Tsonga: "winning against djokovic means less than winning against Federer or Nadal" - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #61
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsonga: "winning against djokovic means less than winning against Federer or Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
There's nothing wrong with what Tsonga said. It's true that Novak is nowhere near the achievements of those 2 great players. Not yet.
Yep, that's the whole point. And we've yet to see whether Djokovic will get anywhere near to Fedal's achievements. Right now I'd say it's a pretty big hill still to climb for him. 26 > 4.

Quote:
But that excess of respect for Federer didn't help Tsonga on Sunday. Roger played really well. But Tsonga had his chances in the second set to even the match. He was serving like a god, winning 100% of the points on his first sere...Until it really mattered, then Tsonga fell to pieces, probably thinking about Roger's "aura". He can beat Federer, he has done in the past, but he couldn't do it when it mattered, to win his first Masters title at home.
Tsonga may have valued his win over Fed in Wimbledon even more than possibly beating him in Paris, but I may be mistaken about this.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #62
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsonga: "winning against djokovic means less than winning against Federer or Nada

I think Nishikori would disagree

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #63
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
I think Nishikori would disagree
nice trolling ......also Young and Bogomolov say hello
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #64
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Lets all get over of it I doubt that Nole cares one bit about statements like these or tsonga's appreciation of him. Nole himself has admitted that roger and nadal are still on another level in terms of career achievements... That's a fact.

But one thing is obvious, this season beating Nole is a lot more meaningful than beating one of the other guys. And if Tsonga disagrees he has been distracted during the whole season. Some fed fans (maybe even Roger himself) even feel prouder about the win over Nole in RG than the last 2 titles.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #65
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
A full fit Nole?
YES.OF.COURSE

The only time Djokovic lost this year against Federer being full fit was at the Roland Garros but there Federer played one of his best matches in the last 2 years
thank you

consider yourself nominated for the ACC
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #66
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The title of the article is "Djokovic n'a pas encore la męme aura que Nadal ou Federer" so that means: "Djokovic does not yet have the same aura as Nadal or Federer.

I'm guessing that what Tsonga means is that Djokovic is having a fantastic 2011 with a lot to defend next year when he'll be the main one with a giant bull's eye on his back so once he can prove he can handle that sort of pressure of being the chased top man, he'll have a similar aura as Roger or Rafa who have had great seasons and backed it up nicely in the following years.
only those who don't speak French and want to start shit will come up with something other than what Tsonga said
Proof That Illegal Immigration Was Worse Under Ronald Reagan Than It Is Under President Obama.In 1986 Ronald Reagan signed an immigration bill which included amnesty. http://www.forwardprogressives.com/p...esident-obama/ http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...pouring-now-u/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigra...ol_Act_of_1986http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive...86/110686b.htm
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #67
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

I mean he is right obviously. but it's pretty clear cut, less accomplishment and less success = less prestige. in time he might become like them but also the problem is that Djokovic does not really have that distinct style or personality that Nadal and Federer have so it is difficult to compare.

certainly in 2011 beating Djokovic was a bigger deal than beating Nadal or Federer but Tsonga makes a good point about facing these guys in general in your career. maybe time will change this though, who knows.

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #68
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
A full fit Nole?
YES.OF.COURSE

The only time Djokovic lost this year against Federer being full fit was at the Roland Garros but there Federer played one of his best matches in the last 2 years
Djokovic was healthy enough against Murray in August he just took the cowards way out. if he is fully functional at the world tour finals then it will also mean he quite possibly ran away form a potential FULL FIT NOLE loss against Tsonga

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #69
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Djokovic was healthy enough against Murray in August he just took the cowards way out. if he is fully functional at the world tour finals then it will also mean he quite possibly ran away form a potential FULL FIT NOLE loss against Tsonga
yes, a full fit Nole will lose to a no-backhand-Tsonga. You got that one right. Did you even watch Paris? Tsonga was VERY lucky to make it to the final.

Obviously, a full fit Nole CAN lose to Federer, no doubt about that one.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #70
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

You can't teach a Nole to suck eggs.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #71
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Djokovic served WTA style in that match...he was also fucked up in the 4th set of the US Open where he served like a girl and still beat Nadal 6-1
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #72
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
zonga better mind his own business......nobody asked him where djokovic should be categorized......even if he was asked, he should say that's not his business...... djokovic dominated one season, just one......so what? he has his own bit of history......
This.
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #73
country flag hiperborejac

hiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond reputehiperborejac has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga is right. Djokovic needs 4-5 more slams to be mentioned in the same sentence with Fedal. Though, Jo's statement is very stupid move cause he'll never have a chance to beat Djokovic again. Never. Ever.
hiperborejac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #74
country flag yellowboy906

yellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvet empire View Post
until djokovic makes the crowds whisper of admiration like Federer's talent does and get excited like nadal's athletic abilities do, he won't ever have the same aura.
are you a retard? have you seen the match between djokovic and nadal at us open final this year where the crowd were making admiration sound even between points? did you see djokovic excite the crowd using his athletic ability to frustrate nadal even though nadal hit his forehand like a demon? there is nobody at the moment who could defend nadal's monster forehand better than djokovic does. it doesn't matter if djokovic never has nadal or federer's aura as long as nadal feels the aura when djokovic neutralize nadal biggest weapon which is his forehand time and time again. fans these days are so dumb saying djokovic won't ever have the same aura. well nadal disagree cause he shi*t his pants every time he sees djokovic across the net.
yellowboy906 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #75
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Clownga's victory over Nadal in AO, will be the highlight of his career after he retires.

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote