, you gotta take it.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #64
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, uh! Does not!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #65
country flag Mjau!

Here is the thread I had in mind

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=168510
Old 11-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #66
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Noah alleges 'magic potion,' Spaniards react

Ticker - Saturday, November 19, 2011
In an editorial in Le Monde, former Roland Garros champion and French Davis and Fed Cup captain Yannick Noah lashes out at Spanish sporting culture, and alleges that the reason for the rise of their Southern neighbor’s success may have to do with taking a “magic potion.”

"When I still milled around on the courts with my racket, we weren't ridiculous, far from it, against our Spanish friends," Noah wrote. "Same on the soccer fields, the basketballs halls or on the roads of the Tour de France. Today they are running faster than us, are much more stronger and only leave us the bread crumbs. Compared to us, it's simple, we look like dwarves. Did we miss something?

"How can a nation dominate virtually overnight sport in such a way? Did they discover some avant-garde techniques or training facilities that nobody before them had imagined? I have searched and didn't find any documented evidence of such innovations… Today if you don't have the magic potion, it's hard to win…In the last years they may have abused a bit of it, considering the avalanche of positive tests… You know what they talk about at the sports bars: those who win are those who can slip out of the net, those who are quicker than the controllers and use the non-detectable drugs….In Spain, the Fuentes case, the biggest scandal in the history of the sport [where a Spanish doctor was arrested for allegedly aiding famous cyclists and other with blood doping], they did ‘nothing.’ Maybe because, over there, sport is so important its heroes are more protected…Of course you have to apply 'innocent until proven guilty,' but nobody is fooled. The best attitude would be to accept doping. Let everyone have his magic potion."

Spanish tennis player David Ferrer reacted, telling DPA: "Your son [Joakim Noah of the Chicago Bulls] plays in the NBA, where there are no doping controls. This is not the best person to talk, I think it’s total ignorance. For a person who has played tennis and knows how the sport works to say that is outrageous with reason or thinking."

On Twitter, another Spanish player, Feliciano Lopez said that he was disappointed that one of his onetime heroes would say such stupid things.

Former Wimbledon champion Manolo Santana added: "It seems out of place. Spain is now the leading power of sport and statements like that are not good for him and not for sport in general...When people want fame, the only way to have it's messing with a person or an entity as large as Spain in sport. In basketball, soccer, tennis, Formula One, athletics -- in all sports Spain is at the forefront."
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 AM   #67
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noah alleges 'magic potion,' Spaniards react

they are right, yannick needs to stfu with his stupid comments he really is making a bad name for himself
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM   #68
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yannick Noah suspects Spain's success a fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
If you're going to claim cycling is the dirtiest sport of all, then test all other sports like you test cycling. Then, sheer numbers will talk. Until then, no one can make a fair assessment.
Indeed.

Problem is, if they applied that to soccer and tennis, I rather suspect the sports would be ruined for a while. So they'll stick with the current setups, where it's patently obvious how to evade the testers, only complete morons get caught, and the players are free to dope as much as they like out of competition.

But on the other hand, baseball survived. Turns out all the rumours that everyone was doping there were true, as is inevitable in any modern sport without proper testing. Yet the sport went through the wringer, and still exists.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #69
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Le Monde has the list of the entire Barcelona team and what drugs they were on (he also treated tennis players btw). What happened to the whole thing? Buried. Never seen again.
No. Barcelona sued them and they won the lawsuit.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/socce...72480161_x.htm
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #70
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
No. Barcelona sued them and they won the lawsuit.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/socce...72480161_x.htm
Spanish court...
Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #71
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yannik Noah suspects Spain's success a fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Ferrer on Noah's verbal deposition:
Wow, David

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
On Twitter, another Spanish player, Feliciano Lopez said that he was disappointed that one of his onetime heroes would say such stupid things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.

Last edited by Pirata. : 11-20-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #72
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yannik Noah suspects Spain's success a fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
Well, when this was published just a few weeks afterwards a german table tennis player Dimitrij Ovtcharov had the same excuse.
It was funny how the german media reacted. Whilst Contador was clearly found guilty in all newspapers Ovtcharov was a victim of criminals who poisoned some meat.

The same pattern can be found when it comes to wintersports.
If a biathlete or speed skater from Russia or some other east european country is not allowed to take part in a comepetition it is clear that he/she must have used doping whilst if the same happens to german athletes german media always blame wrong results or the adaptation to the location.
It is everywhere the same . Estonian cross-country skier Veerpalu was tested positive HGH and found guilty by FIS, banned for 3 years. But he is kinda national hero in Estonia, twice Olympic Champion, twice World Champion .You could say he is ( was ) same in Estonia what Contador is for Spain.

You couldnt believe what happened next. Everybody and their grandma ( including Estonian skiing Federation ! ) started defend him :

1) they said his body is something special ,genetic mutation he has, produces HGH differently than in bodies of 99.5% other athletes

2) testing method is not reliable,

3)heavy practice and being in Alpine room fucked up results...
... and so on and so on.

Now the case is in Court of Arbitration for Sport, they spend huge amounts of money on lawyers.His fans made a support group in Facebook, and collected more than 60 000 supporters.There is even theory that this is all Norwegian conspiracy, who was jealous that skier from small ex-soviet country won so much gold in classic style,gold which always before belonged to Norwegian skiers ! Whats missing is story that aliens abducted him in night and injected artificial HGH to experiment with him.

I guess it is people`s nature : we are eager to point fingers, when someone strange is caught, but when he is " our guy",lot of people are just in denial, they cant and dont want to believe what lab results show.
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #73
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yannick Noah suspects Spain's success a fraud.

Toni Nadal on Noah's verbal turd:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte...781965&numero=

"Evildoers always think the worst of others. Im shocked that someone of doubtful integrity dares to accuse Spanish sportpeople. I totally don't understand."

"Im not calling him Sir because someone talking like that isn't one. If he approaches my nephew to greet I expect Rafa to tell him politely what he thinks of him"

"Xavi, Iniesta, Ramos or Casillas among others are obviously very clean and they are world champs. Im sure David Ferrer takes nothing and I know that Rafa has never in his life taken anything"

"It isn't merely envy but also sheer rashness. You may be envious of someone but then at least keep it to yourself. It's very wrong for him to talk like that, I've been told many stories about him. It's weird that someone of doubtful credentials allows himself to cast doubts on others."
Old 11-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #74
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spanish court...
Doesn't matter. Le Monde appealed the decision and the final verdict came out this week.
Barcelona won the lawsuit and this is probably the reason why Noah wrote that piece of garbage for the same newspaper.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #75
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spanish court...
Is there something you know about Spanish courts that we don't? please tell...