Is Feminism striving for gender equality? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What does feminism stand for?

equality between the sexes 7 26.92%
Exclusively more rights for women 19 73.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
country flag Murraybestever

Murraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond reputeMurraybestever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Feminism striving for gender equality?

Feminism was an important movement in the 70's and 80's in pushing towards more rights for women and it was successful, at that time the main issues which were gender discrimatory were against women and so rightfully those are the focused issues. For a long time I saw feminism as a movement which campaigned for more rights for women but lately people have been quoting the definition "The advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes." this suggests they are looking for equality but is feminism actually looking to promote equality between the sexes or is it a movement exclusively for women's rights.

I'd like opinions on both sides, preferably someone who would call themselves a feminist.
Wawrinka ? He's nowhere near the same level as del Potro - JMDP had an extremely injury-prone 2013 while Wawrinka had a career years and Delpo still achieved more in 2013 than Wawrinka in all his career -, will be lucky to make a second Slam SF and he's definitely not even close to being a big threat to Nadal/Djokovic. What's with the Wawrinka hype on MTF these days
Murray greatest ever British player
Murraybestever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
country flag Moonball Pusher
Banned!

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Feminism striving for gender equality?

Feminists are crazy people.
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Goat = Fed has an opinion on this topic.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura88 View Post
I'm sure Goat = Fed has an opinion on this topic.
Same. I am looking forward to a Goat=Fraud epic novel.

Although, I do admit that most feminists these days, have been reading too much Orwell.

Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others. Feminism in a nutshell.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
country flag Crustaceok

Crustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond repute

Radical feminists ruined the movement, their ideas are aggresive, unworkable and stupid. And they don't want equality, that's sure.

Just as what happened with vegetarians and animalists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others. Feminism in a nutshell.
This

Garin - Lama - Jarry - Podlipnik - Malla

Tennis Tipping (actual/best)
Singles: 99/99 - W: Tianjin CH, Prague-2 CH, San Juan Fut / RU: Rovinj Fut, Gimcheon CH
Doubles (w/Chilenaitor): 123/122 - W: Kyoto CH, Samarkand CH / RU: Rimouski CH, Vicenza CH, Segovia CH, Bucharest Fut
Crustaceok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
country flag nevenez

nevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond reputenevenez has a reputation beyond repute

Feminism is a critical school of sociology, an offshoot of Marxism and Conflict theory. Conflict theory posits that society is composed of antagonistic groups that compete for scarce resources. In Marxism, the competing groups are the Capitalists (bourgeoisie) and the Workers (proletariat); In Feminism the competing groups are Males and Females.

Marxist theory posits that society is defined by Historical Materialism-- the technology, tools, science that define the relationships between the competing classes. For example, a feudal lord and a serf, vs. Bill Gates and a highly trained computer engineer. The Bourgeoisie get their capital by exploiting the proletariat; that is, capital is the excess value of a worker's labor that is not paid to the worker. Marxist theory posits that a capitalist need only pay a worker a sufficient amount of money so that he can reproduce himself in his children. The word proletariat means men who have nothing to offer but their sons. Thus, labor is the commodity. That's what the worker sells, and what the capitalist buys-- a man's labor.

The Feminist version of historical materialism is "the Patriarchy"-- the notion that the relationship between males and females is defined by male-dominated institutions like religion, politics, war, even language. So, for feminism, the modes of production are the methods and tools of conveying culture (language, schools, courts, legal precedents, etc). According to feminists males exploit females by giving them less than they take. Males exploit females by essentially paying them less than they are worth for their sexual capital.

What is the endgame of Marxism? The proletariat will develop a class conscious, that is, they will see themselves as a distinct group that is diametrically antagonistic to the Bourgeoisie. They will use the mode of production (tools, technology, training, education) at the particular stage of historical development to overthrow the capitalists and essentially take their stuff and spread it amongst themselves.

What is the endgame for feminism? the females will develop a class consciousness, and see themselves as a distinct group that is antagonistic to males. They will use the modes of production of the Patriarchy to overthrow male dominance. This means that the goal of feminism is to take control of the cultural institutions of society, like language, schools, education, mass media, marriage, etc.

This is why the Liberal Left (which is the political arm of Marxist/ Feminist theory) is so concerned with controlling language and culture. This is the whole purpose behind the "politically correct" movement. The question is: Can a class of people, conscious of their status as a class, use the Modes of Production to change institutions? Nobody is offended if you say "mailman"; It's about the power to control our language. This is why the transformation of marriage to accommodate homosexuals is so important. It has nothing to do with equality or freedom, it's about power. It's about the power to control the Modes of Production and put them to ends of the feminist revolution. This is why public schools are so antagonistic to typical male behavior. Education, language, marriage are all fundamental institutions of our culture. The very purpose of feminism is to take control of these institutions, not with the physical violence associated with a Marxist revolution, but with cultural violence.
nevenez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

"The feminists hate me, don't they? And I don't blame them. For I hate feminism. It is poison." - Margaret Thatcher

“I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of ‘Women’s Rights,’ with all its attendant horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to ‘unsex’ themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection.” - Queen Victoria

Two successful women who already foresaw the facade of feminism before the extreme and radicalised version of it came to fruition in the past few year propped by the Social Justice Warriors online.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:48 AM   #8
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
"The feminists hate me, don't they? And I don't blame them. For I hate feminism. It is poison." - Margaret Thatcher

“I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of ‘Women’s Rights,’ with all its attendant horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to ‘unsex’ themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection.” - Queen Victoria

Two successful women who already foresaw the facade of feminism before the extreme and radicalised version of it came to fruition in the past few year propped by the Social Justice Warriors online.
one of whom only achieved power through hereditary birth rights

Well done Queen Victoria, well done ..... for being born ....

In any case a great deal of what feminism strives to achieves, that is equality between the sexes, is something thatcher should've supported considering is would ultimately fit with many of economic views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #9
country flag Moonball Pusher
Banned!

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post

SJWs are just the newest face of cultural marxism
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #10
country flag monfed

monfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond repute

Feminism is regressive.
monfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 AM   #11
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

This entire thread already

People who let radical believers of any movement color their perception of the entire movement

OP trying to have this discussion on MTF

I'm sure #NotAllMen are MRAs, but I'll let you guys keep thinking all feminists are bra-burning misandrists who want to turn men into sex slaves if it makes you feel better about yourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #12
country flag JamieBlake

JamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of women care about gender equality even if that's hard to believe for many guys.

TOMAS BERDYCH - PAT RAFTER - ANDY RODDICK - VASEK POSPISIL - ANDREAS SEPPI - JOHN ISNER - ROGER FEDERER

HATE LIST: Uncle Twatni
JamieBlake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #13
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

every man should be a feminist

every movement has radicals

just compare the american south christians to what Jesus actually said

lets not confuse feminism to a minority of radical nutcases

Last edited by pray-for-palestine-and-israel : 09-24-2014 at 02:01 PM.
pray-for-palestine-and-israel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #14
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

More or less.
I always speak the truth though, and when I say it's not because of you, it's because it's not. I never lie. My mom has taught me to never lie because it's bad, that's why I'm always honest. one needs to have integrity, that's the most important human virtue imo.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #15
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBlake View Post
A lot of women care about gender equality even if that's hard to believe for many guys.
True gender equality is impossible.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote