Tsonga: "winning against djokovic means less than winning against Federer or Nadal" - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #46
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsonga: "winning against djokovic means less than winning against Federer or Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
There's nothing wrong with what Tsonga said. It's true that Novak is nowhere near the achievements of those 2 great players. Not yet.

But that excess of respect for Federer didn't help Tsonga on Sunday. Roger played really well. But Tsonga had his chances in the second set to even the match. He was serving like a god, winning 100% of the points on his first sere...Until it really mattered, then Tsonga fell to pieces, probably thinking about Roger's "aura". He can beat Federer, he has done in the past, but he couldn't do it when it mattered, to win his first Masters title at home.

I'm sure Tsonga knows that little Novak managed to beat Federer in a Masters Final, with the crowd against him, when he was barely 20 and Roger was at his peak (Rogers Cup, 2007). I bet Roger's "aura" didn't get in the way of Nole's game.
It never did (the aura thing). Djokovic has always been a very mature player. In 2007 he lead the first two tiebreaks against Federer, he lost the entire match on his racket. Of course back then, his serve was poor, so there was no surprise that Federer was going to win it. People can moan and groan about Federer losing at the Australian Open 2008, but Djokovic would have beat him in the long run because his serve wasn't as poor as the 2007 U.S. Open.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #47
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tsonga: "winning against djokovic means less than winning against Federer or Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvet empire View Post
Tsonga said in his pre match interview against djokovic that djokovic doesn't have the same aura as Fed or Nadal. He added that winning against him means less than winning against Fed or Nadal.
Tsonga still sore about AO 2008.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #48
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

in a homogenized era, nobody is sure of who's superior to who because everyone's executing the same game from the back......this situation could sometimes lead to lesser players thinking that they are no way inferior to better achievers......tsonga could very well be thinking that nobody executes drop volleys better than him and nobody rips forehands faster than him only when they go in of course......so some blame has to go for the homogenized era for such comments......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #49
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Wait until Nole spam sees this
Old 11-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #50
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with what Tsonga said. It's true that Novak is nowhere near the achievements of those 2 great players. Not yet.

But that excess of respect for Federer didn't help Tsonga on Sunday. Roger played really well. But Tsonga had his chances in the second set to even the match. He was serving like a god, winning 100% of the points on his first sere...Until it really mattered, then Tsonga fell to pieces, probably thinking about Roger's "aura". He can beat Federer, he has done in the past, but he couldn't do it when it mattered, to win his first Masters title at home.

I'm sure Tsonga knows that little Novak managed to beat Federer in a Masters Final, with the crowd against him, when he was barely 20 and Roger was at his peak (Rogers Cup, 2007). I bet Roger's "aura" didn't get in the way of Nole's game.
Tsonga has won Bercy in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #51
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

fail
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #52
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

tsonga doesnt need this in his life.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #53
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

*dead*

In that case, no big deal losing to Roger, then. He lost, bu he got praised for his efforts by the goat himself. I'm sure he's happy. Now, it it had been Nole...
Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #54
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute

We could improve this thread by editing the title to
- Tsonga: "winning against Djokovic means less than winning against Federer or Nadal ... oh, btw, Pete Sampras was an overrated servebot and Murray will never win a Slam".

That would be a much better thread title IMO. Then you could bring all the tards into a collective frenzy or something. Would be fun.

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #55
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
*dead*

In that case, no big deal losing to Roger, then. He lost, bu he got praised for his efforts by the goat himself. I'm sure he's happy. Now, it it had been Nole...
do you think an injury free djokovic would have beaten federer in paris?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #56
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
fully fit?yes he would have had a great chance...cant claim 100%
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #57
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Slower conditions would favor Federer obviously. On top of that the motivation factor and anger of his U.S. Open loss. But yeah probably a 50/50 if he were healthy.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #58
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute

The greatest philosophical question in tennis today is what would happen if a fully fit Nadal plays a fully fit Nole. However, since there is no tie in tennis and one of them have to lose, in the universe we live in this scenario is impossible.

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #59
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvet empire View Post
Tsonga said in his pre match interview against djokovic (not knowing yet that djokovic would retire) that djokovic doesn't have the same aura as Fed or Nadal. He added that winning against him means less than winning against Fed or Nadal.

the interview in french: http://www.20minutes.fr/article/8214...-nadal-federer

Tsonga

Agree? Disagree?

...Raging?
Agree. Faker has zero class and won't be remembered for long after he's retired.

Nole Fan is probably crying.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #60
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
A full fit Nole?
YES.OF.COURSE

The only time Djokovic lost this year against Federer being full fit was at the Roland Garros but there Federer played one of his best matches in the last 2 years
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote