Do you think you need to have a lot in common for a relationship to work? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Relationships, need someone like minded for them to work?

Yes 4 26.67%
Not always 5 33.33%
Depends 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #16
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think you need to have a lot in common for a relationship to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Angry sex is some of the best sex there is.
So, to repeat what Sunset of Age said, what's your longest relationship? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #17
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think you need to have a lot in common for a relationship to work?

I've been in a lot of beneficial relationships that have lasted a long time. And am glad to say I still am.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
This is the way it works for me. My BF is clearly an 'opposite' when it comes to our characters, but it's our common interests, morals, and general feeling about 'what truly matters in life' that has kept us going for over ten years now.
the power of emotional connection. this is what truly connects. the core of each relationship.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #19
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
the power of emotional connection. this is what truly connects. the core of each relationship.

Indeed. I'd like to just elaborate a bit further on this.

You tell your BF/GF something funny/stupid/embarrassing you've done/happened to you that day (which I think happens to most of us most of the times), and the first reaction from said BF/GF is something like -

Next stage - mutual

Thereafter -

And finally - both together:

The whole point of true emotional connection is being able to reach that final stage over-and-over again.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #20
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I love myself

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #21
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I love myself
So you have a lot in common with yourself?
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #22
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I love myself
Me too ... and it's reciprocal at least.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:10 AM   #23
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
You need superficial differences to add spice & fundamental similarities to avoid resenting each other in the long run. Superficial attributes in this context are things such as political outlook, cultural background, race, nationality, interests, & hobbies. These can be as different as you want. Fundamental attributes include need for pleasure (sex, drugs, sleep, food, etc.), ambition in the broadest sense, degree of openness & honesty, level of individuality, & attitudes to others' faults. Big differences in any of those and the relationship is doomed in the long term.
Agree. I'd bet that most couples who see themselves as "opposites" actually share most of the fundamental attributes as stated. Either that or they're just insecure people who are stuck in an unhappy relationship because they're worried they can't do any better .
Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #24
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

you need to have a balanced relationship, take things slow, dont rush into a relationship, try to get comfortable and get to know a person more, the more you feel right with that person most likely you will get into a deeper relationship, if the person wants to get married to you after less than a year, then thats a problem, you dont want to get married right away, it ruins the mood of the relationship and it puts pressure on you and your partner, so jus take things slow and moderate, its better that way, no one will have a perfect relationship everyone will have their flaws, just be sure to stay well connected and love thyself and your partner
Old 11-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #25
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
hmm... yes... hmmm where have i heard that before...

oh yes... Chapter 5, paragraph 22 of Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus...

an apt and timely recital... one of your best...

lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:54 AM   #26
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post

Indeed. I'd like to just elaborate a bit further on this.

You tell your BF/GF something funny/stupid/embarrassing you've done/happened to you that day (which I think happens to most of us most of the times), and the first reaction from said BF/GF is something like -

Next stage - mutual

Thereafter -

And finally - both together:

The whole point of true emotional connection is being able to reach that final stage over-and-over again.
genius
Old 11-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #27
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily, but a female companion should be roughly your intellectual equal, or the relationship will fail.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #28
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Not necessarily, but a female companion should be roughly your intellectual equal, or the relationship will fail.
Agreed and that's where it hurts, hard to find someone pretty, intellectualw who shares your opinions etc ... and single ...
Not to mention intellectual females don't go out.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #29
I wanna taste u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I've been in a lot of beneficial relationships that have lasted a long time. And am glad to say I still am.

im happy for you
Old 11-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've only ever been in one serious relationship that lasted 8 years - we had a lot in common, but were also close to beating the shit out of each other towards the end. I still voted yes.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote